Girl in a wheelchair has been conned out of 5 million baht by bent lawyer, says mum

webfact

55 minutes ago, ttrd said:

The problem in Thailand is that the Lawyer title is not protected - with other words basically anyone can title themselves as a lawyer with all the significant consequences that stupidness opens for...

...the same issue applies as well for real estate agents...

Can you find an honest lawyer, in Thailand?

Yes, you can...After having had a very bad experience with a Thai lawyer...So bad that I took him of the case and I took this to the "Thai Law Council"...I have met "the good one"...thanks to a Thai Visa member...If you need his help, feel free to PM me...:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"A lawyer called Phisit Sammalert kindly offered to help with their case."

Then shafted the poor wee soul and her mum for over 4 million Baht.

How does this guy sleep at night I ask myself?  

Very comfortably I would say

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Very comfortably I would say

....or maybe he "act" as a taxi driver in the night...??...;)

13 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

It's only on a very cold day that you'll find a lawyer with their hands in their own pockets. 

In general a Lawyer = a Liar with a license

In Thailand it is pretty much the same except the license as the title is not protected so no license is required which remove the legal protection for individuals...

Edited by ttrd

11 hours ago, mercman24 said:

totally agree the first thing they learn at law college is to lie out of the hole in their ass, (personal experience) its all a show, slag each other off in court, and are drinking buddies outside of it.

Dead true, you only have to look at (Barrister) tony blair!

...around the world...bla-bla-bla.....

...around the world in most countries there are consequences to bear...and serious ones...

....we hear about 'the war on corruption'....here is a really good place to start....

...corrupt lawyers....an oxymoron....with too serious implications to ignore....

...am sure forum members have had their own experiences...

....'back home'.......???

....'here'....

In recent weeks the Prime Minister has been ridiculed for being very quick to step in and resolve some matters of NO national importance. The cover-up and thrust-counting of a "twerking" singer comes to mind.

Here is his chance to gain some respect by giving the police and the Law Council a kick up the backside and get some justice for the girl.

Will he intervene? I'm not holding my breath.

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

Reminds me of the farang lawyer, in Thailand, who only helps after the customer has transferred their property to him.

There are no legitimate farang lawyers in Thailand, being Thai is a pre requisite... 

There are good and bad individuals in all professions and lawyers are no exception. 

You certainly don't get a halo with a law degree, and unfortunately some lawyers see it as a license to steal.  

Depending on the bar organization that monitors the ethical standards,  there can be severe repercussions.....or none at all. 

what co.pays 5million compensation without the victims present.?

was it by cheque or will they say they gave the lawyer CASH.

no police present either.

can anybody smell a RAT besides the lawyer.

1 minute ago, Jasonron said:

That's why the saying "can never become a lawyer with out being a liar" horrible story. This is the fact about the lawyers everywhere. Wish the government takes some steps and helps the mother and daughter... 

True....and let's add insurance brokers, real estate agents or developpers, a few bar girls here and there.....what else?

1 hour ago, paddyjoe41 said:

ITS MY OPINION THAT ALONG WITH DOCTORS THERE ARE VERY VERY FEW QUALIFIED WITH GENUINE PAPERS IN THAIAND.The biggest percent of the so called doctors do not have qualifications,the most they have is papers that would qualify them as Pharmasists,and as far as lawyers are concerned,it really should be spelled liars for the most part.Probably one in 20 only probably,liars and conmen at the lowest of the lowest.Its the usual thing here,THERE IS NO PUNISHMENT TO FIT THE CRIMES.Just take a look at the RED BULL HEIR,is that not enough to turn anybodys stomach.Kill a Policeman then pay his widow a pittance and go to another country and take the piss out of the Justice System,rather than face the music,which in his case  will probably be a joke.

such scandals amongst the elites benefitting from bail offs, also occur in Europe and other parts of the world, unfortunately....as for quacks that are doctors, I would rather have a quack doctor with a homemade degree but who can cure a minor issue, rather then a twerk sitting below his wall cluttered with diplomas and not capable of diagnosing a common cold.

9 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...around the world...bla-bla-bla.....

...around the world in most countries there are consequences to bear...and serious ones...

....we hear about 'the war on corruption'....here is a really good place to start....

...corrupt lawyers....an oxymoron....with too serious implications to ignore....

...am sure forum members have had their own experiences...

....'back home'.......???

....'here'....

You're off your meds again, SOTIRIOS ...

(and 'corrupt lawyers' is not an oxymoron, it's a tautology. You wrote the exact opposite of what you meant to say...)

Edited by Yann55

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

In recent weeks the Prime Minister has been ridiculed for being very quick to step in and resolve some matters of NO national importance. The cover-up and thrust-counting of a "twerking" singer comes to mind.

Here is his chance to gain some respect by giving the police and the Law Council a kick up the backside and get some justice for the girl.

Will he intervene? I'm not holding my breath.

Only if the lawyer does more than 3 thrusts of the hips.