Ex-politician threatens to sue over seized stolen car: source

snoop1130

23 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Any chance that this concerns a politician who's son apologized today to the PM, and that this was actually the reason he went over the top on FB? Remember that a few years ago a politician from a major party had a Bentley for which he couldn't show an invoice, because it belonged to a Singaporean friend.

My apologies to you, janclaes47, that I have only just read your intuitive comment. Thank you for your wisdom 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He insisted that since he bought the car legally, he should be regarded as a damaged person and allowed to keep it, the source said. 

I understand the he suffered losses too, but what about the original owner? 

The car should be returned to the original owner and the losses of the politician should be claim against the car dealer or person who sold him the car. 

10 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

place is and has been run by 10 year olds 

No a bit older than that but with a 10 year old education

Biggest scam that has been going on here for years is the Nissan GTR nicked in Japan and imported here, a lot bigger than the UK scam

Making a lot of money for some even with the lid being lifted on the UK scam

If the BIB start looking at the Nissen GTR + import rip off from Japan, standby for some big names who will get very very upset

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Anybody know what he paid for the car and what would be a 100% legal version of the car's street value. If the figures don't come close then I'd say he knew it was stolen.

Not necessarily. He may have thought it was one brought in as parts, which would make him guilty but of a different crime.

19 hours ago, halloween said:

Not necessarily. He may have thought it was one brought in as parts, which would make him guilty but of a different crime.

So a case of "same same but different". Whatever. If the cost to him did not come close to street value then he should have known that something was fishy.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:21 AM, off road pat said:

Oh my G,....this is very sharp. my compliments, I would never have thought of this !!!

Apparently it's not this guy but another one from Isaan. according to my wife who follows those cases closely !!!