Harder to get permanent residence in Norway for Thais from 1 September 2017:

Harder to get permanent residence in Norway for Thais from 1 September 2017:

Thais with low income in Norway should hasten to seek permanent residence before 1 September. After that there will be only temporary residence permits on those with incomes below 238,784 kroner before tax - or those who have received social assistance during the past 12 months.

The Norwegian government has adopted new rules for a permanent residence permit that will hit many Thais in Norway, especially those who are not in full time employment. UDI informs however Thailands Tidende that Thais who are married to Norwegians - but do not meet the requirement for permanent residence - still will get a temporary residence permit.

The new requirements were adopted on June 21, but was first  made known  in UDI's website on 11 July.,  The requirements come into force on September 1 this year so Thais with low income in Norway should hasten to seek permanent residence before that date.

The amendments are also a part of  the restrictive measures  which were adopted on 16 June last year, stating the UDI.

- Family reunification as before

We asked the acting area director Maria Andersson for Applicants:

- If you do not meet the requirement for permanent residence, you can then apply for a temporary residence, and how long is it?

- Many in this group have come to Norway through family reunification. Family reunification permits are temporary permits that normally must be renewed after one to three years. The requirements will be no different than would otherwise apply when applying for renewal of its license. One can renew their temporary permits as long as you still meet the conditions for this permit.

- Does the change that Thais who are married to Norwegians living in Norway may risk losing their residence permit and had to leave the country?

- No. As long as they still meet the requirements for family reunification permit, they will still be able to renew the temporary permit. That's if they intend to apply for a permanent residence permit - and after the drop to seek renewal periodically - that the new requirements are triggered.

Good! Step in the right direction at last - now they will start to get a feeling what it is like having to meet financial requirements - given it is only 1 million Baht, but I see Norway being at the forefront in Europe of tightening the screws on migrants. (They will probably just move to Sweden when it gets too much.

• Like 2

Should not be a big problem for most. Thai and Philipino immigrants to Norway has nearly the same employment rate as Norwegian women. And in a country where a cleaner in a School makes 1,5 million baht a year (yes you expats are in the wrong country) , the income requirement is achieveable for most, provided they learn the language as all jobs available require a certain lanhuage proficiency. Also tehy have to be in Norway for 3 years on temporary recidency visa before they can even apply for a permanent residency. So they have three years to learn Norwegian and get a job. And should they not meet the requirement all it means is that they will have to show their face at the local police station, hand in a form, and a new temprorary residency will be granted. It takes 5 minutes, and then they have another year to meet the requirement. And failing that they can then just apply for full citizenship.

The fact that if married to a Norwegian, have lived with that Norwegian in Norway, they can apply for full citizenship after only 4 years (for those not married to a Norwegian citizen it is 7 years) , provided they have passed a level 2 language test. 

Anyway, Thai women have a good reputation ammong emplyers in Norway as hard working, and reliable employees, that show up for work and get the job done. Thailand should be proud of all that has made their home here.

Edited by Gimbo

15 hours ago, Gimbo said:

Should not be a big problem for most. Thai and Philipino immigrants to Norway has nearly the same employment rate as Norwegian women. And in a country where a cleaner in a School makes 1,5 million baht a year (yes you expats are in the wrong country) , the income requirement is achieveable for most, provided they learn the language as all jobs available require a certain lanhuage proficiency. Also tehy have to be in Norway for 3 years on temporary recidency visa before they can even apply for a permanent residency. So they have three years to learn Norwegian and get a job. And should they not meet the requirement all it means is that they will have to show their face at the local police station, hand in a form, and a new temprorary residency will be granted. It takes 5 minutes, and then they have another year to meet the requirement. And failing that they can then just apply for full citizenship.

The fact that if married to a Norwegian, have lived with that Norwegian in Norway, they can apply for full citizenship after only 4 years (for those not married to a Norwegian citizen it is 7 years) , provided they have passed a level 2 language test. 

Anyway, Thai women have a good reputation ammong emplyers in Norway as hard working, and reliable employees, that show up for work and get the job done. Thailand should be proud of all that has made their home here.

Where you get all this chit from, I am from Norway and now all about this belive me.

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

Where you get all this chit from, I am from Norway and now all about this belive me.

Norwagians think that Norway is the centre of the Universe and are a bunch of no good discriminating you know what.

Have been sailing on Norwegian cargo ships and felt never been accepted with the occassional remarks of

"what your doing here, go to your own country" this while I speak, read and write the <deleted> language.

Bit like Thailand and the Thais. :annoyed: :ohmy:

17 hours ago, Gimbo said:

8 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

What exactly is not correct in post#5 that you quoted?

You most be married 5 year and stay in Norway fore 5 year`s then you can maybe apply fore citizenship. But you must choose between Norwegian citizens or Thai citizens, can not have citizenship in Norway any more. Many new rules now.

And Norway don`t have 2 Language test, you most take a school fore 3 month that`s it. And the most of Thai don`t work so if the man die the wife get 75 % of his pensjon fore 6 month that`s it she get anything more (New rules) They most start to work. And if they live in Thailand she or hime get nothing from Norway.

Here you fine all rules in Norway and have a nice day whit reading :  https://www.udi.no/en/important-messages/new-requirement-for-you-who-are-applying-for-a-permanent-residence-permit-to-be-able-to-support-yourself/

4 hours ago, bandito said:

Norwagians think that Norway is the centre of the Universe and are a bunch of no good discriminating you know what.

