Bowling in CM

JAFO

I searched the CM forum before asking and only found a thread from 2013. I was hoping to get some current info?

Anybody know of some bowling alleys in CM. Be fun to get a group and go have some fun, have a few beers 

Thanks

Edited by JAFO

6 hours ago, Airalee said:

Kad Suan Kaew has a nice one.  Perhaps the meetup dot com site would be a good place to organize a bowling group.  I would surely join 

It would be a fun deal once a week or so. 

I live in Lampang so i'd have to drive an hour but that's no issue for me.

Chiang Mai LAWN BOWLS club meets several times a week at the purpose built lawn bowling green very near to the Night Safari. Just google "Chiang Mai Lawn Bowls" for website, directions etc.

A much more subtle and sophisticated game than "whang em down" tenpin!

By the way, this isnt an "either or" type of thread, theres room for both these games in Chiang Mai, but if you like tenpin, you might just also like lawn bowls!

On 6/4/2017 at 4:21 AM, Airalee said:

Kad Suan Kaew has a nice one.  

It's been about 6 months or so since I was last there so I'll ask, did they renovate?

It's always been a dump and the lanes often fail but one has no choice since it's now the only place left to bowl around the CM area.

It's been about 6 months or so since I was last there so I'll ask, did they renovate?

It's always been a dump and the lanes often fail but one has no choice since it's now the only place left to bowl around the CM area.

I doubt it. Isn't there talk of Kad being knocked down and be stuff built.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Fair enough...I guess I was a bit liberal in my use of the word nice...kind of like looking for a decent pool/snooker table in Chiang Mai. ?

11 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

I doubt it. Isn't there talk of Kad being knocked down and be stuff built.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

There has been talk that it would fall down for years... :coffee1: