Are there visa agents in KL like there are in Penang?

Hi all.

For the last 20 years I've been bussing to Penang (from Samui) for my visas. I know the ins-and-outs of this like the back of my hand.

Now I'm thinking of flying. Don't wanna mess about, so the way it works out for me is that I go to KL.

In Penang I use an agent - He's got all the forms and basically all I have to do is sign them and he does the rest . . . takes them to the consulate, hands them to his contact at the back door, then picks up the passports with new visas 48 hours later.

Can anyone tell me what the situation is in KL?
Are there agents doing the same thing?
What street are they all concentrated around or in?

I'm after a new Non-Im B multi and I'll have 5 months and 2 weeks left on my work permit when I go.

What's the current state of play with the KL embassy? (Are they asking for at least 6 months left on the WP, for instance?)

Any advice or tips about all this? Anyone done it in the last few months?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by robsamui

22 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I'm after a new Non-Im B multi and I'll have 5 months and 2 weeks left on my work permit when I go.

What's the current state of play with the KL embassy? (Are they asking for at least 6 months left on the WP, for instance?)

They will not issue a multiple entry non-b visa in KL. Your only choice is Penang.

11 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

ROBSAMUI. What about Non O multiple? Your agent can do it or do we need to show the financials?

Where?

If married to a Thai or have a Thai child you will need 400k baht in the bank and/or proof of at least 40k baht income in Penang.

You can use an agent in Penang but it will be the same financial requirements.

10 hours ago, crazyk said:

They stopped having agents doing 12 month visas in penang about 2 years ago & you have to go to the cosulate yourself.if you know an agent let me know

That stopped requiring that a long time ago. You can use an agent to get any visa.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 7:53 PM, ubonjoe said:

They will not issue a multiple entry non-b visa in KL. Your only choice is Penang.

Thanks for this info . . .  end of my enquiry!

23 hours ago, crazyk said:

They stopped having agents doing 12 month visas in penang about 2 years ago & you have to go to the cosulate yourself.if you know an agent let me know

Not so. My last visa was the usual 1-year Non-im B, handled by my usual agent. The only variation on a theme was that I was taken in a mini bus to the consulate, along with 6 other, to apply in person. The completed passports/visas were collected by the agent the following day and handed out back in his office.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:12 PM, Somtamnication said:

ROBSAMUI. What about Non O multiple? Your agent can do it or do we need to show the financials?

Can't be employed on a Non O!

Thanks for the input everyone.

Bottom line seems to be that KL doesn't issue Non-im B multis.

So that's the flight to KL out of the window.

Bus to Penang as usual!

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

The requirement for a WP is a Non Imm' visa. 

I was continually employed for years using a multi 0.

Yes you have to leave every 90 days and return or you can can convert to an extension and continue working.

The biggest benefit is when you use the multi O at the end of the job you keep the visa or extension as it's based on being married/parent and unlike the B it isn't cancelled. With the extension based on the B it it's cancelled at the end of the job and you have to pay 1900 to stay another 7 days and sort out a new visa.

• Like 1

Yes, you can on non-O based on marriage to Thai national or being parent of a Thai child.

No, if it's based on retirement.

Volunteer workers are also issued WP on non-O.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Yes, you can on non-O based on marriage to Thai national or being parent of a Thai child.

No, if it's based on retirement.

Volunteer workers are also issued WP on non-O.

OOPS! 

Sorry!

I'll keep this in mind.

R

16 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

Malaysia flies direct USM-Penang in 1.5 hours.

Really? Before, maybe.
Just checked - all the current flights go via BKK and then onto KL - 6,000B one way and takes about 12 hours.
Please tell me  I'm missing something?

On 6/1/2017 at 2:48 PM, overherebc said:

The requirement for a WP is a Non Imm' visa. 

I was continually employed for years using a multi 0.

Yes you have to leave every 90 days and return or you can can convert to an extension and continue working.

