Krabi Hospital denies allegations of 'ignoring' injured Brit

snoop1130

Krabi Hospital denies allegations of 'ignoring' injured Brit

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_20176617331127_NqfIwikDfTJOagsvMzScnXQrBcXlBJVPzBYwjJzO_jpeg.jpeg

KRABI:-- Hospital officials yesterday denied reports that they ‘ignored’ the condition of a British man who was brought in with severe head injuries following a motorbike accident in Krabi last week. 

The accident occurred in front of Tesco Lotus in Krabi Town. The victim, 35, was named only as ‘Jo’ in a social media post shared by his friend, Facebook user ‘Toon Tosapol Chairit’. 

“The victim was taken to Krabi Hospital by Krabi Pitakpracha Foundation rescue workers at about 10pm on June 1. He was admitted to a shared room until the next day when his family showed up, nearly 16 hours later. They were worried that he was not being treated well and wished to move him to a private hospital in Phuket," wrote Mr Toon.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Krabi-Hospital-denies-allegations-ignoring-injured-Brit/66667?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-6-6

Oh dear, he was in a shared room. Actually, I'm surprised they took him to a public hospital, presumably he didn't have an insurance card in his wallet. Won't comment on the "ignored" part cos there's not enough info. to make a judgement, but that ICU in the private hospital is gonna cost. And, of course, the head injuries implies "no helmet", which might invalidate insurance I suppose. 

Edited by nausea
More info.

Looks like he got great care by the Thai Hospital. Many times I see Thai's on gurneys, waiting in the emergency room, waiting

on their Thai families to bring money to the hospital, so they can get some care. This Brit was in a shared room getting care.

I hope he does have travel insurance, but if it's true he was driving with no helmet, that could invalidate any insurance policy.

Also, some policies limit motorcycle accidents to 50 % of the actual costs. At least this guy has family that cares.

15 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Me thinks "Jo" ignored the future of his own medical condition.... is this a case of "let's go to a third world country and ride around on a scooter without a helmet" ?

Me thinks the article is about a hospital not treating a patient.