Sunshine Hotel & Residence On Soi 8

Griffin

I want to know about the Sunshine hotel on soi 8. Can you see the sea from the seaview room. Thats not such a daft question as it seems quite far back on the map.

Is it noisy with it being so close a large number of bars? Are the staff decent enough? Does it have a good pool area?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I want to know about the Sunshine hotel on soi 8. Can you see the sea from the seaview room. Thats not such a daft question as it seems quite far back on the map.

Is it noisy with it being so close a large number of bars? Are the staff decent enough? Does it have a good pool area?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stayed there about 4 years ago. Was perfectly good, especially pool area. Also no stupidity about charging for "joiners". Can't remember a noise problem, staff were fine.

Not sure about the sea view, I was looking at other things... :o

Stay in the new wing (tall), the old section is crap (lower level) and old decor.

If you want a sea view ask for the top two floors, 10th and 11th.

Good hotel.

Alternate - Flipper Lodge Soi 8 (take a room in the old wing on the 5th floor), IMHO this is better than the newer Flipper House on Soi 7. Pattaya Centre Hotel on Soi 10-11(?) take the more expensive rooms next to the lifts - great views, although the hotel is in need of a refurb and is often FULL of Chinese/Korean tourists, the breakfast reflects this.

Agree that must stay in new wing at sunshine. The hotel's also got a real good restaurant outside on the patio (cofee shop and internet cafe also) that serves good farang and thai food and gives you a great view of the passing nocturnal butterfly populace.

can also recommend Eastiny Hotel, right next to Sunshine. Actually like that more than sunshine. Great pool, no joiner fees and nice staff.

Nowadays I always stay o Soi 10, much more quiet, sea views etc. Sawadee seaview or Eastiny Residence are both great hotels, Eastiny better cause it has w-lan on 7:th floor, nice pool and a great bacon&egg breakfast. Bit expensive (1300b/night in high season) though.

• 2 weeks later...