reverse camera for isuzu dmax installation

fran01

Hi, anyone here knows where to buy a reverse camera for parking & have it install by professional here in bangkok ? what brand / price range / installation fee - how much ? / good & trusted workmanship - this is for a isuzu dmax pickup 4 doors. any info greatly appreciated. thanks

Depends where you live, but most big car audio shops can handle the shop without any problems.

On my old Pajero sport I had a Alpine camera installed (around 20,000 baht). The camera had night-vision so it was a bit expensive.

Kenwood, etc also makes good cameras. Look for S Rachanee sound in Samutprakan or Mirage Audio. 

had check out their facebook , they are selling full system - sound speaker etc etc ..... what i need is just a reverse camera with a screen without the rest of the high end tech that come with it. thanks 

12 hours ago, fran01 said:

had check out their facebook , they are selling full system - sound speaker etc etc ..... what i need is just a reverse camera with a screen without the rest of the high end tech that come with it. thanks 

They also sell that. Just give them a call.

called both but it will cost between 11 to 18k coz i would have to change the dash board since my dmax doesn't have one. way too expensive for me. was looking at garmin gps but unfortunately only their older model is compatible with their own type of reverse camera. the premium model nuvicam LM is also nearly 15k plus camera =20k plus too. the 57LM is very much older model though it's only 4k but feature are too basic. the other newer 2 model unfortunately doesn't support it.

Why can't you buy one that has a screen that sits on top of the dash, or is incorporated into the rear view mirror? Pretty sure they can be picked up for well under 3000 baht.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Waterproof-Rear-view-Backup-Camera-and-Monitor-Kit-For-Car-License-/252504570526?hash=item3aca71fa9e:g:kw4AAOSwawpXtZte

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LCD-Monitor-Mirror-Car-Wireless-Backup-Rear-View-HD-Camera-Parking-Reverse-/162516669576?hash=item25d6bf9488:g:w84AAOSwfpVZEYoe

Edited by giddyup

For a 2007 DMAX I brought in a double din head unit and camera (and speakers) - easy enough to pull out the OEM stereo (once you figure out where the clips are holding the facia) and fit the new unit. Also not difficult to fit rear camera (cabled) running wire underneath and up through a small hole underneath passenger seat (easy to take seat out and re-secure seat) to plug into rear of headunit. Small hole does not need to be made through metal body below the seat - there is a 2" hole already there but filled with fibre something or other, so easy to pierce and re-waterproof with a bit of silicon. Speakers a bit more fiddly if they are bigger than the OEM ones , but not rocket science. You can pay for 'professional' service in Thailand but you don't always get what you pay for.

I've just bought a unit with gps and 8 inch screen for our dmax 2014 model it comes with a free rear camera from Aliexpress 6,300 baht its built into a new fascia so its just a question of taking out the old and replacing it with the new all the connections are the same delivery in about seven days. Company name is Autojeta.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app