Superbowl

terrymor66

Sorry George, can't tell you about breakfast at the Rose. The old man was sorting throught reservations (of course I had none) and seatings for so long and it was early, cold, and I was hungry (O.K., I'll stop whining) so I went to the Outback just in time for kickoff and the opening return for a touchdown.

Interesting and fluky game, given the rain and outdoor weather and heavy fireworks, prince wearing a washerwoman's head scarf with his tourquoise suit and a (for him) eclectic medley.

Good game until late, close enough. Would have been even better if Chicago had brought a real NFL quarterback to the game.

Sorry George, can't tell you about breakfast at the Rose. The old man was sorting throught reservations (of course I had none) and seatings for so long and it was early, cold, and I was hungry (O.K., I'll stop whining) so I went to the Outback just in time for kickoff and the opening return for a touchdown.

Interesting and fluky game, given the rain and outdoor weather and heavy fireworks, prince wearing a washerwoman's head scarf with his tourquoise suit and a (for him) eclectic medley.

Good game until late, close enough. Would have been even better if Chicago had brought a real NFL quarterback to the game.

Forget all that, I'm a fatman.

How about the food at the Outback? :o

Forget all that, I'm a fatman.

How about the food at the Outback? :o

Outback is the same kitchen at TrueBlue, good standard bkfst, eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, fries, toast, coffee, coke (yeah, I'm sill a bit of a Yank teenager diet-wise) for 140 THB.

I actually eat once or twice a week at TrueBlue, they do a good CordonBleu. Definitely good food good price, just not to the point of mentioning in one of the "best of" posts, I guess.

Very good for the game, though, packed, good energy, streaky game.

The padding debate is just silly. We played in the backyards when I was a kid with no equipment whatsoever except a ball. I can't remember how we kicked field goals. Maybe we never did. We never punted on 4th down either. It's a wonder nobody got injured or killed. I love NFL football! If everybody's padded and plated, I think it all equals out. Boom! Jacked Up! And, don't you ever forget, thinking. It's a very mental sport, especially if the steroids are killing your brain cells.

If you scrounge around http://www.chinarice.org/archive.html you will see that I picked the Colts in June or July, and that I'd never picked them before. Whoa! True, I picked them to whip my hometown Panthers in the Super Bowl, but who could've predicted we'd suddenly turn into a bunch of Weinkes? Not me, obviously. The Bears impressed me this year. Give Lovie some lovey, a'ight? You take a team led by Rexy against Manning and Friends and see how you do.

Furthermore, if you scrounge around http://www.chinarice.org/archive.html this proves that you have far too much free time on your hands. Go to Gecko and buy some books, fool!

I have been a Prince fan for 25 years. I don't care that he looked like he was gonna make pancakes for the guys with that Aunt Jemina head thang. He rocked da house. Purple Drank, Purple Drank. Oops. My bad.

The game was a classic, and I'm not just saying that because I spent 13 years in Tampa, long before Dungy rode into town. As everybody's been saying since about August, a ###### shame the Bears don't have a real quarterback. Um, where's my helmet? Oh. It's with Thurman Thomas' helmet. Dang. But honestly, is there a single member of Thai Visa Forum who couldn't play better than Grossman? Granted, we don't have that beautiful deep ball with the touch on it, but so what? He still sucks. I read where he should've been nominated MVP because he did more than anybody else to help the Colts win.

I watched it at home. So did my cat. She loves the NFL. I told y'all about the live blog on http://www.profootballtalk.com but my Internet connection was down for most of the first half. That weren't no fun. But Florio did throw a prop out to viewers in Thailand, and that really means viewer in the singular. Me. I'm famous! Wahoo!

Same time next year, guys. Panthers stompin Patriots and you read it here first. Forget it quickly, though, because it is soooooooo wrong.

Michael

American Football... huh? whats that all about ?

pampered, padded, helmeted nancy boys.. I'd like to see the winners of the superbowl (notice i don't name 'em, cos i'm neither into nor follow little girls games) take on ANY Rugby team - a real man's game...

me thinks they would quake in their sneakers..

:o

Why is it that every fan of the NFL, a.k.a. Gridiron, a.k.a. American Football, speaks of rugby players with respect, but every rugby fan insists on bragging about how their carrots are bigger than ours?

Have another beer, Bruce. Geeberhead...

Michael

P.S. Remind me to tell you about the time rugby star Dr Z, in his AMERICAN football column, asked Al Davis about possibly perhaps recruiting Sumo wrestlers...

pampered, padded, helmeted nancy boys.. I'd like to see the winners of the superbowl (notice i don't name 'em, cos i'm neither into nor follow little girls games) take on ANY Rugby team - a real man's game...

