Anyone Looking For Staff?

i have a thai friend, 23, who is moving to koh phangan. he speaks excellent english and his experience is as a bartender/waiter in busy resorts. thought i would see if anyone needs someone like him for the upcoming high season- he is looking to stay in the 7000b/mo. range.

i have a thai friend, 23, who is moving to koh phangan. he speaks excellent english and his experience is as a bartender/waiter in busy resorts. thought i would see if anyone needs someone like him for the upcoming high season- he is looking to stay in the 7000b/mo. range.

Is he still your gig or going marry the fella and settle down :-)

nah different guy though my "gig" has also come back to koh phangan and is working already here. :o i prefer to keep him a gig because i can not accept thai mens' views of an ideal relationship. it's working quite well so far.

nah different guy though my "gig" has also come back to koh phangan and is working already here. :o i prefer to keep him a gig because i can not accept thai mens' views of an ideal relationship. it's working quite well so far.

I'm very curious, what is a Thai man's view of an ideal relationship? Please enlighten me.

ok, since you asked, in general by thai men a woman is seen as a man's property, she is expected to cater to him up to and including looking away as he satisfies himself with whomever he pleases... she is not allowed to have other male friends, and must dress and act a certain way- quite like 50's america. which is fine if you are a thai woman brought up to expect these things, but i am very much american and will never adapt. supposedly there are exceptions but i have never met them. so thai men are simply for fun for me, for now. i am not looking to marry one.

go ahead and bash away, you won't change my mind.

Let me just add one thing, coming from an entirely different perspective than girlx. She is a single farang woman. She is not going to meet the nice Thai guys because the ones her age are already married and because they are nice guys, won't be hanging out in the company of a single farang woman. :o

Anyway, if your friend is really qualified and experienced at the resort level, have you suggested he try that new resort Santhiya? Or Phangan Buri in Hadrin? The big resorts are always looking for experienced qualified people.

If his experience isn't such that a big place will take him then perhaps Wiang Thai in Thong Sala, I believe he is looking for staff.

thanks sbk, i did see a sign for wiang thai as well. i will send him on there.

and you are right, most of the nice guys are married. my little "gig" is a nice guy for sure, but he is 22. the only single thai guys my age that i know are a**holes.

thanks sbk, i did see a sign for wiang thai as well. i will send him on there.

and you are right, most of the nice guys are married. my little "gig" is a nice guy for sure, but he is 22. the only single thai guys my age that i know are a**holes.

Girlx, just a question and please do not take it personally.

Are you with Thai men because you don't care to be with a farang man or is it that farang men aren't interested in farang women so the Thai men are your second choice?

While I think farang women are nice and all I find the Thai females to be the only thing I want, for whatever reason. Farang women have become like ghost to me in that I don't really notice them anymore and most of my farang male friends feel the same way.

and because they are nice guys, won't be hanging out in the company of a single farang woman. :D

Why is that? :D:o:D

Because they will be with their wives, not out drinking with the boys or trying to get laid by hitting on a single farang woman.

Anyway, seems there isn't going to be much help for girlx's friend in this thread, does it?

So, some suggestions for your friend. Try the bigger places first, they will have a place for him to live (presumably he'll need accommodation included). If he's not fussy about location then Haad Salad has some pretty large, fancy places worth trying.

ha- believe me if i want a farang guy it isn't that hard to find one here. not everyone is a sex tourist, especially where i live. but no- farangs are not so interesting to me as i grew up with them, they bore me for the most part. i haven't sworn them off though- i just happen to be in thailand and thai guys are fascinating to me- they are sexy, they bring a whole different cultural perspective, they are painfully honest at times i am finding, and very sweet even if it is mostly fake?! the love of my life is a farang guy. but for now i am into thais. :o

Oh you go girl.

Im the same. Thai boys are for fun only. As much as I love em to death, a future for a falang girl with a thai guy are very limited.

They cant offer me financial security, not that im not independent myself, but I havent got the money to subsidise myself in Thailand and a Thai guy of my age (35) is either with a thai women or is on the prowl for a falang women with money!

