March of the Cockroach army at Thai noodle shop!

webfact

March of the Cockroach army at Thai noodle shop!

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A woman has posted her experience as she stopped off in heavy rain to enjoy a bowl of noodles.

But it was not an experience she cares to repeat - it was shared with hundreds of cockroaches and centipedes crawling out of the drains up the walls. There were rats too.

The woman posted pictures of her experience on Facebook saying that she was more worried that the cockroaches would fly into her soup.

She said she couldn't leave as the rain was so heavy but felt sorry for the owner of the shop who had a nice place that was being invaded by these creatures all over the walls.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-16

This is the same at virtually every establishment and Food Court in Bangkok. I once sheltered under the awning of a 7-11 in a storm and the wall around me was identical and the rats were scurrying over my feet to avoid drowning. Everywhere. Also I once was waiting in line to buy some northern sausage in Chiang Rai when a storm hit...out of the drain near the stall...a billion of the little bastard roaches ...the locals did not bat an eye.

They also tend to scurry out of the sewers whenever the city decides to "fog" them while doing mosquito control. That's when I first learned the little SOBs can fly !

Having one buzz your ear or nearly land on you is one thing. Having nearly a hundred (or more) doing it and knowing they just crawled out of the sewer ? 

No thanks !!

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

They also tend to scurry out of the sewers whenever the city decides to "fog" them while doing mosquito control. That's when I first learned the little SOBs can fly !

Having one buzz your ear or nearly land on you is one thing. Having nearly a hundred (or more) doing it and knowing they just crawled out of the sewer ? 

No thanks !!

In China the routinely fog the sewers but I think it is for roaches and rats. In bangkok 3 years and have never seen it done here once.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

In China the routinely fog the sewers but I think it is for roaches and rats. In bangkok 3 years and have never seen it done here once.

I've seen them do it in Pattaya a few times. I thought they were doing it all over the country but maybe not.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

This is the same at virtually every establishment and Food Court in Bangkok. I once sheltered under the awning of a 7-11 in a storm and the wall around me was identical and the rats were scurrying over my feet to avoid drowning. Everywhere. Also I once was waiting in line to buy some northern sausage in Chiang Rai when a storm hit...out of the drain near the stall...a billion of the little bastard roaches ...the locals did not bat an eye.

So 2 establishments ( one in chiang mai not bangkok? ) are sufficient evidence to conclude that virtually every Bangkok food establishment has an infestation of rats and/or cockroaches? 1 out of 2 in a city that must have over 10000 eating establishments.

No hyperbole here then!

Love to see that insinuation floated in court.

1 hour ago, Fulwell53 said:

So 2 establishments ( one in chiang mai not bangkok? ) are sufficient evidence to conclude that virtually every Bangkok food establishment has an infestation of rats and/or cockroaches? 1 out of 2 in a city that must have over 10000 eating establishments.

No hyperbole here then!

Love to see that insinuation floated in court.

Let me guess...a retired lawyer....Oh brother. If you live in Bangkok you know cockroaches are at epidemic levels whether you want to believe it not. All you need do is open your eyes.

After having these pest come out of the basin drains and drains in the house i put a fine mesh screen under the lids. Very few now. Only see the odd one that is quickly dispatched. Stopped the sewer rats as well.

She might have been mistaken as that could be the noodle shop's lunch advertisement." Hey waiter ,Would you cook a couple of the larger size ones up for me ,oh and a that small centipede on the side please."

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Let me guess...a retired lawyer....Oh brother. If you live in Bangkok you know cockroaches are at epidemic levels whether you want to believe it not. All you need do is open your eyes.

If cockroaches are at epidemic levels in Bangkok I want to keep my eyes closed.