At least 11 people infected with Zika virus in Pichit district

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea seems africa bears most of the malaria deaths. was talking about zika being transmitted from men to woman, not malaria.

From what I understand Zika is also a mosquito borne affliction......maybe you are thinking of HIV?

Edited by tryasimight

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information. article i read said it can be transmitted from a man to a woman through sexual contact. how they determined it was from sex and not from a mosquito i dont know.

No worries George......we should all try and avoid any of these things.

6 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information. article i read said it can be transmitted from a man to a woman through sexual contact. how they determined it was from sex and not from a mosquito i dont know.

Does not need much imagination ... 

1. Husband goes to work in a Zika endemic area. --Wife stays home where there is no Zika risk.

2. Husband returns home

3, Wife gets sick ....... 

I got Zika twice already, on Samui 5 and 4 years ago, so I assume, you can get that everywhere and at anytime. And not only in those areas and at those times, where the media currently knows about it.

And btw: My wife did not get Zika, so either it can't be transmitted through sexual contact or she is somehow resistant :-)

And for the non-pregnant people Zika is quite harmless, I suffered much much more from dengue some years ago.