EBMC on Android Kitkat 4.4.2

JHolmesJr

On 6 May, 2017 at 11:08 AM, mtls2005 said:

I've been using Titanium on Android 4.4 boxes (Kodi 16), and Gadget Junkies on Android 5 and PCs (Kodi 17)

There is a Kodi 17 fork for pre-Android 6 boxes, which allows use of Kodi 17 builds on those earlier devices.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/install-kodi-17-krypton-android-4-4-solved/

will ebmc 4.4 load easily on a minix x8h plus running Android 4.4.2 (kitkat)?

I also have Kodi jarvis running on that box as well as FTMC….will either of these pose any conflicts?

And does ebmc 4.4 allow displaying/streaming/ playing of https sources?

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 at 5:46 PM, janclaes47 said:

Because Kodi 16 builds are not compatible with Kodi 17.

If you want to use your Kodi 16 build, but want to have the SSL compatibility, use a Kodi 17 Fork based on 16.1.

Mygica is based on 17.0

FTMC is based on 16.1

In the Kodi settings you should also disable auto update for the Skins, especially for the Estuary skin, but also for the skin your build uses.

I was running the Beast build on Kodi 16.  It disappeared but I have just now reinstalled it.

It appears to be running fine.

19 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

I was running the Beast build on Kodi 16.  It disappeared but I have just now reinstalled it.

It appears to be running fine.

You need to know on which Kodi version your Kodi 17 fork is based, you can find that in system info once Kodi is running, then install a build intended for that version.

Mygica and FTMC are both Kodi 17 forks, not builds, but they are both based on a different Kodi version.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Only to 17.1 afaik? EBMC only just come out with ver 17.1 for Kitkat a few days ago.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/install-kodi-17-krypton-android-4-4-solved/

This is not Kodi 17.1, it is Kodi 17.0, look at the screenshot.

Kodi 17.0 is missing RTMP input setting, because it doesn't support RTMP.

In Kodi 16.1 it was enabled by default, in Kodi 17.0 not supported at all , and in 17.1 it is disabled by default but it is supported soyou can enable.

Why EBMC calls it 17.1 when their own screen shot says 17.0 is a mystery to me.

2017_04_20_01.34.55.png

19 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Did you actually install it? The screen grab you posted is from their web site? Maybe website is not updated with new screen?

After I installed I got 17.1

EBMC4.4_17.1.jpg.76a38afed64aec668ead3786e836f3a4.jpg

... but it seems to be 17.1 without RTMP option so a waste of time for me trying to see BBCiPlayer!

On this version if I go to Addons MyAddons there is no option for Video Input Stream to select??

Just now, Digitalbanana said:

Did you actually install it? The screen grab you posted is from their web site?

After I installed I got 17.1

EBMC4.4_17.1.jpg.76a38afed64aec668ead3786e836f3a4.jpg

... but it seems to be 17.1 without RTMP option so a waste of time for me trying to see BBCiPlayer!

On this version if I go to Addons MyAddons there is no option for Video Input Stream to select??

The screen shot is from the link you posted.

If there is no  setting to enable RTMP it is definitely not 17.1.

I assume the setting for inputstream adaptive is there?

How to Enable RTMP in Kodi (VideoPlayer InputStream Client)

1. From the Kodi main menu, click on Addons. If you are using a skin or build, this is probably found by going to Settings > Add-ons.
  2. Click on My Add-ons and then go into the VideoPlayer InputStream section.
  3. Click on the RTMP Input option and click on Enable. 
  4. As well if it isn’t already, click on InputStream Adaptive and click Enable.

19 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

It's neither. The link I posted answering JHolmesJr about EBMC was for the EBMC 4.4 player which is a Mygica fork of Kodi 17 that will play on KitKat. Previously EBMC was available with a Kodi 17 fork and in past few days it is now available in Mygica Kodi 17.1 fork. It's not pure Kodi tho and Mygica fork does not have a menu option for Addons/My Addons/Video Input Stream so both RTMP and Inputstream Adaptive are not showing.

2 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

It's neither. The link I posted answering JHolmesJr about EBMC was for the EBMC 4.4 player which is a Mygica fork of Kodi 17 that will play on KitKat. Previously EBMC was available with a Kodi 17 fork and in past few days it is now available in Mygica Kodi 17.1 fork. It's not pure Kodi tho and Mygica fork does not have a menu option for Addons/My Addons/Video Input Stream so both RTMP and Inputstream Adaptive are not showing.

Mygica is 17.0, they don't have a Mygica 17.1, but they are working on a 17.3 version.

Mygica.JPG.b5c6e221a9ac2c17e262dda76aa00363.JPG

I have the Mygica 17.0 fork installed on a Kitkat OS and it has menu videoinput stream but only Inputstream adaptive is in there.

16 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Mygica is 17.0, they don't have a Mygica 17.1, but they are working on a 17.3 version.

I have the Mygica 17.0 fork installed on a Kitkat OS and it has menu videoinput stream but only Inputstream adaptive is in there.

That maybe so about MyGica. I was referring to EBMC as that was the link given in JHolmesJr I was answering about EBMC ( http://bestforkodi.com/run-kodi-17-0-on-your-android-4-4-device/ ).

Interestingly when I had previous install of EBMC using the EBMC MyGica 17.0 Kodi fork it too like you had  Inputstream adaptive only available. Now on the newer EBMC MyGica 17.1 Kodi fork it has removed that as well with no Video Input Stream menu option at all.

I guess I will wait for MyGica to release 17.3 fork or dump the KitKat!

** Somehow the admin has put this reply from another thread in this thread now so figure it out yourselves. I'm outta here.

2 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

That maybe so about MyGica. I was referring to EBMC as that was the link given in JHolmesJr I was answering about EBMC ( http://bestforkodi.com/run-kodi-17-0-on-your-android-4-4-device/ ).

Interestingly when I had previous install of EBMC using the EBMC MyGica 17.0 Kodi fork it too like you had  Inputstream adaptive only available. Now on the newer EBMC MyGica 17.1 Kodi fork it has removed that as well with no Video Input Stream menu option at all.

If it was 17.1 it would have both inputstream adaptive and RTMP as an option to select.

Depend on which box you are using but most Kitkat boxes have a custom firmware available that upgrades them to Lollipop, and if it is a Minix X8 -H Plus there is even an official firmware available.

You can then install Kodi 17.3 on it without relying on a fork.

11 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

** Somehow the admin has put this reply from another thread in this thread now so figure it out yourselves. I'm outta here.

Kodi 17.1 has both inputstream adaptive and RTMP as a selective option, similar to 17.3.

I notice that your screen shot says Mygica 17.1, on the EMBC fork, which is a bit strange since Mygica themselves admitted only a week ago that they will not release a Mygica 17.1

Archived