Have been sailing on Norwegian cargo ships and felt never been accepted with the occassional remarks of

"what your doing here, go to your own country" this while I speak, read and write the <deleted> language.

Bit like Thailand and the Thais. :annoyed: :ohmy:

We are not in the center off the Universe bat close. And whay you stay on Norwegian ship if you don`t like it it`s up to you. Maybe it has something about the way you behave on above other men On a ship on Norwegian Boat ? I think you make good money man , but you don`t pay tax to Norway like all this from Spain some tray to get Pensjon from Norway, but they don`t pay any tax to Norway, Like you maybe ?

Here you can se the money coming to Norway https://www.nbim.no/en/ every day some give me my Pensjon every year 640.000 Bath after Tax and i was a Seaman like you.

Have a nice day :) 

Edited by nasa123

4 hours ago, nasa123 said:

You most be married 5 year and stay in Norway fore 5 year`s then you can maybe apply fore citizenship. But you must choose between Norwegian citizens or Thai citizens, can not have citizenship in Norway any more. Many new rules now.

And Norway don`t have 2 Language test, you most take a school fore 3 month that`s it. And the most of Thai don`t work so if the man die the wife get 75 % of his pensjon fore 6 month that`s it she get anything more (New rules) They most start to work. And if they live in Thailand she or hime get nothing from Norway.

Here you fine all rules in Norway and have a nice day whit reading :  https://www.udi.no/en/important-messages/new-requirement-for-you-who-are-applying-for-a-permanent-residence-permit-to-be-able-to-support-yourself/

We are not in the center off the Universe bat close. And whay you stay on Norwegian ship if you don`t like it it`s up to you. Maybe it has something about the way you behave on above other men on the ship from Norwegian ? I think you make good money man , but you don`t pay any tax to Norway like all this from Spain some tray to get Pensjon from Norway but they Lost in the court because they don`t pay Tax. But they don`t pay any tax to Norway like you maybe ?

Here you can se the money coming in to Norway  every day some give me my Pensjon every year 2.640.000 Bath after Tax and i was a Seaman like you.

Have a nice day :)  https://www.nbim.no/en/

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, nasa123 said:

We are not in the center off the Universe bat close. And whay you stay on Norwegian ship if you don`t like it it`s up to you. Maybe it has something about the way you behave on above other men On a ship on Norwegian Boat ? I think you make good money man , but you don`t pay tax to Norway like all this from Spain some tray to get Pensjon from Norway, but they don`t pay any tax to Norway, Like you maybe ?

Here you can se the money coming to Norway https://www.nbim.no/en/ every day some give me my Pensjon every year 640.000 Bath after Tax and i was a Seaman like you.

Have a nice day :) 

There you have it " Why you stay on Norwegian ship bla, bla, bla".

Bunch of bigots.

Paid 15% tax to Norway and no pension rights.

You are right about not being in the centre of the Universe unlike what Norway thinks it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.7.2017 at 6:04 AM, bandito said:

There you have it " Why you stay on Norwegian ship bla, bla, bla".

Bunch of bigots.

Paid 15% tax to Norway and no pension rights.

You are right about not being in the centre of the Universe unlike what Norway thinks it is.

bandito@ You have paid 15% Tax but do not pay tax fore get pension. Then your tax rate will be 37% Tax, like all other Norwegian Sailors who receive pension. You had a choice that was not Norwegian if you would pay Social Tax for and get a pension or not, it was up to you, but you were so greedy that you wanted the most money in your pocket every month. Many Spaniards and from other countries I know who receive full pension from Norway because they paid the same tax as the Norwegian on Norwegian Ships. Greedy man from Spain i think ? You was stupid, You lose about +/-  2000 Euro every mount the rest of your life because you are so greedy. 

5 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

A Cleaner Gets 1.5 Mill Bht. So once their naturall resources dry up they only got Fishing to overpay themself n Imegrants with

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A normal work like cleaner have 1,5 Mill but they pay Tax in Norway, I am from Norway so I now. Normally Tax are 35 /40 % of the salary.

And 1 time every year you get Holiday money after want you get in salary fore 1 year 11% in Holiday money and 4 week Holiday, + Desember are Tax FREE because Christmas (Exspensive mount). But you get  not salary in your holiday . And like me I get sick of my work in the oil  business and Hospital say I can not work more the i get sick pensjon from Government rest of my life every mount. I have hi  Pensjon because a pay match Tax when i work so they give me 4,8 mill every year and i am 52 year. I have some friends in Norway some only work black money and 1 man get very sick and he get 100.000 Bath fore 1 year, and this you can not live in Norway, !00.000 are 2 mount rent of a small apartment not more because he never pay any Tax <deleted>..ing stupid people.And i don`t fill sorry fore hime to.

On 15.7.2017 at 11:06 AM, Mangkhut said:

Youre correct. This new rule applies to all foreigners seeking permanent residency in Norway. 

On 15.7.2017 at 11:06 AM, Mangkhut said:

Youre correct. This new rule applies to all foreigners seeking permanent residency in Norway. 

Every body from Eu or Chengen can move to Norway and work and live no problem welcome, Can you do that in Thailand ?  No i don`t think so you now whay because Thai don`t want to have Faranger in Thailand ( Thai don`t like Faranger that`s it), I her this from Thai people and Thai friends to, from all over Thailand and Police and Immigration ++++ but i Live here now for 9 year`s but move soon.

Edited by nasa123