PCX vs Aerox

Hi

I can't decide to buy a new PCX or a Aerox

The Aerox looks a lot better in my opinion and seems to have more power and for me a little more comfortable ride.

How does it compare to PCX is other areas such as reliability, fuel consumption etc?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRescue said:

The Aerox looks a lot better in my opinion and seems to have more power and for me a little more comfortable ride.

Oh please come off it you've already decided.  :biggrin:

I have had both, the Aerox is far better than the pcx, it handles and feels so much better, both should be as reliable as each other, not really worried about fuel consumption, just fill up as needed it is only a run about scooter. Yes agree aerox type R looks so much better.

15 hours ago, RobFord said:

"just fill up as needed it is only a run about scooter"

Provided it has a big enough tank. There's nothing more irritating than filling up twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's my only concern about switching from PCX to Aerox.  I've had 3 PCX's and from memory the first 125 version had a much smaller fuel tank.  Getting around 270Kms on a tank now is a big plus for me so I'm kind of hoping Yamaha might do something about the size of the tank before I change next year.

If you plan to change next year a whole new set of options will be available for you to look at...

For now the Yamaha Aero 155 has a fuel tank that holds 4.6 liters of fuel. That is small compared with the Honda PCX150 which has according to Honda an 8 liter fuel tank.

The Honda PCX150 is a 2014 model, with a 3-year model upgrade routine, we should get a new Honda PCX150 this year or early next year. But Honda would not rule the premium scooter market alone, it will by that time have stiff competition from the Yamaha XMax 300…

Hello Everyone, i'm new to this forum from Manila and i've been lurking on threads that has Aerox on it's topics. Can anyone please share your honest review on Aerox because i've been planning on acquiring this scooter for about a month now, stocks are so scarce since the first shipment and that hundreds if not thousands are on the waiting list from different dealerships. So, do you guys really think it's worth the wait? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jdee88 said:

Hello Everyone, i'm new to this forum from Manila and i've been lurking on threads that has Aerox on it's topics. Can anyone please share your honest review on Aerox because i've been planning on acquiring this scooter for about a month now, stocks are so scarce since the first shipment and that hundreds if not thousands are on the waiting list from different dealerships. So, do you guys really think it's worth the wait? TIA

Maybe.

22 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

If you plan to change next year a whole new set of options will be available for you to look at...

For now the Yamaha Aero 155 has a fuel tank that holds 4.6 liters of fuel. That is small compared with the Honda PCX150 which has according to Honda an 8 liter fuel tank.

The Honda PCX150 is a 2014 model, with a 3-year model upgrade routine, we should get a new Honda PCX150 this year or early next year. But Honda would not rule the premium scooter market alone, it will by that time have stiff competition from the Yamaha XMax 300…

Always interested in the new options but happy to stick around the 150cc level.  Had 3 CBR 150's before the PCX's so 3 seems to be my boredom threshold will be watching out for any new releases in the coming year with interest.

23 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

That is small compared with the Honda PCX150 which has according to Honda an 8 liter fuel tank.

Buy an NMax it has a 6.6l tank.

On 6/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, RobFord said:

There's nothing more irritating than filling up twice a week.

Some cage drivers fill up twice per journey.:shock1:

Solution: Make visiting the gas station part of your routine? Or buy more and decant at home? (Which is what I used to do in Indo as the gas station was outside the compound)

Edited by VocalNeal

On 2017-6-13 at 3:41 PM, jdee88 said:

I seen them in showrooms around Bkk, I haven't asked yet but I think if  walked in with the cash would be riding home on one.. No wait

I seen them in showrooms around Bkk, I haven't asked yet but I think if  walked in with the cash would be riding home on one.. No wait

[emoji15][emoji23]I'm from the Philippines and stocks are scarce that dealerships are taking advantage of the situation they're only entertaining buyers who are paying through Installments for huge profits, cash buyers are on the wait list 'til next shipment/inventories arrive.

I think the Aerox looks very cool and much more bikelike than pcx.

My pcx150 1st gen looks, hmm well uh: practical, I think we got it new in 2012 or 13 and never gave us problems.

I refuse to change scout just because something new pops up, I like to use things first and the pcx is just a getting around Pattaya "thing" to me, so don't really care about how it looks. Further it got a 40l topbox permanently fitted, how will a aerox look with one fitted, I wonder.

No, one or two years more on the pcx and then perhaps a new scout but are not in a hurry as long as the pcx works and so far no signs of getting tired.

If I didn't own a scooter today, I would very likely get a Aerox if I like the ride/handling/power for what it is; a little +150cc scout.

Decided my 2015 PCX 150 needed replacng.....

Went to my local Honda Scooter dealers, and gobsmacked to find they wanted 90,000 Baht for a new PCX, plus that gawdy orange plastic put me off too....

Bought an Aeorox Sport in blue for 66,000b out the door....

3 months on....

Smaller and easier round town that the PCX, more stylish (imho)...wider wheels / tyres make it more sure footed (the 140 rear tyre same size to most 250cc geared bikes).... The wide seat more comfy than the PCX....The gas shocks help smooth out the bumps...The Yamaha's engine smoother than the Honda's....

The Aerox's tank is small compared to the PCX's is about the only downside i can think of...

Edited by properperson

7 hours ago, properperson said:

Went to my local Honda Scooter dealers, and gobsmacked to find they wanted 90,000 Baht for a new PCX, plus that gawdy orange plastic put me off too....

3 months on....

Smaller and easier round town that the PCX, more stylish (imho)...wider wheels / tyres make it more sure footed (the 140 rear tyre same size to most 250cc geared bikes).... The wide seat more comfy than the PCX....The gas shocks help smooth out the bumps...The Yamaha's engine smoother than the Honda's....

The Aerox's tank is small compared to the PCX's is about the only downside i can think of...

66k out the door for the R model?  Well done.  Location?

11 hours ago, properperson said:

3 months on....

Sorry.... wrong

Edited by Richard-BKK