Samsung smartphone

EricTh

Prices of genuine Samsung phones are very stable across most models. About the only real bargains happen when there is a model changeover and then there will be some discounts clearing old stock...not easy to find a genuine bargain price.  If you do find an unusually low price for a current phone, beware...very possible a knock-off or maybe a refurbished unit.

Prices of genuine Samsung phones are very stable across most models. About the only real bargains happen when there is a model changeover and then there will be some discounts clearing old stock...not easy to find a genuine bargain price.  If you do find an unusually low price for a current phone, beware...very possible a knock-off or maybe a refurbished unit.

Your best deals are with a contract from your phone company. My wife got a really good discount from AIS a couple of months ago.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

Your best deals are with a contract from your phone company. My wife got a really good discount from AIS a couple of months ago.

There is a contract with AIS and that's to sign up for 500 baht for 12 months.

Don't think I used that much.

I am trying to get Samsung Galaxy 

There is a contract with AIS and that's to sign up for 500 baht for 12 months.

Don't think I used that much.

I am trying to get Samsung Galaxy 

Samsung's online Lazada store is often 1000b cheaper than their walk-in stores.

45 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Samsung's online Lazada store is often 1000b cheaper than their walk-in stores.

I've never bought anything from Lazada. Are they reliable?

There are many sellers in Lazada for the same product.

I can't seem to find any sold by 'samsung online'. There are Royal 5, Superiphone, Galaxy shop, Link phone...

Edited by EricTh

Usually you get a better price for the Samsung phones from True when you also get a package

But then you have to put up with True and their BS. I thought everyone knew that they are probably the worst company in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

But then you have to put up with True and their BS. I thought everyone knew that they are probably the worst company in Thailand.

Besides the fact that only an XXXXX calls a communication device "smart" (complete marketing BS)

and that sangsum phs are pretty crap. (not directed at you)

I would argue that ai-shit are the worst, but then again ime every telco I've ever dealt with is a thieving, scamming criminal entity.....

how is that we dont have an accurate billing/accounting of data usage in this day and age?

Edited by kaorop

Besides the fact that only an XXXXX calls a communication device "smart" (complete marketing BS)
and that sangsum phs are pretty crap. (not directed at you)
I would argue that ai-shit are the worst, but then again ime every telco I've ever dealt with is a thieving, scamming criminal entity.....

how is that we dont have an accurate billing/accounting of data usage in this day and age?

AIS let me know exactly what I've used online, I presume the other companies do also.

1 minute ago, JaseTheBass said:

AIS let me know exactly what I've used online, I presume the other companies do also.

What they say and what is fact is what I dispute......after being on the net for many years, i'm quite aware of my approximate data usage (in the same way as I know approximately how far I've driven, without an odo) and they dont match up ever and are always decidedly one way,.................... in their favor.

What they say and what is fact is what I dispute......after being on the net for many years, i'm quite aware of my approximate data usage (in the same way as I know approximately how far I've driven, without an odo) and they dont match up ever and are always decidedly one way,.................... in their favor.

Fair enough. I never use my data allocation so it's not important enough for me to worry about.

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

When ordering via Lazada, are we allowed to open the box before we pay?

Who knows what is inside might not be the real deal.

No problem checking inside the box from Lazada on arrival  I've done that several times.. just to make sure intact. The driver just has to wait a few minutes!

.... plus they have a 7 day returns policy...

I will add though I just brought a Samsung phone at a local shop, which did cost a little more, but twice already I had to go in and help me with some issues, easy for them to fix, but were beyond me! .. some times it can make things easier to buy locally. if there are issues! . :smile:

On 6/10/2017 at 10:50 PM, bkkmick said:

Usually you get a better price for the Samsung phones from True when you also get a package

On 6/11/2017 at 1:03 AM, JaseTheBass said:

I had a look at what looked like pretty good deals at True at Central Festival, but once you strip out the obligatory 12 month call packages the deal is not that hot at all Vs buying a phone without and just adding pre-pay options.

I had a look at what looked like pretty good deals at True at Central Festival, but once you strip out the obligatory 12 month call packages the deal is not that hot at all Vs buying a phone without and just adding pre-pay options.

Indeed. All the deals I have seen that are worth having involve contracts at over 1,000 baht pm. May not be prohibitively expensive but when you don't even use the data / calls on plans costing 4-500 (bearing in mind most of the plans are discounted 50% for a year) you end up paying 6-8,000 more than you need for you plan, cancelling out any discount.

Posted using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Indeed. All the deals I have seen that are worth having involve contracts at over 1,000 baht pm. May not be prohibitively expensive but when you don't even use the data / calls on plans costing 4-500 (bearing in mind most of the plans are discounted 50% for a year) you end up paying 6-8,000 more than you need for you plan, cancelling out any discount.

There's something else to possibly bear in mind with TRUE. I used to have the triple TV/internet/sim card/ package with TRUE. I stripped out the internet and post-pay phone service (internet service turned to mulch and phone costs wasted). I assumed the sim card would revert to pre-pay. Nooo. Either continue with post-pay or lose the sim card phone number. Keep this in mind looking at those deals and what will happen after a year if you want to bail out. I noticed also that TRUE have 2 discount rates. One with new sim card and another even cheaper one if you transfer your existing number. Beware! TRUE is a spider's web difficult to extract from. I keep the TV service. Don't touch the phone service or the internet service with a bargepole. All IMHO.

Edited by SheungWan