Non O Multiple entry visa trip to Savannaket

Hello all,

I'm planning to go to Savannaket a week on Monday, the 24th for a non o multiple entry.

Is there anyone who could give a list of the updated required documents and possibly a link for the Laos VOA form.

I shall be crossing by land and have read recently about it being good to carry 20k on your person, so I'll be sure to do that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Besides you passport and a completed application form you need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. No financial proof is needed.

Lao visa on arrival form.pdf

Hello,

If the multiple non O visa is to be obtained based on a Thai marriage, isn't it needed to have 400 000 Bht on a bank account for the last two months?

Just now, WebGuy said:

Hello,

If the multiple non O visa is to be obtained based on a Thai marriage, isn't it needed to have 400 000 Bht on a bank account for the last two months?

A VISA can be obtained from Savannakhet without evidence of finances. 

An Extension of Stay based on marriage (which is NOT a visa) is obtained from an immigration office and requires finances to be demonstrated. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

Hello,

No, that would be for an extension of stay which is issued in Thailand.

For a Non O "visa", no financial proof is needed at Savvanaket..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, perthperson said:

A VISA can be obtained from Savannakhet without evidence of finances.

... and is it then one year or three months visa?

If it is, should the person report to IO in Bangkok or needs to across the border every three months?

2 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

... and is it then one year or three months visa?

If it is, should the person report to IO in Bangkok or needs to across the border every three months?

Both a single (90 day) and a multiple entry (one year) visas can be obtained. 

The multiple entry visa requires the holder to leave the country every 90 days then returning for a new 90 entry. 

• Like 1

I obtained a Non O multiple entry at Savannakhet last month.  Aside from bringing our original marriage cert, wife's ID and house book, I really went unprepared.

I forgot about the photograph required for the Laos visa, luckily i had an old one in my travel wallet.  I filled in the application form at the window and paid 35 USD, he wanted 1500 baht but i asked how much in USD.  I'd missed the bus by this time so got at tuk tuk to the Thai consulate after passing through immigration.   Once there i crossed to the small shop opposite and had some photographs taken and filled in the Visa application form I got from them.  The shop also gave me the required photocopies of the documents i brought with me - I think the wife was required to sign some of them so keep that in mind if your going alone.  I paid 120 baht to the shop for the photos and photocopies.

By this time it was around 10:30am and the applications need to be handed in before 11 but there was nobody else there at the consulate at that time so was just a case of handing in the forms and 5000 THB.

The whole process was pretty easy, if you fill in the Laos Visa and Thai Visa application forms beforehand you can save a little time and a few hundred baht.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perthperson said:

Both a single (90 day) and a multiple entry (one year) visas can be obtained. 

The multiple entry visa requires the holder to leave the country every 90 days then returning for a new 90 entry. 

I left Thailand in November 2011 and back then did not know that I could have obtained a one year multiple entry visa based on marriage without 400 000 Bht. Thanks for the info

1 minute ago, WebGuy said:

I left Thailand in November 2011 and back then did not know that I could have obtained a one year multiple entry visa based on marriage without 400 000 Bht. Thanks for the info

Not everywhere. In the region only Savannakhet  as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

Besides you passport and a completed application form you need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. No financial proof is needed.
Lao visa on arrival form.pdf

Hi again,

Just would like to ask, is it just 1 copy of everything I need or 2?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Great info here. Thanks everyone. I'll be in Savannaket 13 - 16 August and this will be my first trip.

Just to recap..  

I'm married to a Thai and we live here with our daughter. 

I need to apply for a 'Non-o' visa based om marriage and pay 5000 baht for multiple entry visa.

Then I need to leave Thailand every 90 days for the following year.

Is that all correct?

27 minutes ago, pubba said:

Great info here. Thanks everyone. I'll be in Savannaket 13 - 16 August and this will be my first trip.

Just to recap..  

I'm married to a Thai and we live here with our daughter. 

I need to apply for a 'Non-o' visa based om marriage and pay 5000 baht for multiple entry visa.

Then I need to leave Thailand every 90 days for the following year.

Is that all correct?

That's pretty much it! The only point to note is that you have the option, instead of a border bounce every 90 days, of getting a 60-day extension to visit your wife for each 90-day entry (costs 1,900 baht). If you do this, you only do border bounces every 150 days, and it may be attractive if you live a long way from a cheap border crossing. For instance, if your closest border is with Laos, the combination of Lao visa on arrival and travel to/from the border might be close to 1,900 baht anyway.

hi everybody me and my wife went to savannaket on wed to try and get the non o visa base on marriage  we turn up at 8 am thinking there would be lots of poeple like at vientiane by 9 am there was 5 people in front of me. last time i went to vientiane there was over 100.  all the people over the road told my wife that it is very hard to get visa now lots of people turn away .  so very scare  we put in all the forms paid the 5000 baht . fri turn up at 2 pm in 5 min had my visa all good. thank you every body  

5 hours ago, lindlake said:

hi everybody me and my wife went to savannaket on wed to try and get the non o visa base on marriage  we turn up at 8 am thinking there would be lots of poeple like at vientiane by 9 am there was 5 people in front of me. last time i went to vientiane there was over 100.  all the people over the road told my wife that it is very hard to get visa now lots of people turn away .  so very scare  we put in all the forms paid the 5000 baht . fri turn up at 2 pm in 5 min had my visa all good. thank you every body  

Those having trouble are applying for Tourist Visas and do not have all the required documents - proof of funds, proof of residence or hotel, and proof of a flight/bus out.  If you don't have all 3, no Tourist Visa will be issued.

No changes reported for those applying for Non-Os based on Marriage, though.

On 19/08/2017 at 3:49 PM, JackThompson said:

Those having trouble are applying for Tourist Visas and do not have all the required documents - proof of funds, proof of residence or hotel, and proof of a flight/bus out.  If you don't have all 3, no Tourist Visa will be issued.

No changes reported for those applying for Non-Os based on Marriage, though.

hi when i leave thailand in 8 weeks. i read that i need a return visa can i get it at the airport i seen a little booth just before you go thru immigration or to i need to get it before i leave home at my local office.

7 minutes ago, lindlake said:

hi when i leave thailand in 8 weeks. i read that i need a return visa can i get it at the airport i seen a little booth just before you go thru immigration or to i need to get it before i leave home at my local office.

You don't need a re-entry permit since you have a multiple entry non-o visa. That is only needed if you have a one year extension of stay.

• Like 1

I'm here in Savannakhet now on my 3rd trip getting this visa. Still as easy as anything - marriage certificate, copy of that, signed copies of wife's ID card and tabien Baan, copy of your passport photo page, two photos. As long as you have the marriage cert and wife's documents copies, no need to stress if you've forgotten anything else as the little shop opposite the consulate can do photos and copies. 

I turned up around 9.30 and there wasn't anybody else at the consulate at all. Savannakhet itself is still very sleepy and quite boring, but the wifi in Avalon Hotel is fast and the beer Lao is cheap :) 

The baguettes they make here are also to die for, they are amazing! All of the cafes and restaurants are happy to take Thai baht (notes) but you'll get some change in kip. 

Edited by Bardeh
  • Like 1