Let’s talk about it next year, PM says about timing for general election

snoop1130

Let’s talk about it next year, PM says about timing for general election

By The Nation

0ad66d1f6732b98bb63f66958a68e8e4-sld.jpeg

PM Prayut.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha spoke on Tuesday about the timing for the next general election, saying he would see when it was appropriate to hold it, but stressing that it would definitely be after the ceremony for King Rama IX’s cremation and King Rama X’s ceremonial accession to the throne.

“So, next year, let’s talk about it, but you should in the meantime prepare for it. Everything is on the roadmap,” said the premier. “When the time comes, how can I stop it?”

Prayut also mentioned the election for Bangkok’s next governor, but said he had not yet confirmed whether this would take place before or after the general election.

Meanwhile, his deputy General Prawit Wongsuwan reiterated that the military never wanted to get involved in politics, and that they would end their roles once the national election had taken place. 

However, he stressed he could not give any assurance that a coup would not take place again, as nobody knew what would happen in the future.

The deputy PM made the remarks in response to growing calls for the military to be reformed, in line with other sectors.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30320463

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-7-11

6 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

I was walking along a night market last night, overheard 2 vendor's conversation.. " ...hoping the elections can come fast, so we can return to the good old days again..."

So i guess the good old days must be when the politicians is to busy with filling their pockets to worry about making and enforcing laws for the better of Thailand?

Just curious what language did you here this in?

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

2001 until 2005 were halcyon days for Thailand. 

Certainly the best years economically, politically and in regards stability in my 30 years here.

Most people remember alllll the trouble started in 2006. It's been nothing but chaos since. 

My head hurts with it all. 

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

“When the time comes, how can I stop it?”  :unsure::shock1::cheesy:

when I read that I stopped after that. no, he couldn't have, I thought to myself. let me start that paragraph again. LOL. yep, he really did say that!! hahaha. some out of this world shit

Edited by Happy enough
spelling

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

2001 until 2005 were halcyon days for Thailand. 

Certainly the best years economically, politically and in regards stability in my 30 years here.

And then the GFC came along and central bank QE created a massively imbalanced flow of funds into bonds which slowly but surely took the wind out of the sails of commodity based economies like Thailand. No one here is to blame for that!   

2 hours ago, bamukloy said:

So i guess the good old days must be when the politicians is to busy with filling their pockets to worry about making and enforcing laws for the better of Thailand?

Even if the politicians who were voted in as the elected government were taking money on side, as least they made the economy much much better than the current fools who only know how to lose his temper at every difficult question, use Article 44 to get their way and exhaust the taxpayers money to buy chinese submarines and tanks instead of investing in their own people and infrastructure, all the while writing new songs to sing about the goodness of themselves. 

What laws are being enforced now? It is still the same old BS everyday. Corruption is still rife. And yet businesses are going from bad to worse, people losing jobs. How do I know? I am also 1 of those operating a small business here. Though I am doing well, it is really entirely up to myself with no help from this government and I see my neighbors businesses going bust everyday and it makes me sad for them.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he could not give any assurance that a coup would not take place again, as nobody knew what would happen in the future.

The deputy PM made the remarks in response to growing calls for the military to be reformed, in line with other sectors.

What Prawit is saying: If a civilian government tries to reform the military, then there will be a coup. A coup to end all coups.

However, he stressed he could not give any assurance that a coup would not take place again, as nobody knew what would happen in the future. "

And there it is- the eternal Sword of Damocles threatening whoever will be in power in the future :bah:

14 hours ago, bamukloy said:

You hear it all over Thailand. Anyone with a decent understanding of the Thai or Isaan language can hear it. 

12 hours ago, Topdoc said:

And then the GFC came along and central bank QE created a massively imbalanced flow of funds into bonds which slowly but surely took the wind out of the sails of commodity based economies like Thailand. No one here is to blame for that!   

Yeah, stupid vendors just spouting their opinion instead of studying economics for many years and writing a PhD so they can correctly analyze why times were good for them in the past...

It doesn't matter who was to blame, all they remember is that things were better then.

If only the green shirts were smarter and let the corrupt government destroy itself, but no, they had to jump in and recieved all the blame.

12 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

In Thai, I understand and speak Thai. 

I think Bamukloy thought you were sitting on a barstool all day complaining about Thailand without speaking a word of Thai yourself... like himself.

It must come as quite a surprise to him that the general population is not as happy with the general as he is.

He is happy though, because nothing stands between him and his Chang beer at his favorite beer bar.