Student motorcyclist, 21, killed in Pathum Thani hit-and-run

rooster59

Student motorcyclist, 21, killed in Pathum Thani hit-and-run

By The Nation

A college student was killed and his girlfriend severely injured in a hit-and-run crash involving their motorcycle in Pathum Thani early on Saturday.

The body of Wichet Yajjaikho, 21, a student of Panja Technical College, was spotted on the road along Klong Sam canal in Pathum Thani’s Tanyaburi district at 1.40am. There had been injuries to his head and right arm and leg. 

His severely injured girlfriend, Sasikhan Udpuay, 20, and a motorcycle were found nearby. The young woman was rushed to the Bang Pakok 2 Hospital.

Pol Capt Thiradej Sangsikaew said police would check CCTV footage in the area to try to find that collided with the couple’s motorcycle.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319004

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-25

Knowing Thailand, it is very late on a Friday night. The motorcyclist and his passenger were legless. The hit-and-run driver was pie-eyed and the motorcycle had no rear lights. 15,000 deaths a year on Thai roads.

First of all, never drive a motorcycle after 11PM. Many drivers are intoxicated and will never stop after an accident. The student and his GF no helmets. What are they thinking? There is no thinking. RIP to his family and hope the GF recovers! Budha didn't take care this time!

21 minutes ago, berybert said:

Any proof this was a hit and run ? Or maybe just a drunk idiot who fell off his bike as he was unable to control it.

Apparently the RTP has decided there was a collision. Now these guys are highly trained, so they must of seen damage to the motorcycle! Part of their training is to re-enact crimes, so that is where they get most of their training. The girl found in the canal 2 weeks ago, well the RTP had a re-enactment of the crime.. They took along 90 of RTP's finest for this re-enactment. of the Mother & Stepfather's murdering the girl. Why so many RTP's Finest. It's a training exercise! That is why most RTP Officers are highly trained, but also highly trained in Photo-Ops, too!

7 hours ago, tomwct said:

First of all, never drive a motorcycle after 11PM. Many drivers are intoxicated and will never stop after an accident. The student and his GF no helmets. What are they thinking? There is no thinking. RIP to his family and hope the GF recovers! Budha didn't take care this time!

Where does it say they wore no helmets? Also no evidence of drinking, no rear lights etc. I appreciate all these things are possible or likely, but have not been reported as fact.

4 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Where does it say they wore no helmets? Also no evidence of drinking, no rear lights etc. I appreciate all these things are possible or likely, but have not been reported as fact.

Good point well made.  I myself have fallen foul of the "speculation mafia" previously.  As far as I'm concerned if it is not reported it is not worthy of discussion.

12 hours ago, tomwct said:

After 23??? LaoKhao time is after work at 17. Means the danger is a fact already 19.

21 minutes ago, Get Real said:

After 23??? LaoKhao time is after work at 17. Means the danger is a fact already 19.

You know nothing about Thailand ,as you stated LaoKhao time is 1700 .....You should of stated 0700 before they go to work ,and maybe you will understand

so the danger is all day long !!!!!!! 

Not just in the evening time as you think it is !!!!!!

1 hour ago, paul18620 said:

2142 posts and knows nothing about Thailand 

Ops! I am sure everyone are happy that you have such an extended knowledge then.

As for people going to work, many usually stop at 17. My knowledge of that comes from 17 years of living in Thailand. What´s your great knowledge coming from. To me it seems like 2 visits and a bottle of whiskey all by yourself.

Just don´t bother to comment more. I can´t laugh more today. After the last one my stomach already hurt.