Orange-Juice?

moonseeker

6 minutes ago, teddog said:

not according to recent reports  try BBC     was known to cause type 11 diabetes

I guess type 11 diabetes is a form of diabetes BBC just invented?

Other than that, coconut water has proven to be beneficial for diabetics.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, teddog said:

not according to recent reports  try BBC     was known to cause type 11 diabetes

I wonder how they proved that drinking coconut water caused type 2 diabetes. It can take decades for type 2 diabetes to develop. Pinning it on one thing is absurd. This kind of misinformation doesn't help anyone. Coconut water is very healthy. It's too expensive now to drink too much of it.:sad: I have no idea how much "too much" is, but I doubt many people drink too much of it.

On 15.06.2017 at 10:42 PM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Best one for me is the gallon sized bottle of fresh orange juice in Macro, under 300 baht.

its not juice, its mix with water and that

smaller macro is 100% juice

2 hours ago, tropo said:

I wonder how they proved that drinking coconut water caused type 2 diabetes. It can take decades for type 2 diabetes to develop. Pinning it on one thing is absurd. This kind of misinformation doesn't help anyone. Coconut water is very healthy. It's too expensive now to drink too much of it.:sad: I have no idea how much "too much" is, but I doubt many people drink too much of it.

It was known 20 perhaps 30 years ago the connection between type2 diabetes and coconuts,  .diabeties was rampant in India then,advisedto stop drinking the milk ,was featured on BBC  less than a week ago

2 minutes ago, teddog said:

It was known 20 perhaps 30 years ago the connection between type2 diabetes and coconuts,  .diabeties was rampant in India then,advisedto stop drinking the milk ,was featured on BBC  less than a week ago

A few posts ago it was coconut water that was bad, and now it's coconut milk.

You know there is a big difference between both?

10 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

A few posts ago it was coconut water that was bad, and now it's coconut milk.

You know there is a big difference between both?

Was water, something about it,but inc  drinking anything from coconuts

just about a week ago  BBC health matters

14 minutes ago, teddog said:

Was water, something about it,but inc  drinking anything from coconuts

just about a week ago  BBC health matters

So from water to milk and back to water and something about.

How about, you have actually no idea what it was about nor what you're talking about?

2 hours ago, teddog said:

I've seen BBC "documentaries" that try to prove various theories and was unimpressed with their sensationalistic and very unscientific way of going about things.

I'd be pretty sure diabetes is still "rampant" in India, as it is in most other countries these days. Perhaps there was some issue with the saturated fats of the coconut flesh if you eat it. I'd be pretty sure, as they do in most other tropical climates, that they eat the whole coconut, not just drink the water.  

Perhaps you could have helped us with a link to this show you saw... How about the title?

I'll have a look. Out of interest, I'd like to see how bad this particular documentary was.:smile:

Edited by tropo

Just now, tropo said:

I've seen BBC "documentaries" that try to prove various health issues and was unimpressed with their sensationalistic and very unscientific way of going about things.

Perhaps you could have helped us with a link to this show you saw... How about the title?

I'll have a look. Out of interest, I'd like to see how bad this particular documentary was.:smile:

not interested, milk from it , water from the young coconut, where I lived 20 odd years ago (India) all were smashed to stop it being taken by the kids , diabetes was rampant.  hate the stuff

Just now, teddog said:

not interested, milk from it , water from the young coconut, where I lived 20 odd years ago (India) all were smashed to stop it being taken by the kids , diabetes was rampant.  hate the stuff

You've been talking about this documentary in many posts, and now you claim you're not interested? Now I'm going to have to look for it on my own?

Some....I say some,  BBC documentalists/editorialists/producers seem to have certain colonialistic patterns still anchored deep within themselves....as well as having some issues with foreign countries, for reasons that sole the above mentioned would know!!!!

3 minutes ago, teddog said:

Good on you

You shouldn't be posting about health issues unless you're willing to offer some evidence to back up your claim.

Coconut oil has been shown to improve insulin resistance.

http://www.healthline.com/health/coconut-oil-and-diabetes#benefits3

There's also a link to a scientific study posted by the ADA:

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/58/11/2547.full?sid=091dd77e-0632-4f1c-bcbd-f0b1c42544ba

What you used to do 20 years ago in India means little. 30 - 40 years ago everyone threw out their butter and started consuming margarine,  which has since been proven to be rather unhealthy.

