Family of dismemberment case suspect seeks assistance

webfact

Family of dismemberment case suspect seeks assistance
By The Nation

94b7af9adaa4de07ec31371088b4ae5f.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The family of a suspect in the high-profile dismemberment murder case has petitioned the Justice Ministry for assistance.

Jidarat Promkhun was arrested last month over her alleged role in the killing and dismemberment of Warisara Klinjui. 

“But she was not anywhere near the crime scene in Khon Kaen province on the day of the murder,” Jidarat’s elder sister said on Thursday.

She said there was evidence that Jidarat was in Bangkok at the time of the killing. 

The petition was submitted earlier this week.

The Justice Ministry’s deputy permanent secretary Dusadee Arawuit said on Thursday that his ministry would have to verify facts before extending help. 

“At the very least, the suspect will have to pass a lie detector,” he said. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317551

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-08

Just now, saakura said:

“At the very least, the suspect will have to pass a lie detector,”  I thought the results of these machines were not accepted by courts as evidence?

where does it say this will be used in court?

totster :)

Well if the girl was not a part of the horrendous crime she should be let free, but the evidence of not being their will have to be better than hearsay or a lie detector test.

16 minutes ago, saakura said:

“At the very least, the suspect will have to pass a lie detector,”  I thought the results of these machines were not accepted by courts as evidence?

"They work. Don't ask me how, but they work."

GT-2000 Lie Detector 

Family seeks help for ‘innocent girl’ named Khon Kaen murder suspect
By THE NATION

803142278ac94188b178e48c1751ba29.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- THE FAMILY of a suspect implicated in the high-profile dismemberment murder in Khon Kaen is trying to prove that she did not have a role in the gruesome crime.

“I will try to gather evidence, including photos, to prove that my younger sister is not involved,” the elder sister of Jidarat Promkhun said yesterday. 

Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said it was not fair that Jidarat faced charges similar to those levelled against the four other suspects.

“She was not even with them at the time of the killing,” the sister said. 

Jidarat faces several charges, including murder, for the killing and dismemberment of Warisara Klinjui in Khon Kaen province last month. According to her sister, Jidarat was in Bangkok at the time of the killing. 

Police so far have not pressed the more serious charge of premeditated murder against Jidarat, which the other four suspects face. 

The Justice Ministry earlier this week received a petition for justice filed by Jidarat’s sister. Asked about the case, the ministry’s deputy permanent secretary Dusadee Arawuit said yesterday that the ministry would have to verify the facts before extending help. 

The murder and dismemberment of Warisara has made headlines during the past few weeks with the families of the victim as well as of the murder suspects receiving considerable media coverage. 

The lawyer for Warisara’s family, Noppadon Sidatan, yesterday announced the family’s decision to sue Prapasri Somsri, an elder sister of the prime murder suspect Priyanuch Wangnonchai, for defamation. 

“We will seek Bt10million compensation for her slanderous comments about Warisara,” Nopppadon said. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30317573

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-09

The sister should of stepped forward with her proof that Jidarat Promkhun could not be involved, the same day the news broke out (or before then) instead of now. Presenting this proof now, so long after the events took place, just smells fishy.

On the other hand, maybe she did and reporters are only telling us about it now. In which case the news is late in reporting relevant information...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“I will try to gather evidence, including photos, to prove that my younger sister is not involved,” the elder sister of Jidarat Promkhun said yesterday. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said it was not fair that Jidarat faced charges similar to those levelled against the four other suspects.

Not too anonymous if everyone knows you are the elder sister of a named suspect !

17 hours ago, saakura said:

So if she passes the lie detector test, they will let her go free? That is what the statement insinuates.

Provided she has enough cash to pay for her freedom and is able to show a very sorry face while making merit at the local Buddhist temple...

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Justice Ministry’s deputy permanent secretary Dusadee Arawuit said on Thursday that his ministry would have to verify facts before extending help. 

When someone in authority, especially from a department such as the Justice Ministry, uses terminology like this, that puts the hackles up for me personally.

If there is indeed plausible evidence that the accused was elsewhere at the time of the crime, what good is a polygraph going to do? 

The elder sister claims that her sister was not present at the murder but says nothing about the subsequent dismembering of the body.  As the above poster says, if she was involved in the latter crime she was complicit in the murder and is therefore guilty of a major crime.  

I believe the police have recognised already that perhaps this particular girl's involvement is with the slightly lesser crime and have therefore not charged her with premeditated murder. which they have done with the other girls.