cant connect bluetooth......help!

cheeryble

Hi

I have a small bluetooth speaker which I want to use so I can play audiobooks louder than the macbook speakers and listen while i wander round or shower.

I have paired the speaker with my iPad before. I used to use it for podcasts in the car to avoid earphones, but now have a better bluetooth device for the car which uses the cars speakers.

So I dug out the little speaker to try with the macbook.

Here's there problem,, on the iPad the speaker is called MINI-X6U.....I'm playing Any Answers from the iPad right now to test the speaker.......but MINI-X6U does not appear on the list of devices when I click the bluetooth symbol on the top line of the macbook.

What's up?

Thanks!

ps I just looked up the manual for the speaker and it doesn't mention Apple laptops though it does mention iPad, smartphones, etc

http://shop.notebookonline.dk/soundbar.pdf

Could MacBooks be not catered for?

It should work... 

Either find the blue tooth symbol at top right of your screen or find in the Finder ...  it should open when you click on it, ...

Turn on the speaker and it should say "Pair" and give the name of your speaker... once paired it should recognize the speaker in the future.

Good luck!

Some Bluetooth speakers need to be "reset" before they show up in the pair list. On my Creative I have to hold down the Bluetooth button until it flashes. It then appears in the pairs list.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 3 weeks later...

I constantly have problems connecting my McBook Pro to another device using Bluetooth. The MB doesn't connect although the other device is in the list of paired devices. I have no cure... just try again and again and don't swear too loud.