Suvarnabhumi aiprort lounge - paid fo one?

toast1

Anyone paid to use a lounge in old Swampy?

There are some very nice ones in Don Muang, and cheap too. 
Bangkok Air has a good free lounge.

Was thinking of trying a paid lounge out there.

I have used the Louis Tavern lounges (now Miracle lounges) a couple of times.  Last time was THB 900 for 2 hours.  Food rather poor (similar to Thai lounges), booze a bit limited but passable and help yourself, I was a smoker back then so the g-concourse lounge was good as has an inbuilt smoking room.  The only time it was really worth it was when I had a long delay very late at night.  Also, I was on expenses so not my cash!

I signed up for the Priority Pass. They have sharing agreements with OMAN  Air in concourse E at Swampy. Mediocre .

Also NO 1 Lounge at Gatwick South. Good. Coffee, breakfast, and alcoholic beverages.

Costs about THB 1600 a year.

I get 2 free entries per year courtesy of the bank.

Its the lounge Upnotover describes.

Food very basic - wouldn't want to buy it.

But beverages, alcoholic and otherwise, on help your self.

A nice Screwdriver and few naff sandwiches; or coffee and muffin.

But comfortable and better than trudging round the shops or hanging at the gates.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, Upnotover said:

I have used the Louis Tavern lounges (now Miracle lounges) a couple of times.  Last time was THB 900 for 2 hours.  Food rather poor (similar to Thai lounges), booze a bit limited but passable and help yourself, I was a smoker back then so the g-concourse lounge was good as has an inbuilt smoking room.  The only time it was really worth it was when I had a long delay very late at night.  Also, I was on expenses so not my cash!

Didn't know there was a lounge with smoking room. I'll check that out next time. Hope it is still there. I use Louis's at concourse D I think. Been using the KLM/Air France one recently.

For the OP if you travel frequently then maybe worth getting a priority pass. For £159 you can get 10 entries a year then £15 for every entry after that. For £259 you will get as many entries as you like. The app or website will show you which lounges you can use worldwide. I don't know how much the lounges are to pay on entry.

As for the lounges it depends on what you are used to. If you have a few hours to waste then they are worth the money as you get basic free food and drinks and a relatively comfy seat. If you are used to something like the Emirates lounge in terminal A Dubai then the lounges in Swampy are extremely basic. 

Didn't know there was a lounge with smoking room. I'll check that out next time. Hope it is still there. I use Louis's at concourse D I think. Been using the KLM/Air France one recently.

There is apparently a new 'Miracle' lounge on D somewhere that also has an outdoor smoking area.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

There is apparently a new 'Miracle' lounge on D somewhere that also has an outdoor smoking area.

Just double checked and it was concourse F I've been using. Checked Priority Pass app and there is a Miracle lounge on D with a smoking area :partytime2:

Just got back home yesterday and used the Miracle first class lounge in the G area.

I had a friend with me on his first trip to Thailand. When we checked in for the flight home with Korean Air, I used my Delta Sky Club and was also given a club pass for the first class Miracle Lounge. I thought the food was fine and they a full selection of liquor and mixers to make just about kind of drink you wanted as well as a selection of beer and soft drinks.

If I had to pay to use this lounge, I would. Getting to the airport early and having a couple of hours to kill, great place to relax with food, drink and wifi.

LeoTex

Should consider opening a world class ounge that offers ST's and quickies!!:cheesy:

A bit more seriously, much safer to hang around a lounge then wandering in the Duty Free Shops at Swampy, where you can get falsely accused of Shoplifing and racketed for money by the Airport Police. This was happening years back (2010)  I agree, but I remain suspicious and won't spend any more money in those Duty Free scam zones,

• 4 months later...
On 27/11/2017 at 5:28 AM, chris26be said:

Is there such a lounge for domestic departures?

Not a paid lounge, such as Miracle; however, there is a Thai Royal Silk lounge if you are flying domestic business class or have a Star Alliance gold card and flying Thai. The food service is really not very good and the seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have experiences in any airline lounge.

Bangkok Airways have a free lounge for economy and a separate one for business.