Where To Buy Money Belt In BKK?

OliverKlozerof

I've never used a money belt but am off to Rome and Paris soon and read that some say they're good to use there. Whatever your opinion about their virtues, or lack thereof, anyone know where to buy a decent one in town? (Answer may be, 'about anywhere,' but, never wanting one, I've never noticed them on sale.)

I.e., I mean the kind you wear under your shirt and/or tucked into pants (see pics). NOT a regular belt with a zipper in back for hiding bills.

Thx.

bellymoneybelt.jpg

moneypouch.jpg

I like the one with the loops that hang over your belt and slips in the front of your pants best - like the second one above. However, I have never seen one with two loops. It has plenty of room and is easily hidden and hard to get into. The only negative is getting it out without being seen. It looks kind of weird pulling it out in public. I just duck into a restroom right before I pay for something and get enough money out to do whatI need to do. Of course, you can just keep small amounts of money in your pockets as well. 

I have used one of these when traveling in dangerous territory for decades. However, they are not easy to find in Thailand. You might have to send way for one from the West. 

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes Robinson, Central Zen.

Good thinking by you.  Rome and Paris are some of the biggest rip off places in the world with expert thieves you will have no idea they robbed you.  So, make sure you wear it under your shirt.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes Robinson, Central Zen.

Good thinking by you.  Rome and Paris are some of the biggest rip off places in the world with expert thieves you will have no idea they robbed you.  So, make sure you wear it under your shirt.

My sister was in Paris or Rome in the last year or two. Said she was talking to a guy and then she discovered she was about €80 lighter. Had no idea how he did it.
I found one of the nice ones at Siam Paragon today (floor with all the shoes; in a back corner shop that had backpacks and sport stuff). Flesh tone silk under clothes belly bag from Eagle Creek. Some prefer the kind that hangs from belt. They had those, too. If this is too awkward, I'll try the belt dangle type.

Edited by OliverKlozerof

4 minutes ago, varun said:

I would advise you to forget about fanny packs.

If anything, they make you stick out like a sore thumb, and make it even more obvious that you're a tourist.

Agreed. But fanny packs make you stick out, money belts don't.