What's the name of the document for taking Child out of Thailand?

What is the name of the official document you get to take your Thai born half-Thai child out of the country without their mother?

In Thai would be great.

How does one usually get it, is it just a case of the Thai parent going to the local amphur with her ID card, and child's Thai passport,?

Thanks.

Also, how long is it is valid for? For example, 90 days. 30 days. 1 year.

How long does it take to get, or is it printed off and given immediately?

What is the cost?

Does the Thai parent need to give the date or ticket details? 

Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

How does one usually get it, is it just a case of the Thai parent going to the local amphur with her ID card, and child's Thai passport,?

This or similar questions are discussed regularly.

For a start you could have a look at this fairly recent thread:

Basically it is both parents going to the amphoe (district office) and signing a letter of consent witnessed by a senior officer.

Some posters came through without or just child mother present at airport or on the phone.

Risky attempt.

From 2016:

41 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

signing a letter of consent witnessed by a senior officer.

Does this letter have an official document name? For example, Por Ror 17, or Tor Bor 6.

Should the Amphur have a template for it, or does the Thai parent write the letter and the amphur officer just signs it?

My Thai/US son was 5 when mom dropped us off at Swampy and drove off. Her phone battery was also dead!

Went to immigration with both his passports. We were pulled aside and questioned. Where's Mom etc.? I thought 5 was old enough to leave. Silly me. After explaining mom gone and no phone, they brought over the head guy with all the ribbons and bows on his uniform. I went through it all again. 

He spoke Thai to my son who responded in kind.

"OK, you can go" was officer's response.

I asked. "What did my son say"?

He said mom said he could go with dad"

I travelled in April 2017 with my 3 year old Son. 

I also looked for such a form online - I found a few documents, which after filling out would have needed to be notarized by the local Amphur (which in my case meant they would have also needed translating into Thai). I didn't have the form notarized or translated, but it was signed by my Wife. I also had a signed Copy of my Wife's passport with her comments "For International Travel from [dates] with [sons name], a Signed photo copy of my Sons Birth certificate. 

My Wife dropped my Son and I off at the Airport. I asked her to stay nearby, just in case I encountered issues passing immigration with my Son (on his Thai Passport). We were through immigration very quickly without a hint of a question. 

I'm also of the understanding that the local Amphur should have these forms ready for you to fill out. Both the mother of your child and yourself would need to be present. 

It is my understanding from these threads that its quite hit and miss regarding whether or not you'll face questions. 

In most cases a phone call to the mother is acceptable. In every case it would be sensible to have the official Consent Letter (I'm not sure what this is called in Thai).

I did fry back to my country with my two Thai children ( 11 & 12 years old ) as my wife need to take care of her mother and can't  follow us for the holiday. None of the immigration officers question about anything, just stamped our passport and fry.

55 minutes ago, Anthony Loh said:

I did fry back to my country with my two Thai children ( 11 & 12 years old ) as my wife need to take care of her mother and can't  follow us for the holiday. None of the immigration officers question about anything, just stamped our passport and fry.

Were the children on Thai passports?

• 2 weeks later...