What's up with 407 bus company?

thaipara

I noticed yesterday that their station near Pattaya Klang seemed to be closed. And at least one on-line booking site no longer lists any of the Rayong-Nong Khai or Bung Kan routes as being purchasable. Neither of the two numbers I have for their Pattaya office seem to work, either.

Does this mean that travel to these destinations now must be through Bangkok?

Concrete info gratefully received!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

sounds to me like another victim of the deathtrap minivans

the three daily 99 buses which ran from Bangkok to Trat via Pattaya have stopped entirely so you can only go on a minivan now

OMG the prospect of even more manically-driven minivans thundering their way along Highway 3 in my neck of the woods fills me with dread!:shock1:

one option to get to Nongkhai or Bueng Kan is to use NCA's excellent services to Khonkaen, and from there hop on another Bus to Nongkhai or Bueng Kan. The NCA terminal is at Sukhumvit near Pattaya Klang, opposite the King Power shopping complex. 

Chan Tours have a terminal in Pattaya too, though I am not sure if they go to KK or Udon or even Nongkhai (but they have a very strong market share in Udon).

On the other hand, AirAsia flies to Udon from U-Tapao twice a day, and tickets are often just 599/699 Baht ex-luggage. From Udon Airport, there are Minivans (yes sorry) to take you to Nongkhai

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2017 at 4:36 PM, Asiantravel said:

sounds to me like another victim of the deathtrap minivans

the three daily 99 buses which ran from Bangkok to Trat via Pattaya have stopped entirely so you can only go on a minivan now

Are you sure ? No big bus to Koh Chang anymore ?

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, bberrythailand said:

Are you sure ? No big bus to Koh Chang anymore ?

I'm sure

andwhen I came back from  KC about a month ago I had to get Cherdchai Tour big bus for Bangkok. They turn right just before reaching Rayong.

You can either get off there  and  get a minivan for the rest of the journey. I missed that stop so the next opportunity was Chonburi where I had to get a minivan from there.and it was the ride from hell!

Speeding, tailgating, using the mobile phone all at the same time.and that's why I prefer big buses

• 7 months later...

Archived