Tomato twine

djayz

Any suggestions where I can buy tomato twine in Korat or Bangkok? Or what's it called in Thai? 

I have the tomato clips, but can't find the thin tomato twine. 

I know it's too early to start growing toms, but I just want to get it before the next growing season starts. 

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by djayz

26 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

really any local farmers market  or agri supplies

Thanks. I've looked around, both at markets and online, but always came up empty handed. 

Do you have any idea what it's called in Thai? 

Thanks again! 

48 minutes ago, djayz said:

Thanks. I've looked around, both at markets and online, but always came up empty handed. 

Thanks again! 

I use the rope that's used to bundle the cassava trees after cutting, comes in long bundles strong but degrades after a while so its not polluting,  A little thick but easily divided into thinner strands.

Called: เชือกบาง มัดต้นมันหรือ เย็บกระสอบ

19 minutes ago, soidog2 said:

I use the rope that's used to bundle the cassava trees after cutting, comes in long bundles strong but degrades after a while so its not polluting,  A little thick but easily divided into thinner strands.

Called: เชือกบาง มัดต้นมันหรือ เย็บกระสอบ

Thanks for the tip! I've used the (brown) twine used for wrapping packets but it too is a little too thick and degrades/tears within a 1/2 a year.

Have you tried the O/L catalog(TH) that was posted here a while back?

I remember the had white poly bags.

I got a roll back in 2001/2??(if I remember right) From Crop King(US) along

with my first clips and cluster hooks.

It's the blue roll on the L., mine was orangeish red. I always keep it inside

and is still in great shape. It was about $9. cheaper than now, and about

$20. for FexX slow service. 

I don't know of a place in OZ

rice555

vine twine.png

13 hours ago, djayz said:

Thanks again! 

สวนเกลียว

11 hours ago, cooked said:

Blimey, I have been growing tomatoes for 40 years and never felt the need to use a special twine. Not that I can grow tomatoes here.

Used in almost of the western world in single truss tom, cuck's, peppers, melons and other
greenhouse vertical growing with clips and other plant/fruit support.
The OP was growing in poly bags/containers at one time, hence the need.
I don't have a car or moto, so I've beed growing in the driveway from day 1 in LOS. I find it
hard to put a bamboo stake through concrete, so I usually run a wire between 2 post and
hang vine twine down from it to the plants and clip and wrap the plant around around the
the twine/string what ever you want to call it. It's poly I believe, and has replaced jute/hemp
used in the past. It is also used in  staked "Florida Weave" field grown toms and double truss
"Spanish Weave" growing system in GH's.

I 'm very happy using vine twine and clips.
rice555 

585d6b839fb82_DSC_0082copy.thumb.JPG.c2564ed364465ef75c926c5a309d496e.JPG

post-37242-0-91520700-1456082037_thumb.png

IMG_20170115_171358750.thumb.jpg.f4d832e16032928623962c9ebe039aac.jpg

post-37242-0-82779300-1456082122_thumb.png

Support for supporting plants. Hoops / Spiral garden supports black plants for flowers - House.

Thai.gardenplantaccessories.com/sale-9226041-plant-support-hoops ...
Translate this page
Quality Support Spiral Plants Manufacturer & Exporter - Buy, Support, Support Plants Hoops / SpiralGarden Support Black Plants for Flowers from China Manufacturer

4 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

Support for supporting plants. Hoops / Spiral garden supports black plants for flowers - House.

Thai.gardenplantaccessories.com/sale-9226041-plant-support-hoops ...
Translate this page
Quality Support Spiral Plants Manufacturer & Exporter - Buy, Support, Support Plants Hoops / SpiralGarden Support Black Plants for Flowers from China Manufacturer

They may work well in a garden, but I think the OP is looking for is look for the string-twine

like on these tomato hangers(see pic). The white is what came on the hangers and the

orangish-red is from the spool from Crop King from my post, now they have blue.

You can use the vine twin with out a hanger, just rap over the top support a few raps and 

fasten with a "vine clip"(OP has clips) like the second pic of post #12, like wise from #12,

pic #1, the hangers in this post were used, but not seen.

rice555

tom hangers.png

17 hours ago, cooked said:

Blimey, I have been growing tomatoes for 40 years and never felt the need to use a special twine. Not that I can grow tomatoes here.

Good point. I've used other "normal" twine this and last year and it did the job too. Currently I have very limited growing space so I really need to keep the tom plants growing in a more organized, upward way. I just wanted to use the special tom twine so I could make a comparison (durability, etc.).

This year I let a few of my indeterminate / cordon toms grow wild/without support. Man that was a mess! 

Edited by djayz

21 hours ago, djayz said:

Good point. I've used other "normal" twine this and last year and it did the job too. Currently I have very limited growing space so I really need to keep the tom plants growing in a more organized, upward way. I just wanted to use the special tom twine so I could make a comparison (durability, etc.).

This year I let a few of my indeterminate / cordon toms grow wild/without support. Man that was a mess! 

When I lived in Muang Korat, I tried every shop that sold string-rope and had a sample

of what you see in the pic's I posted, they didn't have or could they order what I was looking

for, NO HAVE. Thats why I ordered from the US.

Another long shot is the place that a bunch of us on the farming forum split an order of

clips, there was a thread here somewheres and it had a www. for the place the clips from

BKK. Several people also ordered hangers/spools with vine twine. I posted a picture of one

in that thread, they might have big rolls??? Might be worth a look. I got the hanger assembly

at the Horta-Asia show!!

Another shot might be Dutch Greenery in CM, they are I think linked on the TakeMeHome

brand site of GH grown tom's/bells sold here in LOS(The Mall Korat).

rice555 

Edited by rice555
left out a word

4 hours ago, rice555 said:

When I lived in Muang Korat, I tried every shop that sold string-rope and had a sample

of what you see in the pic's I posted, they didn't have or could they order what I was looking

for, NO HAVE. Thats why I ordered from the US.

Another long shot is the place that a bunch of us on the farming forum split an order of

clips, there was a thread here somewheres and it had a www. for the place the clips from

BKK. Several people also ordered hangers/spools with vine twine. I posted a picture of one

in that thread, they might have big rolls??? Might be worth a look. I got the hanger assembly

at the Horta-Asia show!!

Another shot might be Dutch Greenery in CM, they are I think linked on the TakeMeHome

brand site of GH grown tom's/bells sold here in LOS(The Mall Korat).

rice555 

As usual, you're a much valued source of information in the gardening section. Much appreciate it. 

?

I plan on visiting the Dutch Greenery in CM before year's end.