Just now, tropo said:

You shouldn't be posting about health issues unless you're willing to offer some evidence to back up your claim.

Coconut oil has been shown to improve insulin resistance.

http://www.healthline.com/health/coconut-oil-and-diabetes#benefits3

There's also a link to a scientific study posted by the ADA:

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/58/11/2547.full?sid=091dd77e-0632-4f1c-bcbd-f0b1c42544ba

What you used to do 20 years ago in India means little. 30 - 40 years ago everyone threw out their butter and started consuming margarine,  which has since been proven to be rather unhealthy.

Tropo  I want you to drink all the coconut oil you can get your hands on,really I do, I was lying and Im very sorry for my lies, please no more reference    just drink and enjoy

11 minutes ago, teddog said:

Tropo  I want you to drink all the coconut oil you can get your hands on,really I do, I was lying and Im very sorry for my lies, please no more reference    just drink and enjoy

I actually consume quite a bit of coconut water, oil and flesh. I DO have impaired blood sugar metabolism, but it's under control. It started long before I arrived in SE Asia and started consuming fresh coconuts regularly.

I cannot come up with any link between coconuts and type 2 diabetes, so unless you can present some evidence besides "I saw a BBC documentary" (which I cannot find), I'll assume there isn't any.

I can come up with plenty of information about how good coconut water is for diabetics though:

http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/drinking-coconut-water-safe-for-diabetics/

Edited by tropo

Coconut water IS healthy and you don't have to worry too much if you drink a liter of it daily . 

Coconut milk is not the same , can be unhealthy if you drink a lot of it. 

Anyway back to coconut juice , I buy 1 liter from Malee, 56 baht .   It's 100% and not from concentrate.  Taste just like the water from the green coconut. Cheaper than buying the coconuts. 

Edited by balo

6 hours ago, balo said:

Coconut water IS healthy and you don't have to worry too much if you drink a liter of it daily . 

Coconut milk is not the same , can be unhealthy if you drink a lot of it. 

Anyway back to coconut juice , I buy 1 liter from Malee, 56 baht .   It's 100% and not from concentrate.  Taste just like the water from the green coconut. Cheaper than buying the coconuts. 

I bought a liter of that the other day to try it. To me, it doesn't taste anywhere near the real thing. It certainly is a lot cheaper than buying the real thing. 

13 hours ago, tropo said:

You've been talking about this documentary in many posts, and now you claim you're not interested? Now I'm going to have to look for it on my own?

Advertisement
Health
Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter'

16 June 2017
    From the section Health

These are external links and
Coconut oil is as unhealthy as beef dripping and butter, say US heart experts.

It is packed with saturated fat which can raise "bad" cholesterol, says the American Heart Association in updated advice.

Coconut oil is commonly sold as a health food and some claim the fat in it may be better for us than other saturated fats.

The AHA, however, says there are no good studies to support this.

The health benefits of coconut oil

Healthy myth?

The advice around which fats to eat can be very confusing.

Animal fats, such as lar
Than.
Sat fat

Some claim that the mixture of fats in coconut oil still make it a healthy option, but the AHA says there is no good-quality evidence for this.

Here is a bit of the article tropo,no reason to stop drinking it,sorry to upset your breakfast,was other studies too regarding anything and everything from coconuts yers before, hate them,even Bounty Bars made me throw up

5 hours ago, tropo said:

I bought a liter of that the other day to try it. To me, it doesn't taste anywhere near the real thing. It certainly is a lot cheaper than buying the real thing. 

I also have the Malee coconut water, currently in promotion at 45 Baht at Big C extra, but there are several other options between 59 and 99 Baht.

On the Malee box it clearly says, every bottle will taste different as not 2 coconuts are the same.

They also had a brand at big c named Koh Coconut, which claims to be an awarded product.

https://www.kohcoconut.com/koh-coconut-1l

12 minutes ago, teddog said:

Advertisement
Health

16 June 2017

So now it is, from water to milk and back to water, about coconut oil ?

Just waiting until it turns to eating coconut peel is unhealthy.

You DO realize that we're talking about coconut water, and that this is a completely different product from the oil - milk - flesh or peel?

