Marriage extension for the second year

Hi all,

My 1-year extension of stay based on marriage expires on August 3rd, and I'm currently gearing up to extend yet again. A few questions -

- Will we need the exact same documents? And, will we have to make new copies, or will they have our old documents on file?

- Will we need new photos of our house and family? 

- We've been living in Bangkok for much of the year, but do not have any up-to-date legal proof that we're living here, as our landlord has not formally extended our lease. Our landlord is also very-low-contact and we can only contact her through intermediaries - it's highly unlikely we'll be able to get the necessary paperwork by the time the deadline arrives, and I would bet money that she'd flat-out refuse to send a copy of her ID card to immigration with us. As such, we'll probably need to extend where we did last year, in my wife's hometown where we have property. However, my current departure card lists the Bangkok address. Will this present issues?

- Will my wife need to be present?

- Anything other differences between the first and second extensions that I haven't asked about? 

Thanks!

Edited by Leelas

You will need all the same documents, copies, photos and etc that were needed last year.

You will need firm proof of residence to apply for the extension.

The address you put on your arrival card will make no difference.

You wife will need to be with you.

Unless you change offices a home visit would not be done for the 2nd extension.

We haven't changed address, no, so no home visit I guess. And, will we need new pictures? We can take pictures at our house for the purpose of the visa extension, and we have our vacation photos from this previous year, but aside from that we don't have any new candid photos of us at home.

A couple more quick followup question - what's the last day we can go? Do we need, say, a week or so before the visa expires?

And, if we do decide to extend in Bangkok, I've heard we need our landlord's ID card - what other documents will we need from her?

Thanks, as usual, for the help!

Edited by Leelas

If you apply in Bangkok that will be a different address than the one you used for your last extension application.

You need photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One photo must show the hours number in it. Vacation photos are not needed or accepted.

You could do the application on the last day of your extension  if you wanted to. But best to do it early in case you are short some documents.

Immigration normally wants a  rental agreement with signed copies of owner's house book and ID card attached.

Bit off topic but if one had a first marriage extension where they come round your house and send stuff to BKK for approval but the next year or two one used a multi-O visa and then applied for a year permission to stay extension again, do they start from the beginning or are ones previous stay history stay in force...? 

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Bit off topic but if one had a first marriage extension where they come round your house and send stuff to BKK for approval but the next year or two one used a multi-O visa and then applied for a year permission to stay extension again, do they start from the beginning or are ones previous stay history stay in force...? 

It would start all over again. There would be a home visit.

Not all applications are sent to Bangkok for a approval. They are sent to the immigration division headquarters for the region of the country you live in. Only those within the central region are sent to division 3 in Bangkok for approval.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It would start all over again. There would be a home visit.

Not all applications are sent to Bangkok for a approval. They are sent to the immigration division headquarters for the region of the country you live in. Only those within the central region are sent to division 3 in Bangkok for approval.

OK, thanks...:smile: