Passport number no more the same than the one registered for my wedding

Hi,

I am planning to go to Savannaket next week to do a new Non O M base on mariage with thai national.

My mariage was registered with a different passport number that the one I own now. (I was not allowed to keep the old one by the french government).

Will it be a problem ?

And if yes, how to solve the problem please .

Thanks to all the help Thaivisa did provide already by the way.

Not having the same passport number as the one on the marriage certificate is not a problem.

I am on the 2nd new passport since we registered our marriage and have never had a problem.

• Like 1

Thanks Amusements and Ubonjoe for your answer.

Will go there on 13/05.

If I may ask another question, opening hours for visa on arrival at the Laos side ?

I read it close at 6 pm ( grrrrr ! And so did cancelled my hotel in Savanakhet as I was arriving at 6:30 in Mukdahan !!), but do you know what is the A.m opening time.

It is a kind of schedule to organize when arriving from south thailand !

Thanks again to both for your answers.

8 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

No problem.
All passports are linked nowadays.
People that think getting a new passport is going to solve their problems should try US immigration.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks PoorSucker for your answer,

Did not have any problem about Passports stuff......Just know that buraucratie sometine are not as like as it may be in the country that I live for 27 years, and where I married few years ago. 

So got a lots of passports that got full. No hiding, never got immigration problem, stay by the rules of the country that welcome me, it was why my question was for.

Thanks for your answer. But do not understand it.

7 hours ago, Ti Baan said:

Thanks Amusements and Ubonjoe for your answer.

Will go there on 13/05.

If I may ask another question, opening hours for visa on arrival at the Laos side ?

I read it close at 6 pm ( grrrrr ! And so did cancelled my hotel in Savanakhet as I was arriving at 6:30 in Mukdahan !!), but do you know what is the A.m opening time.

I assume you meant 13/06 not 13/05.

The official closing time of the Lao visa on arrival office is 6 pm but if they are busy they will stay open a little later. Best to plan on not trying the crossing after 6 pm as you have done. They open at a 8 am.

If you take the first bus at 7:30 am to Savannakhet from the bus station in Mukdahan you will have plenty of time to get to the consulate to do your application.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 5:53 PM, Ti Baan said:

I was not allowed to keep the old one by the french government).

curious as to how you got the visa/extension stamp transferred to the new one; i had to present old and new for that;

2 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

curious as to how you got the visa/extension stamp transferred to the new one; i had to present old and new for that;

Perhaps he was not here when he got the new passport.

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

All passports are linked nowadays.

hmm; hope you are right; i notice my thai driver license has a number on the face that is my old passport number; passport number is likely the only real number they can identify me with; new passport has new number; i wonder if any possible problem at DL renewal time; i suppose i should take old and new passport...

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

hmm; hope you are right; i notice my thai driver license has a number on the face that is my old passport number; passport number is likely the only real number they can identify me with; new passport has new number; i wonder if any possible problem at DL renewal time; i suppose i should take old and new passport...

He was referring to immigration linking them. They are not linked for other things here.

Yes you right, I will be going on 13/06,

Ok, I got a non O M with my previous passport ( The one I used to registered my marriage 2 years ago). My non O did finish in January and was in france for holiday at that time and my passport was full, so needed to make a new one. ( And again I couldn't keep my previous passport , just got a full copy of it).

I came back to Thailand just for a month and so enter on visa exemption (30 days) and then needed to go back to france for 2 months, so did not went to do a new Non O M yet ( for monetary reason I was not interest to do  an extension a my local immigration )(and the Non O multi fit better to me as I am within 30 km of two main quiet malay border, and go in and out quiet often to visit friends)

So that is why I am going to Savannakhet to apply for a new one and was asking about the importance of the passport number that was use at the time of my marriage at my Amphur.

Nothing about anything else.

Thanks all for taking time to give me all this usefull information

Edited by Ti Baan

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

I have same situation. Just been to a hotel in Pattaya where they only took a copy of my DL, I had forgotten my passport. It has a different number.