Thai national parks begin seasonal closures

webfact

Thai national parks begin seasonal closures

By Kaewta Ketbungkan, Staff Reporter

Tweet on Twitter

00-4-696x462.jpg  

Erawan National park located in Kanchanaburi Province, Thailand. Photo: Thrillseekr / Flickr.

BANGKOK — It’s the time of the year when nature calls for Thailand’s national parks to temporarily close, so best check ahead before paying a visit.

Due to whimsical weather that may create unsafe conditions and to allow for some ecological recovery time, several national parks close every year for certain periods between March and December.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/05/30/thai-national-parks-begin-seasonal-closures/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-30

I live not to far from this mentioned national park. Calling ahead to check double pricing is more an interest to me than whether its closed or not. I took my wifes family there and they refused to go in. Atleast some thais understand the double standards and idiodic excuses for it.

In my mind its closed all year round! (And all others)

3 hours ago, bsdthai said:

I live not to far from this mentioned national park. Calling ahead to check double pricing is more an interest to me than whether its closed or not. I took my wifes family there and they refused to go in. Atleast some thais understand the double standards and idiodic excuses for it.

In my mind its closed all year round! (And all others)

We camp a lot and only some have double pricing and those we avoid.

Well it is rainy season and sort of considered low season, so  I imagine the parks should be closed so they can be cleaned and repaired from the

last high tourist season and all the stress caused on the park from the enormous amount of people who go to Thailand each year during the

high season months..  So  just how does one clean up a large arelike a national park?

Geezer