Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, kunfish said:

Yes, back to point, Trump is in no danger. Presidents have enough power anyway. He'll be around and probably re-elected. He has nothing to worry about.

I can't agree that he'll probably be reelected. I don't think was even what Moore was saying. He was saying the resistance needs to work a little harder to make sure he isn't.

Also it's questionable whether he'll make it through the first term for obvious reasons --

impeachable offenses likely being revealed

health (he's old, eats poorly, and does no exercise, golf in a cart doesn't count)

if he makes it, he will be strongly challenged by other republicans (real ones) in the primary

Based on history, the highest chances for his removal before the end of his first term will be HEALTH related. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, iReason said:

"He has nothing to worry about." :blink:

Not up on the news are ya?

:coffee1:

Well, I read the WaPo every day, along with NYT and Politico.com. It's hard to unseat a president and there are no direct smoking guns (a lot of smoke, though) that Trump was involved in any hanky-panky.

At the worst, Trump could be charge with "poor judgment" and no direct involvement to work with Russians for the election stuff. He wanted the hotels and good relations with Russians. Our American system, to protect the system and structure of government, simply gives far more power to the president than what we have been led to belief.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I can't agree that he'll probably be reelected. I don't think was even what Moore was saying. He was saying the resistance needs to work a little harder to make sure he isn't.

Also it's questionable whether he'll make it through the first term for obvious reasons --

impeachable offenses likely being revealed

health (he's old, eats poorly, and does no exercise, golf in a cart doesn't count)

if he makes it, he will be strongly challenged by other republicans (real ones) in the primary

Based on history, the highest chances for his removal before the end of his first term will be HEALTH related. 

Can't be removed because of health. Won't. That would be crazy.

3 minutes ago, kunfish said:

Can't be removed because of health. Won't. That would be crazy.

I meant he may die. Duh! 

Based on history, that's the most common way a sitting president leaves the scene. 

That happens to lots of men like him over 70 that eat poorly and don't exercise very often. 

If he's just very incapacitated and hospitalized, then yes, the vice president does take over at least until he recovers, or IF. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

A Trump (and all his cronies) in prison is of little or no value to U.S. interests (strategic, intelligence, Treasury, ......) This is why I think senators, senior party figures, Intelligence Agency chiefs will have Trump (and all his cronies) work for them against Russia. To do this they need to have sufficient leverage against Trump (and all his cronies) to put the fear of God into them. The Russians will be doing the same but in the other direction. If Trump et al are not assassinated by one side or the other, they may well crumple under the pressure. In 2018, Trump will announce he is not standing for re-election (if the Intelligence Agencies allow him to stand down). He is completely owned and totally compromised by multiple parties on several fronts.

Yeah, all wait and see. Things are so dynamic now. We don't now how things will unfold. Sure, he could step down and let someone else come up. It's going to be a roller coaster ride. Each day a new surprise, something we are addicted to.

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Clinton won by a strong majority. The majority NEVER preferred him and the minority that did is considerably smaller now. He'll never have high approval ratings because he plays only to his hard core base. BUT, because of the electoral college, yes, he potentially could be reelected. 

Good God, man.  Ten months later and you're still in denial about how Presidents in the USA have been elected for more than two centuries. It's time to grow up and accept the reality of the situation. It really is sad to see submissions like the one above, even if it's a wind-up.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I meant he may die. Duh! 

That happens to lots of men like him over 70 that eat poorly and don't exercise very often. 

If he's very incapacitated, then yes, the vice president does take over at least until he recovers, or IF. 

Okay, directly speaking, yes. Well, we don't know when we will wake up dead. He may last to 90. Not sure of his family history. His ego and hubris and business dealings and wife will prolong things. 

3 minutes ago, kunfish said:

For president? Thought there was some discussion of such. A black woman for president would be a natural. It's all about the popularity contest.

She's rated 7th highest in the current Washpo list.

Surprising name there was  Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.) at 3rd highest.

I hadn't even heard of him before.

Just now, Ramen087 said:

Good God, man.  Ten months later and you're still in denial about how Presidents in the USA have been elected for more than two centuries. It's time to grow up and accept the reality of the situation. It really is sad to see submissions like the one above, even if it's a wind-up.

Dude, I'm not in denial. Hillary Clinton won by a strong majority of the popular vote but lost via the electoral college, where trump won in a few surprising states by very slim numbers. That is the reality. It sounds like it's you that's in denial. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

She's rated 7th highest in the current Washpo list.

Surprising name there was  Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.) at 3rd highest.

I hadn't even heard of him before.