The thai guys that i have knocked around with though, havent had a problem with me having thai male friends, or falang friends that they already know, but they have had a problem with me meeting my falang friends that they dont know, but then again it would be the same in the uk/oz etc. British women meets long lost male friend. Your english male boyfriend will be pisssed off to say the least and vica versa.

I could go on about this for hours and hours. Its the same ( well not quite, but nearly) as falang males with thai women!!!!

At the end of the day, if us falang women dont like the shit that the thai guys give us, then we should tell them to <deleted> off and go find another falang women that will give them all the money that they want.

I know also that NOT ALL Thai men are the same, so pls dont think that I do. Im just relating stories from a couple of experiences that ive had.

I will be back to thailand for Songkran. Cant wait and cant wait for all those fit thai guys. Bring em on!!! :D

Amazing how a job wanted ad has brought out all the BS so many farang men feel the need to throw at farang women and Thai men.

Further such crap will result in a warning. So, mind your manners :o

Amazing how a job wanted ad has brought out all the BS so many farang men feel the need to throw at farang women and Thai men.

Seems to be a subject you are overly sensitive about?

Seen tons more crap thrown at farang men and thai women

There is always a feeling of walking on eggshells when this particular angle comes up. With equality of the sexes, I wonder why.

Seems to be a subject you are overly sensitive about?

Seen tons more crap thrown at farang men and thai women

There is always a feeling of walking on eggshells when this particular angle comes up. With equality of the sexes, I wonder why.

Well it's gone off topic . It started off as a job wanted advert & now it's gone into that tripe.

well i have my own financial security so that's not an issue for me, but if i was to settle down with someone, i would hope he was doing at least equally well. wouldn't want to have to support some deadbeat for life. i think that's what most women want.

Although I really have some of my mind to tell and some questions to ask, I feel like this thread will be closed soon since most of the replies are not related to the topic. Should we start a new topic just for this? I'll be excited to jump in if you guys want to hear opinion from a Thai man.

If you always find yourself surrounded by lying Thai men, you should consider if you are looking for love in the wrong place. What are their backgrounds? I don’t know how Thai men in Samui and Phangan (or in any tourist spots) see western women. The same logic is applied to Farang men and BG. This is very important: they will treat you the way they see you. So ask yourself if those locals see you like something negative like whore, walking ATM, or others. Coz if you look like one of these, nice men/women won’t choose to be near you. At least I don’t want to be near those. Go find somebody that can see as a whole person. And that’s not easy to find since it takes lots of communication both ways. And I am not sure how good it can be between the one that can rarely speak English and other one hardly understanding Thai. Communication is very important (any successful couple will agree with me on this).

I have more but I gotta run to the bank before it's closed. Be back soon.

Edited by solid

they are painfully honest at times i am finding, and very sweet even if it is mostly fake?!

Kind of contradictory huh? Are they honest about being fake?

How can you appreciate someone who you know is faking being sweet to you for some reason (sex, money)?

At least with the Thai girls I know exactly where I stand. Yes they might like me personally a little but what they really like is my wallet, hot shower, nice bed, nice dinners, etc. Both her and I know exactly where we stand, no undercurrent BS. It's all on the table.

Ok, I am back.

As for financial security issue, you really need to take a clear look over here. Thai men can give you security only if you live in Thai standard. Here’s how it is. You lived most your life in the west and get used to comfort you had back home with the amount of money you earned in the west. Now you are in Thailand, how on earth can you expect a typical working Thai man on an island earning less than 10,000 Baht to support living standard like in the west? These typical Thai men will do just fine when they live in Thai standard. If you really want to love one of them, please understand this fact. Or at least consider this fact before you love one.

As for jealousy, it depends. When I had one farang gf back in the west, we talked about jealousy. It turned out that we both want each other to feel a bit jealous when it's appropriate. Maybe we were a weird couple. So for me, if I dated someone, I would respect her decision meeting her male friends unless she went over board. But I don’t mind if she gets jealous. I like it. Many people might not like it.

For conclusion, when a Thai tell you that he/she likes/loves you, please look in a mirror and in yourself and ask yourself what exactly you like in yourself if you were that Thai. Be honest with yourself, and you will find the answer or if she/he is lying.

After all, I still think white women are sexy.