UK Pension Letter

Hi Members,

Very quick one.

Does the letter of funds/ pension/income signed and stamped by the UK Embassy need to be translated for retirement extension please?

It specifically states that the funds in USD or GBP are not to be adjusted, translated or altered into Thai baht BUT says nothing about the need to translate the document into Thai.

Haven't I read on here before that some immigration offices are requiring the the pension document is certified by MFA in Bangkok, not translated, just certified that the signature on the declaration is genuine, especially if it is the first extension application?

• Like 1

Hi,

I don't know but its not my first extension. I have been many times, it's just the first time I have used this method as opposed to cash funds.

The letter was done July 3rd and arrived today by EMS and my extension is on the 13th , so I hope they do not start nonsense saying it is out of date or time like I have had in the past with bank letters from Thai banks when immigration wishes to be awkward for no reason.

14 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Haven't I read on here before that some immigration offices are requiring the the pension document is certified by MFA in Bangkok, not translated, just certified that the signature on the declaration is genuine, especially if it is the first extension application?

There are only 3 offices near Bangkok that want that. I don't think the OP's office is one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

I don't know but its not my first extension. I have been many times, it's just the first time I have used this method as opposed to cash funds.

The letter was done July 3rd and arrived today by EMS and my extension is on the 13th , so I hope they do not start nonsense saying it is out of date or time like I have had in the past with bank letters from Thai banks when immigration wishes to be awkward for no reason.

The income letter is valid for 6 months so no worry there,

I am thinking you live here in Isaan and no office up here asks for the MFA signature certification.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I am thinking you live here in Isaan and no office up here asks for the MFA signature certification.

Ubonjoe,,

I do indeed.

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

If it's any reassurance to you I also plan to do my extension on the 13th, but on the basis of an Embassy letter dated 11th May! Never had any problem with 2-month-old letters at my immigration office (Rayong) in previous years, though.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 4:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

Can also confirm that no additional endorsement is required at Udon Thani. 

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

Just reporting back as I managed to get there a day earlier to immigration at Sakon Nakhon. All went well and I found the Embassy letter a far easier option than bank books and bank letters.

I did say I have had minor problems with a certain police captain in the past, who made me update a book to the very same day as my application. I had no such problems on this occasion with the Embassy letter.

The Police Major in charge, who was a lady, has been transferred to Nongkhai so there is a new regime in place at these offices.

Anyway, thanking all of you people on TV who offered great advice and assistance to me.

Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect