First Report to Local Immigration after Entry

I'm on my first Non-Immigrant-O-A (LongStay) Visa. The Visa was issued in Germany by the Thai Consulate General in Frankfurt. I'm now in Thailand and the date of the Entry Stamp is the "13 July 2017".

My question:
When do I have to do my first report at the local Immigration Office at my residence? Within the first 7 days after arrival in Thailand or at the latest after 90 days?

Thank you for clarifying and sorry for Newbie question.

NanYar

• Like 1

There may be one other type of report to make immediately, called a TM-30, but ...

• it may be taken care of by your Landlord - depending on the type of place you live and their cooperation
  • it may not be required by your local immigration office (they all enforce this differently)

To know if you need one, we would need to know what immigration office you report to and, if within an area of enforcement, whether your landlord submitted a TM-30 for you, reporting "a foreigner staying" at your locale.  If your immigration office is Chang Wattana, you don't need to worry about this.  If not, you might.

18 hours ago, NanYar said:

Thank you for clarification @elviajero!

@JackThompson: I've to report to Trat Immigration Office for Koh Chang. I'm not sure whether my landlord has submitted a TM-30 for me. Is Trat (Ko Chang) also an area of enforcement?

I do not know the policies there - but hopefully someone who does can chime-in.  You can ask your landlord, and if they are clueless, then I'd try to do the report, yourself. Just explain you heard about this rule, and you really want to "do the right thing."  By initiating this process, yourself, you should get more good-will than getting "caught" when doing your first 90-day report (if they enforce during those visits - they might not).  Immigration may ask you for additional docs from the landlord (varies by office) - but only a few have been reported to require the landlord to show up in person.

I was now at the Immigration in Koh Chang for clarifying. The officer explained me that I only have to do the 90-day report. An additional report shortly after entering Thailand is in my case not necessary.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1