Ruggers: smaller, slower, weaker, but possibly more fun.

http://wesclark.com/rrr/pads_and_helmets.html

:D

there is a big difference with rugby and american football or gridiron or whatever the septics call it , and that is with american football you dont know what angle your going to get hit from. so therefore they relly do need those pads. im not sure about the overly thick mascara though , think thats just posing and trying to look hard . shit game anyway imho , it dosent flow enough and they have to many advert breaks. :o:D:D

349838.jpg

Here is a picture of Aaron Gibson, 6 foot, 6 inches (1.98 m) and tipping the scales at 410 pounds (186 kg) quaking in his sneakers.

349838.jpg

Here is a picture of Aaron Gibson, 6 foot, 6 inches (1.98 m) and tipping the scales at 410 pounds (186 kg) quaking in his sneakers.

lol rice king :D:D:D

Guys, the football, gridiron, soccer, cricket, baseball, Yank/UK razzing stuff is so old. Not worth dealing with on anybody's part. Let's get back to that bizarro SB! What a freaky 1st quarter, with the Colts TRYING to keep the Bears in it, but the Bears refusing to field a QB! How can you win the game without a QB? I want the Pats to get Thomas Jones, free agent, and let Corey Dillon retire, have a 1-2 combo with Mulroney. T. Jones was on fire, the only real cog that worked for the Bears. Keep A. Samuel, a few linebackers and at least one A receiver and it's the Pats all the way again!

The bloggers I spent the Super Bowl with were all screaming for Brian Griese. Um, an improvement, but I saw him play in Tampa. That was after he got drunk and tripped over his dog in the driveway, and that's about as Thai Expat as it gets.

Prince for MVP!

I was wondering what must have happened to Griese in order that L. Smith thinks Grossman's better. The Griese from his Bronco's days with a case of Tall Boys in him would have looked better than Bad Rex. Bad Bad Rex!

BTW, Prince was hysterical with the Aunt Jemima 'do rag! Played some Dylan/Hendrix, Foo Fighters, too, not bad choices. I loved the outdoor game, man with the rain, too! I thought it added character to the usually plastic SB aura, and allowed for some heavy duty fireworks, also. Must have been a great game to attend.

Edited by calibanjr.

Foo Fighters. Thank you. I knew Prince was playing something that wasn't his, but I'd never heard it before. And I've never heard Foo Fighters, so there you go. Yes, I am that old.

Pancakes, anyone? :o

Foo Fighters is fronted by the drummer of Nirvana, Dave Grohl. Had to do something after Kurt C. checked himself out. Prince's medley covered a diverse demographic slice in terms of age, he's always been a marketing type.

Edited by calibanjr.

Foo Fighters. Thank you. I knew Prince was playing something that wasn't his, but I'd never heard it before. And I've never heard Foo Fighters, so there you go. Yes, I am that old.

Foo Fighters is fronted by the drummer of Nirvana, Dave Grohl. Had to do something after Kurt C. checked himself out. Prince's medley covered a diverse demographic slice in terms of age, he's always been a marketing type.

Foo Fighters made a hilarious video, for their song "Learn to Fly - It's Never Too Late" , or something like that, well worth seeing.

Does this have something to do with Thailand ? Was it a TG plane ?? :D

I think ruby players don't wear pads is so they can feel all the bulges under their uniforms so much easier.

i watched the repeat at 7pm. a much more sociable hour, but of course i already knew who won so watching that poor excuse for a qb for the bears, (he won't be back next year will he?), was agony. hike - fumble. hike - fumble. hike - trip over his own sneakers. sure. jittery, but how did he get there?

this was the first game i've seen in 3 or 4 years. it used to be better. soccer is better. this from a yank. been away too long i guess.

the half time show, before prince -- was that gay or what?! when prince came on i walked down to jen yen.

the outback was good. jen yen was good.

yawn. i can hardly contain my excitement until next year...

didn't get to see the commercials

Foo Fighters made a hilarious video, for their song "Learn to Fly - It's Never Too Late" , or something like that, well worth seeing.

Does this have something to do with Thailand ? Was it a TG plane ?? :D

It is indeed related. You see, this Foo Fighters video, like a few others (notably Nevermore) was directed by furiously talented director Michel Gondry, who in turn also directed many of Beck Hansen's, as well as most of Björk's videos (Human Behaviour, Hyperballad, Army of Me etc.). And as we all (?) know, Björk made the news here in Thailand a few years back when she hit a Thai journalist with a fat Icelandic uppercut at Don Muang airport... those Icelanders, while generally quite cool, can erupt just like their volcanoes...

...so there is a definite Thai connection there. Not to mention the Thai band Silly Fools, pronounced Si-lee Foo' in Thai, which of course is slightly reminiscent of the first syllable in Foo Fighters.

And as we all (?) know, Björk made the news here in Thailand a few years back when she hit a Thai journalist with a fat Icelandic uppercut at Don Muang airport... those Icelanders, while generally quite cool, can erupt just like their volcanoes...

Never liked her music.

For that type of thing, Dead Can Dance is much better! :o