The biggest benefit is when you use the multi O at the end of the job you keep the visa or extension as it's based on being married/parent and unlike the B it isn't cancelled. With the extension based on the B it it's cancelled at the end of the job and you have to pay 1900 to stay another 7 days and sort out a new visa.

Didn't know this!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Really? Before, maybe.
Just checked - all the current flights go via BKK and then onto KL - 6,000B one way and takes about 12 hours.
Please tell me  I'm missing something?

I check earlier for flights from Samui to Penang earlier out of curiosity after seeing the post . Got sticker shock from it.

Check here. https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/th/en/deals/deals-of-the-day.html

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I check earlier for flights from Samui to Penang earlier out of curiosity after seeing the post . Got sticker shock from it.

Check here. https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/th/en/deals/deals-of-the-day.html

Says: "Sorry there are no deals at the moment"!

Flight to Penang from all over the world but not from Samui.

Cannot find any direct flights to Penang from Surat, either - they all go to BKK first.

Edited by robsamui

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

Says: "Sorry there are no deals at the moment"!

Flight to Penang from all over the world but not from Samui.

Cannot find any direct flights to Penang from Surat, either - they all go to BKK first.

AirasiaEconomy

78 78.04£

Continue

Wed 07/0613:00 Surat Thani120:40 Penang Int.06h403

Price per person, taxes included: £68+£10 tax

DateAirlineNumberDepartureDestination

1Wed 07/06/17AirasiaAK 839 Economy13:00 Surat Thani (URT)15:35 Kuala Lumpur International (KUL) Terminal: 2

Time between flights: 04h05

2Wed 07/06/17AirasiaAK 6128 Economy19:40 Kuala Lumpur International (KUL) Terminal: 2

That o/w, a return is 146 quid plus tax with 8h and 5h trip times.

http://www.lastminute.com/flights/?_ga=2.44849188.1814918455.1496418614-48210304.1479105408

14 hours ago, robsamui said:

Didn't know this!

Thanks!

Most companies don't know it either. People generally ask Imm' about WP's and are told (99%) of the time 'must have B'.

The WP has nothing to do with Imm' and is issued by the Labour Dept'. People have to strongly but nicely and politely stand by their guns with the company to use the Non O for the WP. The Labour office might even be the same depending on location and may require some gentle pushing to check the rules.

??

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 4:07 PM, notmyself said:

That o/w, a return is 146 quid plus tax with 8h and 5h trip times.

http://www.lastminute.com/flights/?_ga=2.44849188.1814918455.1496418614-48210304.1479105408

Thanks for this - this particular online flight-site seems very good. (The only problem being that when you click on a low price, it suddenly updates itself to twice the price.)

SIGH. I'm just gonna have to abandon this line of enquiry. Last year I could fly from Samui to Penang direct. But now not only do I have to go to Surat, but then stop over at KL or BKK en route.

That makes it a 5 hour journey to get to Surat (including 1 hour before departure), then another minimum of 5 hours to get to Penang. That's at least  10 hours And the only reason for me to fly is to cut down on the travelling time.

Seeing that I can go by bus for 900 baht and it takes the same time, to hell with it! If I could fly direct, I would. But as it takes just as long, it looks like a couple of long bus rides instead.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by robsamui

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

Thanks for this - this particular online flight-site seems very good. (The only problem being that when you click on a low price, it suddenly updates itself to twice the price.)

SIGH. I'm just gonna have to abandon this line of enquiry. Last year I could fly from Samui to Penang direct. But now not only do I have to go to Surat, but then stop over at KL or BKK en route.

Was a regular user of Firefly myself and was sad to see it go though understandable when the Embassy in Penang changed the times passports were given back so you couldn't make the flight 2 days later and had to stay for 4.

You are welcome to my time and was intrigued about the much higher costs so I just called them up and was told it was likely computer error (yeah right) and was offered a flight leaving Wednesday 13:00 with a 2 hour stop over in KL (one way) for £83.19 including £14.?? in taxes. It's a shame KL is such a bitch to get a visa from huh. 

• Like 1