% Thai Food To % Falang Food

glenbat

Just wondered those of you who live in LOS, what percentage of your food is thai and what is western?

Trying to outline some costs of living in thailand and just assumed eating thai food out was the cheapest option but am i wrong?

Didnt spend too long checking out food prices in Tesco etc but a meal for 55baht I thought probably couldnt be beaten?

Just wondered those of you who live in LOS, what percentage of your food is thai and what is western?

Trying to outline some costs of living in thailand and just assumed eating thai food out was the cheapest option but am i wrong?

Didnt spend too long checking out food prices in Tesco etc but a meal for 55baht I thought probably couldnt be beaten?

If you eat thai food, it will be incredibly cheap--20 baht or so for a meal is extremely common. If you opt for farang food, it will be be expensive, perhaps even higher than your own country costing around 10x more than thai food at both foreign restaurants and ingredients at the store.

I have lived in Thailand for years and usually eat farang food that I prepare, but I also absolutely love Thai food and the value for money makes it even more enjoyable to partake. It's possible that under different circumstances I could switch to a completely (or nearly so) thai diet but in Bangkok it's just a modern place with lots of familiar western temptations and I am not real cost sensitive when it comes to food.

I eat Thai food a lot when eating out, but farang food (Western/Mexican/Indian...) at home. This is because, no matter how I try, I'm useless at cooking Thai food! :D

I'm going to have to figure out a way to change this, though, as Thai food is so much cheaper.... Go to street stalls all the time & never cook at all?? :o

I would say I eat thai food 99% of the time. It is cheaper and I think more tasty. There is no need to make food yourself at home. You can buy thai food for very very cheap and bring it home to eat. Like it was mentioned above, farang food is much more expensive and in my opinion just tastes a little off. As thai food taste different in my home country farang food taste different here. Take it from me, eat thai food while in thailand and you will save money and your palate will thank you.