Woman killed by wild elephants in Chachoengsao

webfact

Woman killed by wild elephants in Chachoengsao

By The Nation

CHACHOENGSAO: -- A woman was kicked and killed by wild elephants while she was tapping rubber trees in a plantation in Chachoengsao province on Tuesday, police said.

Rescuers managed to retrieve the body of Lamai Ngernprasert, 43, at 8pm after they sought help from troops to scare some 20 wild elephants away.

Police said the attack happened at 5pm inside the NY Rubber Company plantation in Moo 21 village in Tambon Tha Kradan of Chachoengsao’s Sanam Chaikhet district.

Lamai was a worker at the plantation.

Co-workers told police that they heard Lamai crying out for help and saw her surrounded by the elephants.

The authorities said the elephants came from the Khao Ang Rua Wildlife Sanctuary about five kilometres away.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315459

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-17

RIP

I wonder if complaining and drama upset the elephants?

If so, I can understand the elephant's frustration.

Perhaps displaced anger from other women who nagged them. :smile:

Just my opinion and thoughts...:sorry:

There were 4 people killed by wild elephant's in my village of clong hin, south of nang rung. But since the elephants are sacred human life doesn't matter. Nothing will be done. TIT

Edited by uffe123

13 hours ago, uffe123 said:

There were 4 people killed by wild elephant's in my village of clong hin, south of nang rung. But since the elephants are sacred human life doesn't matter. Nothing will be done. TIT

What do you think should be done?

I guess I never gave it much thought, but I had assumed that a wildlife sanctuary would have some sort of fence at its borders to keep the wildlife from meandering.  Folks living near a sanctuary always need to be vigilant to fend off wild elephants, tigers, and whatever animals might be in a sanctuary?