uk will for uk assets while abroad

lifemagic

I have just inherited a house share and cash in the UK. I have UK accounts, use my neices uk address and have no other family. I'm in Phnom Penh on a tourist visa. Non-resident fo tax purposes. I need to make a will, print it and sign it while I'm here. Is there any solicitor in the UK who will do this for me by phone or email? The ones I asked said no because of guidelines about mental competency. 

I have just inherited a house share and cash in the UK. I have UK accounts, use my neices uk address and have no other family. I'm in Phnom Penh on a tourist visa. Non-resident fo tax purposes. I need to make a will, print it and sign it while I'm here. Is there any solicitor in the UK who will do this for me by phone or email? The ones I asked said no because of guidelines about mental competency. 

Why can't you just print out a standard UK will and do it yourself. I know you can buy them in the post office. I've Rember its a easy process. Couple of wittiness I think. I sure you could find a guide. Or get your neice to buy one . Find some witnesses then post it to you and you sign it and fill out the rest. That might not be 100% correct way to do it but I am would have thought it could be done that way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have just changed my will and looked at a number of templates online and picked the one that best suited my requirements.

The one I ended up using https://www.lawdepot.co.uk/contracts/last-will-and-testament-uk/

Google for free wills and you will find others.

I found the templates available far more detailed then a free will I had done via a site and a UK solicitor 6 or 7 years ago so was comfortable using it. The site above I paid by cc and then cancelled inside the free month which worked fine. I then sent the witnessed will back to my Executor in the UK for him to hold. Does not need to be with a solicitor but obviously people need to know where the will is stored.

OK. Thanks. I did look into online wills. I hoped to get a solicitor to do it for a number of reasons. One, it's insured if there's any issue. For some reason I  don't fully understand, it's safer as mental competency is covered. Then some things I want to do are non-standard, i.e. specifically leave digital currency seperate from the residual estate, plus include a non-uk charity. 

Archived