Did I see the word "advertisement " at the top of your "study" :laugh:

Edited by janclaes47

52 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I also have the Malee coconut water, currently in promotion at 45 Baht at Big C extra, but there are several other options between 59 and 99 Baht.

On the Malee box it clearly says, every bottle will taste different as not 2 coconuts are the same.

They also had a brand at big c named Koh Coconut, which claims to be an awarded product.

You DO realize that we're talking about coconut water, and that this is a completely different product from the oil - milk - flesh or peel?

54 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

BBC health news  all there,  only thing coconuts are good for is the husk   burning it to keep mosquitoes at bay,  one year its good,next its bad,,...  not bothered   keep drinking it

Just now, teddog said:

BBC health news  all there,  only thing coconuts are good for is the husk   burning it to keep mosquitoes at bay,  one year its good,next its bad,,...  not bothered   keep drinking it

It's all there, but after 2 days of your drivel you still fail to post a link to BBC or any other credible source which says that coconut WATER is bad for diabetics.

Keep sprouting drivel.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

It's all there, but after 2 days of your drivel you still fail to post a link to BBC or any other credible source which says that coconut WATER is bad for diabetics.

Keep sprouting drivel.

you again, remember when you and Naam got together ,made a right prick out of you,     now its published June 16  BBC health news   not bothered if you drink it/do not drink it, just try coconut studies coconut  Just get on with it  goodbye

13 minutes ago, teddog said:

you again, remember when you and Naam got together ,made a right prick out of you,     now its published June 16  BBC health news   not bothered if you drink it/do not drink it, just try coconut studies coconut  Just get on with it  goodbye

You published a BBC link about coconut OIL, while we are discussing coconut WATER here.

I can understand that you are of the impression that you are smarter than someone else, when you even don't know the difference between oil and water.

Goodbye Loppylugs, thought you were in Spain or Portugal already by now.

6 hours ago, teddog said:

Advertisement
Health

16 June 2017
    From the section Health

These are external links and
Coconut oil is as unhealthy as beef dripping and butter, say US heart experts.

It is packed with saturated fat which can raise "bad" cholesterol, says the American Heart Association in updated advice.

Coconut oil is commonly sold as a health food and some claim the fat in it may be better for us than other saturated fats.

The AHA, however, says there are no good studies to support this.

The health benefits of coconut oil

Healthy myth?

The advice around which fats to eat can be very confusing.

Animal fats, such as lar
Than.
Sat fat

Some claim that the mixture of fats in coconut oil still make it a healthy option, but the AHA says there is no good-quality evidence for this.

Here is a bit of the article tropo,no reason to stop drinking it,sorry to upset your breakfast,was other studies too regarding anything and everything from coconuts yers before, hate them,even Bounty Bars made me throw up

No, you haven't upset my breakfast. I thought you didn't care, but now you're back trying to argue your position again.

A don't suppose you bothered to read the scientific study posted by the ADA (American Diabetic Association), that I posted earlier?

Of course, you didn't. Here it is again:

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/58/11/2547.full?sid=091dd77e-0632-4f1c-bcbd-f0

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You published a BBC link about coconut OIL, while we are discussing coconut WATER here.

I can understand that you are of the impression that you are smarter than someone else, when you even don't know the difference between oil and water.

Goodbye Loppylugs, thought you were in Spain or Portugal already by now.

I didn't see that he posted a link. Where is it? I know we're discussing coconut water and not the oil, but I'm still interested in watching his BBC program about it.

Buy another and try again, I think they are close to the real deal. Also UFC at 69 baht have a good taste. Just as an experiment I bought the green coconut and opened it and put it in the fridge, and tasted both the coconut water from Malee and the real one. Both were good , hardly any difference, but you need to drink it within 2-3 days.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

No, you haven't upset my breakfast. I thought you didn't care, but now you're back trying to argue your position again.

A don't suppose you bothered to read the scientific study posted by the ADA (American Diabetic Association), that I posted earlier?

Of course, you didn't. Here it is again:

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/58/11/2547.full?sid=091dd77e-0632-4f1c-bcbd-f0

Im sorry Tropo,  Im eating my daily Mars bar right now,can not stay too long        BBC   right   then health news   then  coconuts