Scandal rocks PM Srettha: Ethics violation accusation

12 minutes ago, thainet said:

Pitchit has now resigned, so good chance the court will dismiss the case entirely.

No can do

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, bob smith said:

get rid of this stooge now.

he wasn’t voted for by the people.

he is a puppet and a charlatan. 

bob.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does go because if he did, someone would have to replace him. I wonder who could do that?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

No, I won’t lose my concentration. I have a team of working staff and we are confident in our innocence, but I do not want to elaborate. It would be pressuring the Constitutional Court.”

the envelopes have already been sent to cover this. So no need for himt o worry.  

40 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he does go because if he did, someone would have to replace him. I wonder who could do that?

Former PM Prayut might volunteer. If one is without ethics, one can't violate ethics. And Prayut is the Charm of the military. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

I don't underestimate the people's disatisfaction and anger about what happened with Pita, and forsee that tipping point for the Thai people fast approaching.

Well, certainly optimism helps us get through the day.

• Like 2

Certainly has nothing to worry about when you have No ethical standards you Certainly can't violate the code, he won't lose his concentration,  criminals are always confident of there innocence. His team is preparing a thorough  long list of excuses and lies which hopefully you will believe and l can continue on my way, Cob Khun karp

• Thumbs Up 1

Transparency.org.  Where does Thailand rank on the World Corruption Index? Where does your country rank on this index? 

Do you think that "transparency.org" and like research groups have any validity? Where does Russia, India, China, South AFRICA and Brazil rank (BRICS Nations) rank?

I AM NOT claiming that there is corruption in Thailand. I am simply pointing that there are matrixes out there

easily found online that purport to measure such things, right or wrong.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

we are confident in our innocence

Sure . Confidence is a fine thing .

His team is preparing a thorough explanation to prove their innocence.

Trying to figure out lies that are difficult to contradict ... a politicians job ...

They allegedly tried to bribe Supreme Court officials by offering a lunchbox containing 2 million baht in cash a fortnight earlier. This case, known as the Ratchadaphisek land case, resulted in a two-year prison sentence for Thaksin in 2008,

A lunchbox ... given to whom ? To the supreme court ? That consists about more than one person .

Thai corruption is omnipresent in the current and former governments ... may be Prajut not so much ... but still ...

Prajut was better than these corrupt clowns .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rovinman said:

What is needed is a way of making Politicians and "OTHERS"" incorruptible  !

Artificial Intelligence . once well set up ( programmed ) would do a better job than them .

Program it to find decisions for the best of the population , ( Thai ) Politicians only find solutions they can profit from . ( MFP may be less so ... )

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

c1_2796067_790.jpg

Thailand Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin remains resolute amid an ethics complaint that could see him suspended. While on an official visit to Italy on Sunday, PM Srettha addressed the brewing controversy.

A group of acting senators filed a complaint with the Constitutional Court, accusing him of violating the code of ethics in his recent appointment of PM’s Office Minister Pichit Chuenban.

Despite the potential fallout, Srettha remains undeterred.

“No, I won’t lose my concentration. I have a team of working staff and we are confident in our innocence, but I do not want to elaborate. It would be pressuring the Constitutional Court.”

The 62 year old Thai prime minister emphasised that he respects the checks on his government and views them as normal. His team is preparing a thorough explanation to prove their innocence.

The controversy centres on Pichit, previously an adviser to the Bangkok-born politician and former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s lawyer in the infamous lunchbox bribe scandal. This scandal has raised serious questions about Pichit’s suitability for a Cabinet position.

Pichit served prison time for contempt of court after attempting to bribe officials in a high-profile land case involving Thaksin. On June 25, 2008, the Supreme Court sentenced Pichit and two colleagues to six months in prison.

They allegedly tried to bribe Supreme Court officials by offering a lunchbox containing 2 million baht in cash a fortnight earlier. This case, known as the Ratchadaphisek land case, resulted in a two-year prison sentence for Thaksin in 2008, reported Bangkok Post.

The Constitutional Court is set to meet on Thursday to decide whether to accept the senators’ ethics petition regarding Srettha and Pichit.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Bangkok Post

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-21

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Srettha, Pichit, Thaksin, Yingluck, and next Paetongtarn potentially....a gang of dubious politicians 🙏

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

get rid of this stooge now.

he wasn’t voted for by the people.

he is a puppet and a charlatan. 

bob.

Dump the Sox wearing Puppet for Thaskin , Thaskin the Clown dealing with Burma lol