American tourist in fistfight with Patong tuk-tuk driver over B200 fare

webfact

50 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I do not use tuk tuks, period, no meter, no ride, plus a taxi is safer, more comfortable, usually cheaper, and has ac. I use cycle taxi's before a tuk tuk. 

The tuk-tuks in Si Racha show the prices clearly visible in the back of the tuk-tuk behind the drivers seat.

Should be compulsory for every tuk-tuk in Thailand.

Saves haggling about "how much?". :clap2:

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

Unless I need new glasses, this was no fist fight. The TT driver was attacking the tourist who was only fending off the kicks and punches. How come they both got fined? TT drivers in Patong are out of control, and have been since my experiences over 37 years.

Whatever happened to the tourist police, as I remember they usually stood on the side of tourists for fear of losing the trade.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:39 AM, observer90210 said:

One rarely takes sides in favour of drunk tourists on late night brawls.....

But considering in this case a tuk tuk driver was involved and aware that a majority of these tuk tuk fellows are a bunch of mafia franchised cheats....

One could plainly suggest and warn all tourists in Thailand to avoid these crooks like the plague.

Good and fair job however from the Police in having fined both the antagonists!

5  minutes  later  tuk  tuk  driver  handed  back his 2k  baht and  took  his 50% of the American  fine off the police?

5  minutes  later  tuk  tuk  driver  handed  back his 2k  baht and  took  his 50% of the American  fine off the police?

That's a lot of assumptions on your part. Been here long? Best you change your attitude if you want to stay here... The American was an idiot to want to fight over less than $6 US!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app