Following PM’s scolding, twerking country singer ‘Lamyai’ now covered up

snoop1130

Following PM’s scolding, twerking country singer ‘Lamyai’ now covered up

By Coconuts Bangkok

865.JPG

Last night, controversial Thai country singer “Lamyai Haithongkam” went on stage in a conservative jeans jacket and traded in her panties for actual pants, as she performed in the central province of Chai Nat.

Following Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha’s comments on her sexy stage outfit and suggestive dance moves earlier this week, the 18-year-old told reporters she has been feeling a little “uneasy,” and has adjusted her act to earn acceptance from the public.

She told Sanook that she has indeed taken the PM’s oddly timed public criticism — he was speaking to reporters after a meeting about rice policy — into consideration. After the premier’s comments, her manager had said Lamyai would dutifully reduce her number of pelvic thrusts, a key selling point of her act, from nine to a demure three.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/following-pms-scolding-twerking-country-singer-lamyai-now-covered/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-6-16

2 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Sounds more like the media beating this up than anything else.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. When you have tens of thousands of prostitutes working in a country where prostitution is illegal, focusing on a singers stage dress seems a little odd.

I wonder if the PM is concerned he is getting a hard on while watching, which he normally only gets while viewing military hardware?

Well I may be the only farang that doesn't like all those pelvic thrusts. My Thai wife also doesn't like that show.
I never liked it when Madonna did her sleazy acts also, but I like Madonna.
Someone put up a never ending clip of her pelvic thrusting. Doesn't look great to me.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

can the self made PM try to make Thai people forget about the submarines. Focus in more important issues. It's better oh dear leader!

Thrusters are sometimes mentioned when dealing with submarines. Lamyai is definitely a powerful thruster.

15 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Well I may be the only farang that doesn't like all those pelvic thrusts. My Thai wife also doesn't like that show.
Someone put up a never ending clip of her pelvic thrusting. Doesn't look great to me.

Guess you and Prayuth are of the same vintage.  Times change old timer.  We don't do the waltz or have dance cards anymore.

9 hours ago, carlyai said:

It's kind of ironic to think that the dear departed figurehead of the country was pals with Elvis. 

My wife and I like the change and applaud this young woman for complying with the PM's request.  We've got plenty of ladies dancing and cavorting half dressed already.  In Pattya they stand on the streets in plain underwear to entice customers, not even bothering with an appropriate sexy outfit.  This twerking stuff is worse than we used to see in strip clubs as well.

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I tend to agree. When you have tens of thousands of prostitutes working in a country where prostitution is illegal, focusing on a singers stage dress seems a little odd.

I wonder if the PM is concerned he is getting a hard on while watching, which he normally only gets while viewing military hardware?

he is wise and choose a battle he could (be seen to) win. remember when the TAT lady said she was going to get rid of prostitution in thailand?  the good general would also just end up looking silly trying to fight that battle.

"Following Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha’s comments on her sexy stage outfit and suggestive dance moves earlier this week, the 18-year-old told reporters she has been feeling a little “uneasy,” and has adjusted her act to earn acceptance from the public."

"The Public" had *no* problems with her act  -  "someone else" did.

17 hours ago, carlyai said:

C'mon man, this is the 21st century. Do you think that time is going to reverse, just to satisfy the old fashioned and Quaker like  opinions of the likes of you?

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

@Lamyai3

Don't get it ?. When did Elvis stand there and just do 9 twerpthingies in a row, while flashing an old pair of undies?

If you remember, Elvis was considered disgusting and trying to turn all of America's youth with his 'provocative' dancing on stage. I think it was the Carson show, that he was only allowed to be filmed from the waste up.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

he is wise and choose a battle he could (be seen to) win. remember when the TAT lady said she was going to get rid of prostitution in thailand?  the good general would also just end up looking silly trying to fight that battle.

I think the PM and Mdme TAT are working as a tag team (on yet another one of his hair-brained 20 year plans) to make Thailand a virtuous and wholesome country.

PM Prayut is in charge of soapy massages and lewd dancing while as you say the TAT lady is responsible for eliminating prostitution as well as making Pattaya a family fun holiday destination.

Obviously neither of them run the gauntlet of up-front hookers on the footpath between BKK Sukhumvit Soi 3 and Soi 7 any time of the day or night. That would be a good start point to clean the place up. 

18 hours ago, Ron19 said:

Sounds more like the media beating this up than anything else.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely.

Like many press figures, papers and tv do nowadays.

Bringing good, objective news has hugely deminished, or has disappeared.

It's all about entertainment value, aka selling advertisements.

The girl didn't really do anything special, see it all the time, even on tv.

It isn't nice, vulgar even, but that's what people want, I guess.

C'mon man, this is the 21st century. Do you think that time is going to reverse, just to satisfy the old fashioned and Quaker like  opinions of the likes of you?

I like Mr Trump as well. [emoji7]

I think the PM and Mdme TAT are working as a tag team (on yet another one of his hair-brained 20 year plans) to make Thailand a virtuous and wholesome country.

PM Prayut is in charge of soapy massages and lewd dancing while as you say the TAT lady is responsible for eliminating prostitution as well as making Pattaya a family fun holiday destination.

Obviously neither of them run the gauntlet of up-front hookers on the footpath between BKK Sukhumvit Soi 3 and Soi 7 any time of the day or night. That would be a good start point to clean the place up. 

There goes fun city.