There would be the coolness factor to that with Harris. Too bad about Wiener and wife - Jewish guy and Saudi wife as kings of the world (New York City) if he hadn't stumbled. Love the progression. Symbolic and otherwise.

6 minutes ago, kunfish said:

Well, I read the WaPo every day, along with NYT and Politico.com.

It's hard to unseat a president and there are no direct smoking guns (a lot of smoke, though)

that Trump was involved in any hanky-panky.

At the worst, Trump could be charge with "poor judgment" and no direct involvement

to work with Russians for the election stuff.

He wanted the hotels and good relations with Russians.

Given those statements, it appears you have a reading cognizance deficit.

Stand by, the Federal wheels of justice are turning. :thumbsup:

Along with State investigations.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Dude, I'm not in denial. Hillary Clinton won by a strong majority of the popular vote but lost via the electoral college, where trump won in a few surprising states by very slim numbers. That is the reality. It sounds like it's you that's in denial. 

She still lost. She knows more than anyone how the game is played. Now she's blaming everyone but herself in her dumbly titled book (which Trump made fun of, LOL). She could have easily won if..if..but she lost. Popular vote is now how the USA votes people in. it's been a part of our system for 200 years.

7 minutes ago, kunfish said:

Okay, directly speaking, yes. Well, we don't know when we will wake up dead. He may last to 90. Not sure of his family history. His ego and hubris and business dealings and wife will prolong things. 

Good point about his parents. I looked that up. 

Fred trump, his rabidly racist KKK Daddy, lived to 94. That's strong longevity on that side.

His mother Mary died at 88. Also above average.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Given those statements, it appears you have a reading cognizance deficit.

Stand by, the Federal wheels of justice are turning. :thumbsup:

Along with State investigations.

There are plenty of articles that talk about the strength of presidency (power), pardoning, that there's little to pin on him directly. 

Presidents still have a great deal of power. 

I dont' support him or not, but I do support our Constitution system. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Good point about his parents. I looked that up. 

Fred trump, his rabidly racist KKK Daddy, lived to 94. That's strong longevity on that side.

His mother Mary died at 88. Also above average.

Nice for checking. That guy probably has some staying power. Plus with wealth and a hot wife..and he's a fighter and doesn't give up. That helps.

(To state: I have voted Dem in every election since I could vote since 1982).

5 minutes ago, kunfish said:

She still lost. She knows more than anyone how the game is played. Now she's blaming everyone but herself in her dumbly titled book (which Trump made fun of, LOL). She could have easily won if..if..but she lost. Popular vote is now how the USA votes people in. it's been a part of our system for 200 years.

What are you on about?

I never said she didn't lose.

I never said I don't know the system.

The point is and it's a fact, trump didn't get elected with a strong mandate, because he did lose the popular vote, and by quite a lot.

Historically, all presidents that are elected that way, losing the popular vote, enter office with some question as their legitimacy. Not legally. POLITICALLY.
George W. Bush had the same problem but was "saved" by 9-11 when he became a war president. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

:blink:

Then, how do you account for the current occupier of the White House?

Oops, my bad. My mistake, typo, thanks for pointing that out. Meant the Electoral College as to how people are voted in, popular vote aside. There's a reason for the EC.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What are you on about?

I never said she didn't lose.

I never said I don't know the system.

The point is and it's a fact, trump didn't get elected with a strong mandate, because he did lose the popular vote, and by quite a lot.

Historically, all presidents that are elected that way, losing the popular vote, enter office with some question as their legitimacy. Not legally. POLITICALLY.
George W. Bush had the same problem but was "saved" by 9-11 when he became a war president. 

We need to support our system, broken or not. It's not about legitimacy via popular vote. The EC was put into place to give state with less voters more power to even the field. The founders were absolutely brilliant in the system that was put into place, for US Govt. It's probably the greatest achievement in human history - the American political system.

The EC is how we vote for people. Montana and other states with less populations need greater power to even the field for votes. You can't let one state get too powerful. You need to level the field. The EC does this. It is our system. We need to support it.

Hillary and Co. failed miserably by running to all the splinter liberal groups and the power states. No reasonable to give Hillary a pass. The treated Bill C. as a has been. Her hubris - people close to her call her "her own worst enemy."

We need to not focus on popular vote. That is now how our system was set up. It is the legitimate system. 

Edited by kunfish

You're tripping, dude.

I'm just telling you the historical reality.

Whenever and ALWAYS in U.S. history when a president is elected and loses the popular vote, their LEGITIMACY is in question.

That's a fact that will apply to all presidents elected that way.

trump too.

