Woman underwear driver survives as Phuket crash rips pickup truck apart

rooster59

I mean, I know everybody's mother tells them to make sure to wear clean underwear in case they get into an accident... but who knew some people had to be told to also wear pants.  :)  (Not to make light of it-- she's lucky and I'm glad she's okay-- but I had to say it and I probably would even if it were me...)  My other thought is why no pants... if it was raining, did they get wet and she thought "hell, I'll take them off for the drive, nobody will see..."  Famous last words?

10 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

When I read the headline I first thought it was a man wearing women's underwear........:w00t:

I at first thought it was a delivery truck from an underwear factory...

there is more to this story ... was it her truck ?

was she running from someone ?

has some poor guy been robbed ?

Boy, I doubt my 1977 Ford F-150 would break in half like that.  Looks like it was good for her that it did break in half.  It kept her from stopping suddenly and suffering massive deceleration.  Instead she got spun around after the truck absorbed a lot of the impact.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:20 PM, NamKangMan said:

Jeez, do you think speed could have been a factor????  :whistling:

And these are the type of drivers heading towards us in the opposite direction, everyday.  

On 7/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, diehard60 said:

for the truck to be ripped apart like that she had to be driving at an extreme high rate of speed being really high herself she didn't die.

From the link provided.

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police reported, “Ms Karnpicha was caught out by heavy rain, and she was driving too fast, and so when she lost control of the vehicle, which mounted the central reservation and slammed into a tree.”

On 7/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, Reigntax said:

If speed was a factor, expect the police to give her a good dressing down. Wont take long apparently.

A dressing gown would be more appropriate. :biggrin: