Tumor-Free 'Uncle Fatty' Put On Strict Diet

Tumor-Free 'Uncle Fatty' Put On Strict Diet

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

118950-696x522.jpg

Uncle Fatty rests his oversized belly. Photo: Supakarn Keawchot

BANGKOK — A macaque who gained fame for a body that is half belly does not have cancer as vets suspected, but will be placed on a strict diet until he can be rehabilitated into the wild, wildlife officials said Friday.

Uncle Fatty, who weighs 26 kilograms, was brought in from the streets of Bangkok’s Bang Khun Tian district last month to be tested for communicable diseases and whether tumors were responsible for his enormous belly. Doctors found he had neither, and was just extremely obese from all the handouts.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/05/19/tumor-free-uncle-fatty-put-strict-diet-photos/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-5-19

I hate seeing native wildlife used for gaining money.

I hate seeing farang riding on elephants, patting doped up tigers and giving money to those with the beautiful slow loris.

They all belong in huge nature reserves to try and live a normal life.

Thai authorities can conduct tours at a distance for visitors to see.

There is some farang chap who has a wildlife show on Thai tv. He tracks down holders of illegal caged animals, notifies the police (or whoever) and then rehabilitates the animals back to his wildlife sanctuary. If anyone can enlighten me, I would like to pay my respects to this wildlife hero.