Forget About The Visa Situation Forcing The Move

Beavis and Butthead

If Bombings Continue on Regular Basis  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

become my neighbhor in a small tranquil kibbutz outside of jerusalem. we can teach u how to go thru any kind of bomb threat search scare or reality (been there donethat one too); and u know what? after my minor car crash due to stupid soldier girl in a hurry to get to her base on time, it makes me rethink that i should move to the states due to crazy israeli drivers. the bombs are less of a problem me thinks...at least the drivers in america are more polite after they crash into u...

grow up. the only way to ensure that u wont die in a bomb, car crash, freak accident or whatever , is to be already dead.......

bina

Very scary....I used to live in Pratunam area, and Saxaphone bar (near Victory monument) was a frequent stop.

If I still lived there, and the bombings continued.....I would leave until things quieted down (maybe hide out in Isaan)

Please be careful folks. Stay home for a few days and get a feel for things.

Eric

Edited by pumpuiman

Yes it might and I know what you are saying but somehow if these bombings became a constant, I would not feel comfortable

There are other places just as bad. Take the USA for instance.

Year 2005

Population 296,410,404

Violent crime total - 1,390,695

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter - 16,692

Forcible rape 93,934

Robbery 417,122

Aggravated assault - 862,947

Source - U.S. Department of Justice · Office of Justice Programs- Bureau of Justice Statistics

http://bjsdata.ojp.usdoj.gov/dataonline/Se...tatebyState.cfm

become my neighbhor in a small tranquil kibbutz outside of jerusalem. we can teach u how to go thru any kind of bomb threat search scare or reality (been there donethat one too); and u know what? after my minor car crash due to stupid soldier girl in a hurry to get to her base on time, it makes me rethink that i should move to the states due to crazy israeli drivers. the bombs are less of a problem me thinks...at least the drivers in america are more polite after they crash into u...

grow up. the only way to ensure that u wont die in a bomb, car crash, freak accident or whatever , is to be already dead.......

bina

<deleted> do crazy ISRAELI drivers have to do with Victory Monument, Chit Lom and Pratunam bombings? My daddy always told me to stay away from anything Israeli

I think this is a reasonable poll. I live in the center of BKK where the bulk of these bombs went off. If these bombings became a regular occurence, I think I'd bail out of here. This would be the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't need to be walking by Pratunam and having my arm blown off.

Yea ... Scary joint Bangers. Move to Pattaya. :o

Naka.

dont come to australia mate as plenty of people getting murdered here of late and it aint from bombs. :o

i'll do a swap with you if you want and you can also have my job, as that could get me killed as well. :D

hope i dont die before i get to live in the mighty los. :D

Who wants to live in a country which was founded on racism and even racially discriminates between their own people?

"A low point in the relationship between Ethiopian Jews and Israelis came in 1996, when it was revealed that Israeli hospitals had thrown out all blood donated by Ethiopians. "These were donations to help other Israelis," Mr. Elias says. "[Ethiopians] said to each other: 'What do they think? That we are not humans?' "

"Habad, one of Israel's stronger orthodox religious groups, doesn't recognize Ethiopians as Jews or allow their children into its kindergartens."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0522/p16s01-wome.html

bina

<deleted> do crazy ISRAELI drivers have to do with Victory Monument, Chit Lom and Pratunam bombings? My daddy always told me to stay away from anything Israeli

I thought that bina's point is that even in a dangerous place like Israel, the real danger happened to be a stupid driver in a car. My friends work there, and even rode the bus route after it was bombed. I worked in Chiapas, my friends have worked unarmed in conflict zones in Iraq, Haiti, Colombia, Palestine, etc. Okay, a few of them got stoned, kidnapped, tortured; one was murdered; and one died in a car wreck. Only the southern provinces here resemble a conflict zone yet.

Granted, if these bombings continue and spread around many parts of Thailand, it might be too dangerous.

Yes it might and I know what you are saying but somehow if these bombings became a constant, I would not feel comfortable

How do you think the Londoners felt when those pricks from the IRA were bombing them?They stuck around. :o

Who wants to live in a country which was founded on racism and even racially discriminates between their own people?

There aren't a lot of countries that have anywhere close to a perfect record when it comes to anything.

I highly doubt if where you are from is any better. :o

Edited by tuky
comment deleted

Bina's point was kinda obvious,no? Put things into perspective.Take a look at your own country before slamming LOS.

I'm English,weve had to deal with German bombs,Irish bombs and now Muslim bombs.If i lived in Bangkok,i wouldn't leave because of further attacks.The shitty traffic and pollution would force me out wayyy before any bombs did.

"A low point in the relationship between Ethiopian Jews and Israelis came in 1996, when it was revealed that Israeli hospitals had thrown out all blood donated by Ethiopians. "These were donations to help other Israelis," Mr. Elias says. "[Ethiopians] said to each other: 'What do they think? That we are not humans?' "

"Habad, one of Israel's stronger orthodox religious groups, doesn't recognize Ethiopians as Jews or allow their children into its kindergartens."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0522/p16s01-wome.html

Lord knows I am no big fan of Israel, but unless I missed it I have not seen Bina get on a soapbox about her country. Her point was that things like this can happen almost anywhere. If you want to talk about politics that have nothing to do with Thailand there are other forums for that.

My reasons for staying in Thailand are far too important (my little boy & my work) to be swayed by this. As with some other posters, I grew up in UK during the IRA bombing campaigns. Despicable people using despicable measures, but you don't give into them...

How do you think the Londoners felt when those pricks from the IRA were bombing them?They stuck around. :o

Symptoms and Causes.

How do you think the Irish felt with a Billion sterling and a thousand tons of Foreign armour perpetuating an apartheid regime.

I was under the impression this was a Thai forum not an open forum of Foreign Politics where it would appear inappropriate terms are used to discuss a current situation in Thailand.

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Newton's Third Law of Motion

Unfortunately some reactions are more unequal that the initial cause.

Mossfinn

bina

I thought that bina's point is that even in a dangerous place like Israel, the real danger happened to be a stupid driver in a car. My friends work there, and even rode the bus route after it was bombed. I worked in Chiapas, my friends have worked unarmed in conflict zones in Iraq, Haiti, Colombia, Palestine, etc. Okay, a few of them got stoned, kidnapped, tortured; one was murdered; and one died in a car wreck. Only the southern provinces here resemble a conflict zone yet.

Granted, if these bombings continue and spread around many parts of Thailand, it might be too dangerous.

Yah there is quite a few who get stoned in Columbia

Know who's behind it first. Keep an open mind and always remember that LOS is a place of duplicity and vested interests. Keep these thoughts and arguments within an expat web-board like this - and do not have these frank debates with our Thai friends and colleagues (e.g. spout here OK - but not in public). All will be fine. They don't care about us. This is the big-hair, Benz people with the long surnames who are beginning to fight among themselves - and it's probably going to get uglier and scarier. We' re insignificant as long as we don't cause 'them' trouble. Keep a low profile.

..and I forgot to say 'Happy New Year!' Really..don't worry too much about this. Just be skeptical about this accusation or that allegation and always ask yourself 'who gains' from this or that action (e.g. bombing, etc..)..don't depend on the Thai English language media to be as searching as they would be in the West. The reporters are Thai - not farang. The Pooyai know how much they can buffalo.

bina

Smart Dad!

bina

Smart Dad!

I wonder what he had to say about "darkies". :o