Thai engineers working on high-speed rail project possible: Wissanu

webfact

4 hours ago, halloween said:

Somebody's got to make the coffee, carry the heavy stuff.

I honestly don't believe they'd even be capable of brewing a decent coffee or carrying anything... Too hot to carrying.... 

47 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Wasn't there an article recently about Thailand not having a university in the top 100 in the world

Another project run by people who know FA about it

As I recall, only 1 (Chula) made it into the top 300, so perhaps you were giving more credit than is due.

Edited by Trumpish

6 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

So the Thais want to copy the Chinese (aka technology transfer) a technology that the Chinese have copied from the west or from the Japanese! I think I drive my car instead of taking this train if its ever going to be built. 

Chinas Knowledge transfer was from the Germans, who sold them state of the art track building machinery that they couldnt use properly and ended up doing it faster with manpower which china has plenty of

I guess so, in the same way as association all SS troops with the holocaust is unfair. But then I didn't do that either so I suppose it's moot.

What are you on about? You probably are a Nazi, given all of your venomous posts about Thais and Thailand. Tell us, would your Thai partner be proud of someone like you?

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

So the Thais want to copy the Chinese (aka technology transfer) a technology that the Chinese have copied from the west or from the Japanese! I think I drive my car instead of taking this train if its ever going to be built. 

you have a point...

But, I remember when a Swissair plane crashed in 1998 in Canada due to a technical issue. Air France also suffered a few plane crashes in the last decade. Respectively the planes were Made in USA and Made in Europe.

Both France and Switzerland enjoy a solid and justified global reputation regarding workplace habbits, engineering or whatsoever.

Very true, we are talking trains and not planes here.

To get to the point -  no matter how strong or advanced a country can be, anything can happen.... to anyone....anywhere...no matter whether the plane or train is Made in Europe,  Made in USA or Made in Thailand...but is that a reason enough to stay at home and miss all the fun?

Edited by observer90210

2 hours ago, dexjnr555 said:

The amount of Thai-bashing is ridiculous. What are all you guys doing living here?

Not bashing - just presenting an unbiased opinion based on observations while living here. 

Not all of them are useless, but most of 'em are underqualified, disinterested, demotivated and about as useful as a fork in a sugar bowl. 

I know how cruel that sounds, but seriously, the topic is about a HIGH SPEED TRAIN. Would you sit on that train if/when it's completed and be able to relax knowing that Somchai Pissinapot, who is a part-time farmer, part-time day labourer, helped lay the tracks? Answer honestly. 

I personally have nothing against the Thais and you can check some of my previous threads where I've actually DEFENDED them, but "high skilled jobs" and "Thais" don't belong in the same sentence. 

They are, generally speaking, still an agrarian society which lacks formal education, proper training and the right mindset/work attitude to pull off a project of this magnitude.

Why else would a foreign nation (i.e. China) be here to build their railway? 

If they had the resources, skilled labour, the technology as well as the financial capabilities, they would never have invited the Chinese in in the first place. 

Not bashing, just saying I won't be in a hurry to book a ticked on that train. 

My 2 cents worth. 

Edited by djayz

1 minute ago, djayz said:

Not bashing - just presenting an unbiased opinion based on observations while living here. 

Not all of them are useless, but most of 'em are underqualified, disinterested, demotivated and about as useful as a fork in a sugar bowl. 

I know how cruel that sounds, but seriously, the topic is about a HIGH SPEED TRAIN. Would you sit on that train if/when it's completed and be able to relax knowing that Somchai Pissinapot, who is a part-time farmer, part-time day labourer, helped lay the tracks? Answer honestly. 

I personally have nothing against the Thais and you can check some of my previous threads where I've actually DEFENDED them, but "high skilled jobs" and "Thais" don't belong in the same sentence. 

They are, generally speaking, still an agrarian society which lacks formal education, proper training and the right mindset/work attitude to pull of a project of this magnitude.

If they had the resources, skilled labour, the technology as well as the financial capabilities, they would never have invited the Chinese in in the first place. 

Not bashi g, just saying I won't be in a hurry to book a ticked on that train. 

Would you not considert the PM laying the tracks, as plain propaganda as per Thai cultural standards, and not a reflect of the reality?

If the Bangkok Skytrain works well, why would this venture not be sucessful -  should it be with or without the Chinese?

And what to feel  everytime one flies on Thai Airways or another airline, inbound or outbound Thailand, with Thai pilots and air controllers managing their airspace? There are no a crash hazard alerts, daily?

Surely there are some fine trained professionnals out there?  So what is the issue with the fast track train?????

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Would you not considert the PM laying the tracks, as plain propaganda as per Thai cultural standards, and not a reflect of the reality?

If the Bangkok Skytrain works well, why would this venture not be sucessful -  should it be with or without the Chinese?

And what to feel  everytime one flies on Thai Airways or another airline, inbound or outbound Thailand, with Thai pilots and air controllers managing their airspace? There are no a crash hazard alerts, daily?

Surely there are some fine trained professionnals out there?  So what is the issue with the fast track train?????

Like I wrote in my previous post, "Not all of them are useless". Yes, some of them are highly professional, well trained and self-disciplined. These, however are a minority... 

15 minutes ago, djayz said:

Like I wrote in my previous post, "Not all of them are useless". Yes, some of them are highly professional, well trained and self-disciplined. These, however are a minority... 

Sure, but is all this enough to avoid taking the train as you stated before?

They are, generally speaking, still an agrarian society which lacks formal education, proper training and the right mindset/work attitude to pull off a project of this magnitude.
Not bashing, just saying I won't be in a hurry to book a ticked on that train. 
My 2 cents worth. 

Hardly unbiased opinion if you ask me.

who will ride this train..this is becoming another power struggle of a few old worn out politicians who want nothing more than to ''build a bullet train'',i would love to ride one as well,but I don't think thais and Thailand really need this YET...and where will they load the goats,sooters and bags of rice most passengers need to transport,or will they be on the 4th class train that waits in every sidding for hours while this bullet train is 2 hours away,as the well heeled Chinese tourists we keep hearing about flock to Thailand to ride the dream train..and we watch education slip deeper into the abiss

Edited by mok199
s

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

who will ride this train..this is becoming another power struggle of a few old worn out politicians who want nothing more than to ''build a bullet train'',i would love to ride one as well,but I don't think thais and Thailand really need this YET...and where will they load the goats,sooters and bags of rice most passengers need to transport,or will they be on the 4th class train that waits in every sidding for hours while this bullet train is 2 hours away,as the well heeled Chinese tourists we keep hearing about flock to Thailand to ride the dream train..and we watch education slip deeper into the abiss

What is your ethnic background? European?

22 hours ago, observer90210 said:

"If the Bangkok Skytrain works well, why would this venture not be sucessful -  should it be with or without the Chinese?"

Well, for one reason, the Skytrain only travels about 20mph. Might make a difference. 

On 2017-6-20 at 11:03 PM, dexjnr555 said:

What are you on about? You probably are a Nazi, given all of your venomous posts about Thais and Thailand. Tell us, would your Thai partner be proud of someone like you?

"What are you on about? You probably are a Nazi"

How prescient of you. Have you been peering in my windows?