A New Movement For An Old Rolex

wamberal

I have a Rolex that I bought in Hong Kong 30 years ago. It is a bottom of the line stainless steel job, and it has had a couple of unfortunate accidents, including having been worn in the surf without being properly closed.

It is now sitting in my wardrobe, just a waste of space. However, it does have some sentimental value, and I have been thinking about the practicality of getting a new movement for it.

I am not interested in going to Rolex. It would cost far more to fix it than it is worth.

Does anybody have any experience with a good watch maker type in BKK where I can get a decent job done of putting a new movement into it?

I have a Rolex that I bought in Hong Kong 30 years ago. It is a bottom of the line stainless steel job, and it has had a couple of unfortunate accidents, including having been worn in the surf without being properly closed.

It is now sitting in my wardrobe, just a waste of space. However, it does have some sentimental value, and I have been thinking about the practicality of getting a new movement for it.

I am not interested in going to Rolex. It would cost far more to fix it than it is worth.

Does anybody have any experience with a good watch maker type in BKK where I can get a decent job done of putting a new movement into it?

I know what you mean about being expensive to fix. I too purchased a stainless steel model

Rolex in Hong Kong in 1972 for around $160. A couple of years ago the braclet finally wore out and I went to the Rolex dealer in the Emporium to have it replaced for around $250!

You can get an ETA swiss movement put in place for around $100. , this is a good quality Swiss movement used in many of todays better watches.

Or have a Seiko automatic movement used , as these are often the movements used in the knockoff's we see for sale all over the place.

You can get an ETA swiss movement put in place for around $100. , this is a good quality Swiss movement used in many of todays better watches.

Or have a Seiko automatic movement used , as these are often the movements used in the knockoff's we see for sale all over the place.

Thanks, Vespa, and all other posters for the input.

Do you know a reliable place that I could go to get either an ETA or Seiko movement installed? Preferably around Ploenchit, we are staying in Lang Suan?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks, Vespa, and all other posters for the input.

Do you know a reliable place that I could go to get either an ETA or Seiko movement installed? Preferably around Ploenchit, we are staying in Lang Suan?

Many thanks in advance.

Zen / WTC Mall , the upper floors have some watch shops - check with them , only leave the watch for repair if you feel comfortable with them.