In his case, he's got many other political problems as well. 

He's totally bizarre.

A NORMAL president elected so weakly would work very hard to try to UNIFY the country and telegraph that's he's the president for all.

Instead, the perverted clown potus has doubled down on only being the president of his weird base, largely based on how he won the election -- WHITE RESENTMENT. 

Edited by Jingthing

47 minutes ago, kunfish said:

There are plenty of articles that talk about the strength of presidency (power), pardoning,

that there's little to pin on him directly. 

Presidents still have a great deal of power. 

I dont' support him or not, but I do support our Constitution system. 

As I thought, you are simply uninformed.

There are no pardons for state crimes.

As in the current investigations of fraud and money-laundering in New York by Special Counsel Mueller. (with NY Attorney General Schneiderman)

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. has also begun preliminary investigations into Paul Manafort’s real estate activities.

New York Attorney General Schneiderman also has several open investigations connected to the White House.

Those include the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the Eric Trump Foundation and Trump’s personal lawyer, Jay Sekulow.

These prosecutors are looking into allegations that state laws governing the use of charitable contributions have been violated.

So, for you to state; "He has nothing to worry about"; that is factually ridiculous.

Edited by iReason

I meant he may die. Duh! 

Based on history, that's the most common way a sitting president leaves the scene. 

If he's just very incapacitated and hospitalized, then yes, the vice president does take over at least until he recovers, or IF. 

Trump is a demented old fool. All he needs is a pulse and his supporters will stay with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, Slip said:

1.  You are a Trump supporter.

2. The OP is about 6 months old.  No error.  Perhaps you should quote or at least cite as few people in threads like these go back and read the OP repeatedly to cater for johnny come lately types.

3. You implied it.  I don't believe that someone with your power of argument did that by accident.

4. Yes, he can.  Why did he do it?  Time will tell.  Perhaps you lose.

5. Again- time will tell.  There seems to be an awful lot of dirt flying about, and an awful lot of respected US agencies involved.

6.  I'm not sure of your point here.  Are you saying BLM and antifa are fascists?  These are not the groups to which I was referring, and they are not fascist groups.  I was referring to neo-nazis and the alt right movement who have flourished under Trump's approval to the extent that they are regularly spreading their messages of hate in the streets.

7.  He may 'fool' you, but that is only because you choose to be 'fooled'.

1) Laughable. It is leftists who are predominantly the ones engaging in a campaign to harass, assault and beat dissenters into silence. You should read up on terrorist groups like Black Lives Matter and Antifa.

2) The age of the OP is irrelevant. The moderator posted a poll and an accompanying post. Basic stuff. Reread yet again and hopefully you will spot your mistake.

3) No, I didn't imply anything. I clearly stated my own thoughts as well as the statement of the FBI director. The only implication I see with regards to this is that one of us either isn't very good at reading or is dishonest. As far as respected US government agencies- that's definitely in the eye of the beholder. But don't worry, I understand how much leftists worship government and thus cling to their precious federal government agencies.

4) You've conceded Trump can fire the FBI director (and hopefully even you understand that others fall under that umbrella) any time he wants. Your concession is noted. That's good enough for me.

5) An awful lot of respected agencies? Interesting. And um.... so what?

6) Finally you have a reasonable point. Kudos to you. Black Lives Matter and Antifa are better described as Neo-fascist. Even Nancy Pelosi is backing away from Antifa. And if you think normal Americans aren't watching which side of the political aisle these terrorists, thugs and fascists represent, guess again.

7) You seem to have lost track of the conversation. Let me *refresh* your memory. You alleged Donald Trump's public support for right wing kooks. Now can you back up your assertion or not? A simple yes or no will do.

30 minutes ago, metisdead said:

A post containing a link to a clickbait news outlet has been removed as it is a non credible site, the reply was removed as well.  When posting, please only link to credible news sites. 

Credible news sites? Interesting. That seems quite subjective and up for debate these days.  ;)

18 hours ago, iReason said:

"the plethora of violence and murder we've seen from terrorist organizations like Antifa and Black Lives Matter"

Accommodate away.

And feel free to show evidence of your hysterical, hyperbolic bloviating.

And starting with a chant from angry crowd? That's your opening statement?

Pretty weak and insubstantial compared to your claims.

:coffee1:

Since I'm lazy and have limited patience for people in denial, I'll simply refer to the State of California debating whether to classify Antifa as a street gang.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-antifa-gang-20170904-story.html

Now you may not be able to associate a chant calling for dead cops with the actual murder of five cops, but reasonable people can. And rest assured they do.