Superbowl

terrymor66

Hey, I wanted to see if anything out there is going on for the Superbowl ? Still got a month to go, but thought I would get a thread started on it. Is anyone planning a party ? Is there a bar to go to that traditionally throws a decent party ? Lets get something going :o

Hey, I wanted to see if anything out there is going on for the Superbowl ? Still got a month to go, but thought I would get a thread started on it. Is anyone planning a party ? Is there a bar to go to that traditionally throws a decent party ? Lets get something going :o

Which teams do you think will make it?

I'd like to see Indy make it, But I think San Diego and LT are playing too strong and will win it all.

NFC...I think Chicago's Defense will carry them thru.

Next year I will be watching my Raiders in the big game...........LOL NOT !

AFC chances to make the bowl:

1.Bolts

2.Ravens

3.Colts

4.Flying Elvises (Pats)

NFC:

Doesn't matter, AFC is going to win.

I'm a Pats fan, and though they've had a tough year w/injuries and their subpar receiving crew, if they play relatively mistake free, they can go all the way, but it looks tough for them.

I thought this thread was about where to watch who will be playing not a discussion on who might or might not play.

I do kno that True Blue/Outback have always shown the match! with breakfast and bar available before the show! starts. I have never known them to do a "party" however. But then at 6am on a cold morning who wants a party??

as a yank, somewhat displaced and out of touch...

first. it isn't a 'match' it is a game

second. it doesn't matter if it is at 6 am or not. there should be a super bowl party

third. who or what the 'H-ll' are/is the 'bolts'? (i've been away too, too long...)

third. who or what the 'H-ll' are/is the 'bolts'? (i've been away too, too long...)

The "bolts" would be the San Diego Chargers

And I agree............There should definately be a " Superbowl Party " 6AM or 2PM or whenever.......Doesn't make a difference, it's the SUPERBOWL !! :o

I am not a fan of anyone that makes it there because I am a Raider Fan. Gonna have to wait a few years for a good Superbowl ! :o

Anyways, I still enjoy a good game no the less and it sounds like the right kind of place to me so far ( TrueBlue).

ok. where is it? what kind of screen do they have? will they have guacamole and chips? margaritas? buffalo wings?

I am not a fan of anyone that makes it there because I am a Raider Fan. Gonna have to wait a few years for a good Superbowl ! :o

Anyways, I still enjoy a good game no the less and it sounds like the right kind of place to me so far ( TrueBlue).

ok. where is it? what kind of screen do they have? will they have guacamole and chips? margaritas? buffalo wings?

The bowl is actually on in the back, the Outback, behind TrueBlue. Same kitchen. Big Screen TV, gotta be 7 ft. diag or better, lots of seating,some regular TV's too. Moonmuang Road (the inside moat road on the east side), 50 yards or so south of the Thapae Gate. Not sure about the bar food, i.e. wings and guac and such, but I just pigged out on english/aussie/american breakfast and a cordon bleu for four hours, did me in for the rest of the day in a good way.

Just as an aside, the 'Hawks got robbed many times by the refs in that game, pretty gruesome for them.

Just as an aside, the 'Hawks got robbed many times by the refs in that game, pretty gruesome for them.

It's true. It sucked. The Hawks should have won. I delayed moving to Thailand til after the game and was ready to wear my Championship t-shirt onto the plane but the refs ruined my plan.

Oh well. It's only football. Maybe in another 20 years the Hawks will get back there. The Bills broke my heart 4 times over (that REALLY sucked) so Seattle still hasn't come close to that.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea and Man United :D

Superbowl :D and with all the padding it's definately a girls game.

Chelsea for the cup :D:o:D:bah: :bah:

Wow, how original.

Anyway, I'll be at the Outback probably. I've seen signs at the Rose Guest house that they'll be at 6 a.m. w/breakfast for it too. I wonder if 6 a.m is too early for pizza, even with a football game on?

Hi George, my container doesn't get in til Tuesday, so I bumped my LA flight from today til Thursday, a little Superbowl chill time.

Sounds good.

Tell me what you think of the breakfast at the Rose. I can't make it past the Art Cafe or The Laughing Leprechan most days. :o

Wow, how original.

Anyway, I'll be at the Outback probably. I've seen signs at the Rose Guest house that they'll be at 6 a.m. w/breakfast for it too. I wonder if 6 a.m is too early for pizza, even with a football game on?

`

Yes Outback are advertising the outback as usual opening at 0600 with full breakfast available. I don't think they do any Pizza but they do have good homemade food and large screen.

Wow, how original.

Its not original its the truth :o, The 6 nations is on now, plenty of action, padding free

Superbowl :o and with all the padding it's definately a girls game.

