moving with a dog

I am looking to move very soon from Phetchaburi to Mae Hon Son (800km or so) with my dog, he is about 33kg.. I have a travel crate.

Issue i am having is that apparently Nok Air (and maybe Thai Airways) will not bring a dog over 20kg

I thought "fine, I will bring him by train then".. I get my lady friend to call the train station to ask how much and they tell her "can not, only up to 20kg"

that can't be right? can it?

normally on trains I load up his crate myself unload at end station and bring him to next train from BKK to Chiang Mai (no more trains after that)

I am not sure if she asked someone who has no idea what they are talking about or they really have this ridiculous rule

I don't have a drivers license for car/pickup so what would be the other options if those airlines won't load a 40kg at most box for a 1.5 hour flight or on a train?

I didn't expect the train to NOT be an option so now i am feeling like i will be quite stuck.

any ideas?

• 7 months later...

The search function threw this thread up. Can someone please point me in the direction of an online outlet where i can purchase a travel box for my pickup so that I can safely transport our dog a few kms each day without her jumping out or having to have someone sit in the back with her? Ebay, Amazon, Lazada are either too expensive, too small or won't post to LoS. Ours is a soi dog a little smaller than a labrador.

I guess I'm looking for a crate or something like this:

dog-travel-crate-0.jpg

Thanks all :smile:

Edited by evadgib

Most of the pet shops sell different size fold-able cages.  If it was for my pickup I would go to one of the welding shops and have them build me one out of 1" box steel with chain link welded on the frame.

Actually if it was me the dog would be sitting inside the truck with me!

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bump the thread and jump on the tail end. I will be leaving Thailand for China in a couple of months. I have a crate for my Doberman. Any suggestions which company/way to get her there. Any help is really appreciated.

ps. I did try the search function but it wasn't very fruitful.

I use a broker in Bangkok for export/import, but never have shipped any animals.  You should contact Marc and ask him.

CUSTOMS BROKER AND LOGISTICS, BangkokThailand

SENATOR INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS LTD.
2nd Fl. Permpoom Bldg.
32 Sukhumvit Soi 87
Bangjak, Bangkok 10260
Thailand

Tel:       +66-2-3114408 Ext. 100 Ralf

Ext. 105 Mark
Fax:      +66-2-3114409
Mobil: +66-81-8488171 Ralf

+66-81-8488370 Mark
Email :   [email protected]

Email:   [email protected]     
Internet: http://www.senator-international.com

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Sorry to bump the thread and jump on the tail end. I will be leaving Thailand for China in a couple of months. I have a crate for my Doberman. Any suggestions which company/way to get her there. Any help is really appreciated.

ps. I did try the search function but it wasn't very fruitful.

For cargo I suggest Dynamic Air Cargo: 
www.dynamicaircargo.com
Email: [email protected]

For accompanied/excess luggage I suggest to contact James from Relo4paws through their Facebook page or by phone:
https://www.facebook.com/Relo4Paws/
Tel.: 089 664 8551

I've used them for years and they are both excellent. 

9 hours ago, Nienke said:

For cargo I suggest Dynamic Air Cargo: 
www.dynamicaircargo.com
Email: [email protected]

For accompanied/excess luggage I suggest to contact James from Relo4paws through their Facebook page or by phone:
https://www.facebook.com/Relo4Paws/
Tel.: 089 664 8551

I've used them for years and they are both excellent. 

Thank you very much.