Cheap cordless drill / driver

cooked

A reason you might consider a name brand power tools such as DeWALT or Stanley Tools is the actual local warranty repair service in your province. I recently bought an 18Volt Stanley drill driver and was assured that warranty repairs could be done in the Isaan province I bought the drill. Spare parts for brands such as Bosch, Makita, Hitachi, DeWALT, Maktec and Stanley Tools have been readily available in my personal experience.  Lazada certainly does not offer the lowest price on Makita, Hitachi, Bosch, DeWALT or Stanley tools when I compared to a local hardware store. Lazada has a wonderful return policy via the post office or 7-11 on defective products. DeWALT is the first major power tool brand to offer a written 3 year warranty on selected tools in Thailand that I have seen. 

Dewalt 3 year free warranty repairs Thailand.jpg

Stanley DeWALT cordless drills Thailand delivery.jpg

On 7/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, kamalabob2 said:

A reason you might consider a name brand power tools such as DeWALT or Stanley Tools is the actual local warranty repair service in your province. I recently bought an 18Volt Stanley drill driver and was assured that warranty repairs could be done in the Isaan province I bought the drill. Spare parts for brands such as Bosch, Makita, Hitachi, DeWALT, Maktec and Stanley Tools have been readily available in my personal experience.  Lazada certainly does not offer the lowest price on Makita, Hitachi, Bosch, DeWALT or Stanley tools when I compared to a local hardware store. Lazada has a wonderful return policy via the post office or 7-11 on defective products. DeWALT is the first major power tool brand to offer a written 3 year warranty on selected tools in Thailand that I have seen. Dewalt 3 year free warranty repairs Thailand.jpg

Stanley DeWALT cordless drills Thailand delivery.jpg

It'll probably a Makita, see you soon Bob

6 years ago I bought a cordless Boeshe (sp?) for $$ and the workers loved it while building our house - and it had a good warantee.  BUT - after about one year of heavy use, the batteries refused to charge.  No one had replacement: "discontinued".  I wrote several emails to the company and finally got a promise from the Thailand manager that someone would contact me.  Sure enough, someone contacted me to say the batteries were not longer supported and I was SOL.  For this kind of thing, I think buying something cheap that works OK and if it craps out after a year, you can buy again with the latest technology for less than a brand name that can't support long term anyway.

Amorn in BKK will put new cells in your battery pack. There is a branch at BigC in Udorn. In theory, they should send your pack to BKK for you.

ONLY if the rest of the drill is OK. As for 12 cells?, it used to cost me about 2500Baht. (Big DeWalt drill)

I have two Black & Decker and one Hitachi units.  I have had no problems with the drill motors, one is 19 years old.  The biggest problem is the batteries. II have bought replacements from China through Aliexpress and have heard about Amorn being able to re-cell them., but I live in rural Nakhon Sawan Province and the Amorn store in NS went tits up.  I tried to contact Amorn via email to see if I could send them the batteries and have them re-celled but never got a response.  When I called them no one spoke English and my Thai is lousy so they hung up!  I now have three drills with only two good batteries!!!

Archived