Non O Guardian visa in KL

Looking to pick up a non O thai guardian visa in Kuala Lumpur next week as I need to get a work medical done there. Hoping to get any information on any recent experiences doing this?

I have all required documentation and 400k in the bank.

Passport is good for 8 months but only about 4 pages left.

Critically for me is how long it takes to process so I can plan travel.

Would like to get a multiple entry.

Penang is an option if easier as I will be travelling overland to Songkhla afterwards to attend a training course but prefer to do it all in KL.

Thanks guys and gals.

• Like 1

It seems you may be asking about a non-o visa based upon being the parent of Thai (there is no guardian visa).

If have seen no reports of KL doing one. It would only be a single entry visa since they do not issue multiple entry visa.

Penang is the only location that will do a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai. To issue a multiple entry visa they may want to see at least one year of validity (some places want 18 months) on your passport.

At both location it is next afternoon service after applying for the visa.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems you may be asking about a non-o visa based upon being the parent of Thai (there is no guardian visa).

If have seen no reports of KL doing one. It would only be a single entry visa since they do not issue multiple entry visa.

Penang is the only location that will do a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai. To issue a multiple entry visa they may want to see at least one year of validity (some places want 18 months) on your passport.

How much is the fare from Bangkok to Penang and  what  is required  for that visa

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

How much is the fare from Bangkok to Penang and  what  is required  for that visa

Is it possible to drive my car  w Thai license plates  from Bangkok to  Penang, have plenty of time?Has the car to have  a special insurance? anybody has  done that  trip yet?

Have Thai drivers license

12 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

what are the requirements  for  such a visa  non O( being the parent of  a Thai  Kid in school)has the mother  to be present when applying or has  she  to sign  anything??

I really think you may getting your extension application sorted out.

The parent nor the child need to be present when you apply for the visa. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of the their house book registry.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks UbonJoe. I guess you meant you have seen no reports of KL NOT doing one? a single entry will have to do for now, I just need another 90 days before heading out to work and getting a new passport. KL is more convenient than Penang.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I really think you may getting your extension application sorted out.

The parent nor the child need to be present when you apply for the visa. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of the their house book registry.

I have  only a photocopy of their  birth certificate and the house  registry Tabian baan is in Chiang Rai, would that suffice for a visit visa, I really need only right now  60 or  90 days leeway to sort things out

1 minute ago, kraxlhuber said:

I have  only a photocopy of their  birth certificate and the house  registry Tabian baan is in Chiang Rai, would that suffice for a visit visa, I really need only right now  60 or  90 days leeway to sort things out

They may not ask for the original birth certificate when you apply for a single entry non-o visa. No problem with a Chiang Rai tambien ban it is only needed for proof they are registered in a house book.

You can get the same single entry non-o visa in Vientiane and Savannakhet.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They may not ask for the original birth certificate when you apply for a single entry non-o visa. No problem with a Chiang Rai tambien ban it is only needed for proof they are registered in a house book.

You can get the same single entry non-o visa in Vientiane and Savannakhet.

is it possible to get a single  entry non O in Arian Poi Pet? can drive there approx.  250 km

15 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

is it possible to get a single  entry non O in Arian Poi Pet? can drive there approx.  250 km

Border posts don't issue visas.

Have you got your 60-day extension as being parent of a Thai yet?

14 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

There is no Thai embassy or consulate in Poi Pet. The embassy is in Phnom Penh.

Wait until you current 90 day entry is closer to ending that now. You should be able to get the 60 day extension I mentioned in another topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kraxlhuber said:

Is it possible to drive my car  w Thai license plates  from Bangkok to  Penang, have plenty of time?Has the car to have  a special insurance? anybody has  done that  trip yet?

Have Thai drivers license

You have to get a special insurance for Malaysia and get your plates translated to Roman characters.

Both can be done easy at the border.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Border posts don't issue visas.

Have you got your 60-day extension as being parent of a Thai yet?

still working on it, landlord of  daughters  rented  apartment is   broad  cannot be  contacted,  admin. office  here  cannot do anything for me, yes I really  need now  only an 60 days  extension  closer to the expiring date (  and my new passport frirst)

Edited by kraxlhuber
spelling errors

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

thanks

If you are going be aware of window tint rules in Malaysia.

Rules specify minimum permissible visible light transmission (VLT) levels of 70% for the front windscreen, 50% for the front side windows and 30% for all other windows (rear side windows and rear screen).

The penalties is up to RM4,000 or 12 months jail time (or both).

Just now, PoorSucker said:

Rules specify minimum permissible visible light transmission (VLT) levels of 70% for the front windscreen, 50% for the front side windows and 30% for all other windows (rear side windows and rear screen).

forget it my friends told me now

4 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

better I do fly

• Like 1