Dangerous Thailand: Authorities’ denial a ‘smoke and mirrors’ exercise

rooster59

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Political Science in studies as a personal interest. I look and form my own view points. 

Personal interest studies are always to be commended. The rigours of formal study aren't for everyone.

Edited by Trumpish

There are only 2 sides. The one I am not on is China and Russia. And you apparently are or indifferent. 

Duh, I'm on the side my country tells me to be on. Americans are smart, Ronnie Reagan, GW Bush and Donald Trump all testify to that.

Kool-Aid alert!

35 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

Duh, I'm on the side my country tells me to be on. Americans are smart, Ronnie Reagan, GW Bush and Donald Trump all testify to that.

Kool-Aid alert!

What ever your Kool-Aid alert is. Fan of Ken Kesey I presume! 

40 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

Personal interest studies are always to be commended. The rigours of formal study aren't for everyone.

Nope and Don't twist words. Although you can do what you want since they are harmless and not offensive as of yet. 

30 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

What ever your Kool-Aid alert is. Fan of Ken Kesey I presume! 

Nope and Don't twist words. Although you can do what you want since they are harmless and not offensive as of yet. 

Who or what is Ken Kesey?

I can't twist your words friend, only you can do that. If you write things carelessly and don't really mean them or know how they will be read, it isn't my fault.

Not offensive? Never offensive, not my style.

6 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

Who or what is Ken Kesey?

I can't twist your words friend, only you can do that. If you write things carelessly and don't really mean them or know how they will be read, it isn't my fault.

Not offensive? Never offensive, not my style.

Kool-Aid alert.???  The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Sorry you and I are done here. Thank you for the time but you are not being clever, only amusing yourself. Better time spent somewhere else. 

Welcome to Thailand have a good stay!

Kool-Aid alert.???  The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Sorry you and I are done here. Thank you for the time but you are not being clever, only amusing yourself. Better time spent somewhere else. 

Welcome to Thailand have a good stay!

Wow, that was spooky. I just got deja-vu from when I was 11 years old. I lived next door to a real-life brainbox. He later went on to be a pretty well-known biochemist. But he annoyed the hell out of me because whatever I did or said, he would bamboozle or confuse me, and im not that easy (perhaps now) to bamboozle or confuse. Anyway, after a while I got really fed up with coming off second-best to this guy, so I tried to think of a really devastating one-liner - one that would really kill him. But the best I could think of as a retort was to say:

"You're not smart you know, you just think you are, but you aren't really. Everyone says so, so it must be right. So there."

But the reality is that he really was a lot smarter than me. And he worked harder, and was hungry for knowledge. Of course that was then and this is now and I recognise that better brain-power manifests in many different ways - so long as you stay off the Kool-Aid and don't necessarily believe what people say. Otherwise you end up being delusional.

But I do agree we are not benefitting each other, it's a bit like trying to explain Nietzsche to my goldfish. All it does is pout at me. So I think we are indeed done, but of course, you're welcome to have the last word...

Edited by Trumpish