Man electrocuted for the sake of a few hundred baht

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Nice gesture to give the family the money their son died for 

Would be an even nicer gesture for the company that released the balloons to give the family the promised 9,999 baht.

Good PR and good for the family. Not sure if companies do things like that in Thaialnd.

7 hours ago, Ralf61 said:

Completely agree. I know people who have to get by with a 5,000THB-bucks a month (not a day), and we start nagging in the rare case our monthly wad is less than 6 digits or so...

exactly!!! even though the minimum wage here in our province, and most urban and/or tourism-heavy provinces,

is 300 baht/day, many of the resorts here pay their non-skilled Thai staff 200/day (and many even deduct for meals & lodging!);

even though life can be lived very cheaply here, no way is 200 baht (or even 300 baht, tbh) TRULY a living wage

8 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Nice gesture to give the family the money their son died for 

it is just a pittance towards the funeral....if it will be used for this purpose....think it will be used to buy a couple of bottles of samson or hong thong

Just now, garbolino said:

it is just a pittance towards the funeral....if it will be used for this purpose....think it will be used to buy a couple of bottles of samson or hong thong

maybe that will help after all, at least for a few days... :saai:

50 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

That they had to make a decision on such a small amount of money is so pathetic. Why didn't they club together and at least give the family something more.

well, from a Buddhist standpoint, he was foolishly chasing maya, and made expensive and ultimately foolish and fatal

decisions of his own accord

the Thai phrase is "lao tae" = up to you

1 minute ago, garbolino said:

yeah I don't know how much bottles cost as I do not drink it

sang som is rather nice, hong thong is nasty

both approx 100-140 for small bottle, 200+ big bottle, sang som a bit pricier than hong thong by 10-30 baht depending

Just now, jenifer d said:

sang som is rather nice, hong thong is nasty

both approx 100-140 for small bottle, 200+ big bottle, sang som a bit pricier than hong thong by 10-30 baht depending

thanks but I do not drink it so will NOT be buying any...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Everybody at the scene agreed that the money should be given to the family of the victim for funeral expenses, reported Thai Rath.

So for 'everybody at the scene', what were the other alternatives for the money (...besides partially paying the original vehicle rental)?

I really need to read ThaiVisa News less often.

6 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

THB-readies, brass, wonga, moola, wad, spondulies, smackers, beer chits. Many more.

Me and my GF call the 1000 BHT note a 'King', and the 500 a 'Queen', the 100's 'Jokers, and anything else a 'handful'

We call a 1 baht coin a Pumpuy Penny, as we regularly check our weight at the nearest 7Eleven with the 1Baht machine.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a tragic waste of a young life.

Yet again you see greed overcoming any thoughts about safety.

How is it greed to try to claim a prize that you have won?

If anything, the people responsible for the Ad. should have the book thrown at them and be brought to justice.

Most lightly, this unfortunate person would not have hired a vehicle for 2000 Baht or gone to the length he did to claim 800 Baht and in all probability would be alive today but for these advertisers.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

How is it greed to try to claim a prize that you have won?

If anything, the people responsible for the Ad. should have the book thrown at them and be brought to justice.

Most lightly, this unfortunate person would not have hired a vehicle for 2000 Baht or gone to the length he did to claim 800 Baht and in all probability would be alive today but for these advertisers.

He would have had a better chance of being alive today if he had not acted like a muppet, NEXT

40 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

He would have had a better chance of being alive today if he had not acted like a muppet, NEXT

Muppet ? whats that ? He was just a guy with no knowledge of the danger involved ,in collecting his pot of Gold .