I have often wondered the outcome if a squad of (unpadded) NFL players and soccer players met on the field.

For an offensive linemen in the NFL, size is about 6'3 (1.905 m) in the high 290s-300 (136 kg) range. Some can weigh as much as 350 lbs (158.75 kg). A fullback would be about 6'2 240. This link shows that the average NFL player is 6'1.5" (1.867 m) and 245 lbs (111 kg). I could not find an average size for a professional soccer player but I doubt that it approaches the size of a NFL pro.

Here is an amusing Football vs. Soccer thread (from another forum) that I found while researching this post. "...the major reason their football is so huge in so many countries has a lot to do with the fact that Soccer is an extremely inexpensive sport to play and far less complicated to organize than the American version of football. While American football is a very high maintenance sport which requires very expensive equipment, soccer requires almost no equipment and all a potential player really needs is a ball. Because of this important, yet rarely mentioned fact, the sport spread all over the world. Over the years this has continued to contribute greatly to the sports colossal popularity, particularly among third world countries. This also explains why Basketball is played all over the world and is so popular in poor urban areas of the US. Congratulations, fellows! - your favorite sport is the past-time of choice among the deprived, the neglected, and the feeble of the world."

archery.jpg

Edited by Rice_King

I have often wondered the outcome if a squad of (unpadded) NFL players and soccer players met on the field.

For an offensive linemen in the NFL, size is about 6'3 (1.905 m) in the high 290s-300 (136 kg) range. Some can weigh as much as 350 lbs (158.75 kg). A fullback would be about 6'2 240. This link shows that the average NFL player is 6'1.5" (1.867 m) and 245 lbs (111 kg). I could not find an average size for a professional soccer player but I doubt that it approaches the size of a NFL pro.

Here is an amusing Football vs. Soccer thread (from another forum) that I found while researching this post. "...the major reason their football is so huge in so many countries has a lot to do with the fact that Soccer is an extremely inexpensive sport to play and far less complicated to organize than the American version of football. While American football is a very high maintenance sport which requires very expensive equipment, soccer requires almost no equipment and all a potential player really needs is a ball. Because of this important, yet rarely mentioned fact, the sport spread all over the world. Over the years this has continued to contribute greatly to the sports colossal popularity, particularly among third world countries. This also explains why Basketball is played all over the world and is so popular in poor urban areas of the US. Congratulations, fellows! - your favorite sport is the past-time of choice among the deprived, the neglected, and the feeble of the world."

archery.jpg

:D :D :D :D :bah: :bah: :o;):D

I'm watching it from the internet. The TVU player (http://www.tvunetworks.com/) has a CBS feed from the states. So you get the pregame show, the game, the post game show and all the commercials in between.

The only catch is you need a good internet connection to watch it.

If your computer has a video out, you can plug it up on your regular tv. It's not HD but it does look pretty good.

It 12:39 a.m. here in Chiang Mai and the pregame shows are already on in the states.

Edited by richard10365

archery.jpg

Its not about NFL players versus soccer players, who ever wins the superbowl tomorrow I would like them to play

the New Zealand "All Blacks" American Football is not soccer in the same way Cricket is not baseball

Get your pads off practise for a month for a game and bring it on

The jokes about pads are about American Padded Football Games versus non padded Rugby games

But that said I know most Europeans dream of competing with America in different ways like winning the World Series of Baseball which is comprised of american states versus other american states, and doesnt include any competition from other countries

One mans world series is anothers local sport

Get your pads off :D play rugby

Edited by Remo

archery.jpg

Its not about NFL players versus soccer players, who ever wins the superbowl tomorrow I would like them to play

the New Zealand "All Blacks" American Football is not soccer in the same way Cricket is not baseball

Get your pads off practise for a month for a game and bring it on

The jokes about pads are about American Padded Football Games versus non padded Rugby games

But that said I know most Europeans dream of competing with America in different ways like winning the World Series of Baseball which is comprised of american states versus other american states, and doesnt include any competition from other countries

One mans world series is anothers local sport

Get your pads off :D play rugby

THE BEARS RULE... Almost slept through the alarm this morning... sure glad I didnt... an amazing game so far... The bears are up by two touchdowns!!!

archery.jpg

We know that but perhaps it’s a bit too subtle for the septics :D

archery.jpg

We know that but perhaps it’s a bit too subtle for the septics :D

No contest really. American footballers wouldn't require pads to play rugby as they're much faster on average and would likely never be touched. Differnt games really. Pads are required for American football as the players are so much bigger and faster ( and often airborne) with resultant injuries being far more severe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3qdArMoEGgE

IMO, it's too violent a game for me to enjoy it. I much preferred watching college games.