Possible to buy Tramadol over the counter in Chiang Mai?

lordblackader

Tried searching without any luck other than a general thread from this time last year on the health forum.

Is it possible to buy Tramadol over the counter anywhere in Chiang Mai?

Yes, I know it's available from a hospital, I've just run out from the ones they last gave me, all 10 of them and I'm not due back there until next week for a follow up so it would be easier if I could walk into a pharmacy and acquire some in the mean time.

Thanks.

The five I know that sell it charge 35, 60, 50, 50, 50 (but he does 2 x 90,hehehe).  Never had to produce ID, but have been informed of limits, but also just as many would have sold me 100.  The franchises will typically sell Ultracet, which is five x more and just is not as good.  This is especially true around the immediate perimeter of Maharaj.  I think you might be able to find it marked up quite a lot around KSK or even Nimman.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

I have had zero problem buying Tramadol at reasonable prices here in CM.  It might be difficult inside the Old City, or in the malls --I don't know.

But it WILL contain paracetamol (325 msg) per dose.  Straight Tramadol, according to my newest pharmacist, has been unavailable OTC for 3-4 years.

Granted, I am older, well-dressed, not seeking large quantities, and usually buy other meds (like ibuprofen) while I'm there.  In other words, it might be sold "by discretion" by some pharmacies.

Just cover up those biker tats!

IMO, it just doesn't work very well...but is better than nothing (or going to the hospital for stronger meds).

7 minutes ago, Brightly said:

But it WILL contain paracetamol (325 msg) per dose

And each one of those tablets contains 37.5mgms of tramadol -- If you are lucky enough to be buying a reputable brand or generic.

"Straight" Tramadol remains available but your newest pharmacist chooses(like many others) not to sell it thus avoiding the record keeping etc now demanded of those who do. 

Just now, KhonKaenKowboy said:

It is better to mix with coke zero than paracetamol.....I think they can even skirt the law by coming g out with a new brand of the same drug...mine are good till 2021...cost 50 THB for 10.  Volcidol....same green/yellow capsule.

"Volcidol" is an Indian generic(copy)  which not listed in MIMS(Thailand) as being available in country. 

31 minutes ago, perthperson said:

"Volcidol" is an Indian generic(copy)  which not listed in MIMS(Thailand) as being available in country. 

Wrong.  Reg #1A 227/38.   Drugs.com says ONLY available in Thailand.  Page 31 of Thailand Green Book.  Pharmasant Labs, Nonthaburi.  

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy